• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I knooow. I'll admit, I got into Zelda because of Young Link in SSBM. He was adorable, so I had to play the game he was from! I didn't get a hold of it for a while though and started with Wind Waker instead. But I read a lot of stuff on OoT and it's fascinated me before I even played it. Then my babysitter gave me her copy of the game so I was set. 8)

TP's wallet makes me cry lmao. Especially with all those chests. But I can't think of anything overly expensive you had to pay for in TP other than like...repairing the bridge for 1000. In Wind Waker, you needed around 3k (probably more...some obscure number iirc) to pay Tingle and get all those Triforce Charts decoded. >:/ So the huge wallet had a purpose! On another money-related note, I hate how in TP and SS, we have to STOP EVERYTHING and examine a blue rupee. Or yellow. Or anything that's not green. Why... ;;

I always assumed it wasn't Saria because she became the sage...and I thought Link would have common sense to check the forest for her if that's who he was looking for. Navi, on the other hand, is a tiny ball of light that could be anywhere. I always thought Link remembered the things he did as an adult even though at the end, he got to live his childhood, similar to how in Majora's Mask (even though this is obviously after OoT) your major items carry over and Tatl remembers things. So idk. Maybe he was looking for Mido... -_- Nahhh.

When I get the money! I might just wait around for my birthday and ask for it. I wanna import Black 2 so my money is getting devoted to that first haha.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
It's the same how I got into Fire Emblem: Through Marth in SSBB. :'D My first introduction The Legend of Zelda was with Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. My dad had downloaded a bunch of roms, and those looked interesting to me. Although, I had (and still have) a lot of trouble playing the 2D games on computer I quite enjoyed them (despite getting stuck in the first dungeon and ragequiting). I think I was 11 or something. Then when I was 14 I could borrow the Minish Cap from a classmate ('Because the title looked familiar) and that was the first game I completed. \o/
Thought it was Twilight Princess that got me into playing them all though. :'D Something I've yet to achieve, but I'm getting there. |D;

Yeah, you had to pay for the bridge, for the shop in Castle Town and the magic Armor. But it's not like that added to a lot of money, specially when Agitha gave you 500 rupees for every completed pair of bugs you gave her. BT

Stop everywhere? Isn't that only the first time (since turning the game on) that you examine them?

Yeah, I'm also convinced Link kept his memories of being the Hero of Time. And that he kind of lived "those few weeks/months" of his 17th year twice, once "normally" and once as a Hero.

Hoho! Seems like you could use one of those orange rupees that didn't fit in Twi's wallet.
xD;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have Ages (I think?) somewhere at my mom's, and MC too. I am awful at 2D Zelda, so don't feel bad. lol I'd like to beat all the Zelda games, but those 2D ones will kick my butt. Wind Waker was the first one I beat. Didn't have all the heart containers though and that's a huge pet peeve of mine lol. :( Well, it is now. Not at that time. lol I'm only missing a few games though! Only need Link's Awakening, Oracle of whichever I don't have, and the UGH DS titles.

Yeah, and no where to put all that money. :( I guess it pays (literally) to be a cartoon? ;3

Wellll yeah, but it still made me not wanna pick up rupees when I started up the game. XD

Must have been fun. Some people think Young Link is 7 and then becomes 14 though. idk. I always thought he was 10 then becomes 17. It makes more sense and looks more like that.

That'd be awesome lol. Might go find another orange rupee and get Tales of the Abyss while I'm at it. ;)

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Sorry it took so long to add ya'll to the member's list. I've been busy.
Kotowari, I went ahead and added you to Courage, since no one else is there. And, anyways, always go with what your inner fangirl says. It's never wrong. :)

Anyways, I just beat SS this morning! I got the Hylian Shield in Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round, and then I went and kicked his butt. :D
Fi made me cry. No kidding. :( WHY U LEAVE ME, FI!?
LOL, but I started Hero Mode. Pretty neat.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I have Ages (I think?) somewhere at my mom's, and MC too. I am awful at 2D Zelda, so don't feel bad. lol I'd like to beat all the Zelda games, but those 2D ones will kick my butt. Wind Waker was the first one I beat. Didn't have all the heart containers though and that's a huge pet peeve of mine lol. :( Well, it is now. Not at that time. lol I'm only missing a few games though! Only need Link's Awakening, Oracle of whichever I don't have, and the UGH DS titles.

I'm not the only one?! YES!! Sorry, but it feels great to know that I'm not the only one suffering from the 2D games. |D I know what it feels like. I'm at the door of Ganon's castle and I miss one heart piece in a Link to the Past... I wonder where I left it. : <
I still need to play Link's Awakening, LoZI, LoZII, Four Swords Adventure, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (and OoT 3D). I need to finish Majora's Mask (playing -2nd temple), A Link to the Past (Playing - Ganon's castle), Skyward Sword (Playing - Hero Mode/Ancient Cistern), (Minish Cap - Playing/Vaati's Castle), Oracle of Seasons (Onox Battle. This was a linked game that I borrowed from someone... I doubt I'll ever be able to link again. ;;).
(and yes, playing means that I'm currently playing the game. |D It's complicated why I'm playing that many at once).

Yeah, and no where to put all that money. :( I guess it pays (literally) to be a cartoon? ;3
Wellll yeah, but it still made me not wanna pick up rupees when I started up the game. XD
Must have been fun. Some people think Young Link is 7 and then becomes 14 though. idk. I always thought he was 10 then becomes 17. It makes more sense and looks more like that.
That'd be awesome lol. Might go find another orange rupee and get Tales of the Abyss while I'm at it. ;)

I always thought 7-9 was just a bit too young to travel around Hyrule to beat the bad guys. BT 10 is still young, but at least 17 is more acceptable. =/ OoT Link (Adult) looks more 17 than 14 anyways.

Maybe I have to do that as well. |D;

And yay for having the Triforce of Courage. \o/
I know what you mean. : < Fi's goodbye was sad, but I love the song that plays then. <3 I'm a fan of Fi's theme in general... but...hm <3

Oh, good luck with the Hero mode! As you read earlier, I'm going through it myself. The first half was very hard (hence the name) to me, since I was more often than not in need of heart( flower)s. I was kind of happy when I got the Heart Medal. But now I feel like I'm cheating. |D

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Thanks, Kotowari! Good luck to you too!~
Yus, I'm having trouble with the hearts as well. But I make sure to place a beacon wherever I see a chair. (You know you can heal using those, right?)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Thanks!!
Of course I knew that! How many times I was just running back and forth between the inner heart of Skyview Temple and the small wooden chair next to the tree just outside the temple.
I was so amused when I found what these odd chairs do exactly (it was the first time I got to the Sealing Temple, on my first play through). I gotta admit, my most embarrassing moment in Skyward Sword was in the Hero Mode... Game Over thanks to the two Deku Babas you meat right after landing in the Sealing Grounds. Never again am I going to try and hit (a/two) Deku babas with my sword... Skyward Strike all the way!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Good luck to y'all in hero mode. :) I need to get off my arse, beat OoT and then do Master Quest. idk what to do in regards to that missing heart piece though. I was thinking of back tracking all the heart pieces I'm slightly unsure about getting (though I have a great memory and looking at a list, I remember getting all the ones I've been able to get, so...) which would be like...mini-game pieces, I guess. I might have run out of money and went off to get more, then forgot to go back? idk. Bombchu bowling, here I come!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
eek Zelda c:
Username: Lapras*
Favorite LoZ game: OCARINA OF TIME
Triforce Section: Courage.

I haven't actually played too many games, I got the 2nd one (I forget what it's called but Zelda starts off sleeping) free when I bought my Gameboy as a kid but I could never beat it, too difficult. I got OoT and was obsessed, so I got Twilight Princess and now Skyward Sword but I still need that Wii Motion Plus accessory..

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Tehe, welcome!

Thanks, Sydian. :'D I'll need it. I think I already lost count of how many times I GO'd. |D Bumbchu bowling was actually pretty easy. Once you figured out where to release your Bombchu, it wasn't hard to get 3/3.

I heard of many people who got the game, but still needed the wii motion plus. =/ But don't worry, it's worth the wait~ It'll be another three weeks before I can play again... it's killing me. |D;

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
eek Zelda c:
Username: Lapras*
Favorite LoZ game: OCARINA OF TIME
Triforce Section: Courage.

I haven't actually played too many games, I got the 2nd one (I forget what it's called but Zelda starts off sleeping) free when I bought my Gameboy as a kid but I could never beat it, too difficult. I got OoT and was obsessed, so I got Twilight Princess and now Skyward Sword but I still need that Wii Motion Plus accessory..

Welcome! I hope you get the accessory soon... I was stuck without having one too when I got the game for Christmas, and I cried so hard. XD. SS is awesome! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I finished Thieves' Hideout (easy peasy) and then went to go Bombchu bowling. And yeah, it is easy. I never understood why LPers dreaded it haha. But after playing about 10 times, I realized that wasn't the Heart Piece I missed so...gotta check the list again. :( It's none of the bean plant ones, I know cause I checked those a while back. siiiiiiiiiiighhhh.

Welcome, Lapras*! OoT is a great game to be obsessed with js. ;) I wish I could let you borrow my super cool pink Wiimote. It has motion plus.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Sydian I'm jealous D: A pink wiimote? I want one.

I dislike Bombchu bowling, I can't seem to do it. :c

I actually just ordered a Motion Plus today o3o I still need to finish Twilight Princess though. I think I'm in Arbiter's Grounds plus I haven't really had the time to play the Wii recently, being in a house where 3 other people use the TV D:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I wish I could have gotten the Limited Edition Skyward Sword with golden wiimote. BT But the 25th anniversary CD is good as well. 8D I don't know about you, but I listen to it almost constantly. |D;
I saw the "normal" cover of Skyward Sword in stores about 2 months ago. I like the golden one I have, but the "normal" one has more pictures on it. |D Though, to be honest, I prefer the simple, symbolic covers (like Twilight Princess') over the very busy "normal" Skyward Sword cover. : > So yeah, I prefer the golden one.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Let's be real here...
tumblr_lx993iU3Xe1qdstboo1_500.jpg

Who doesn't want that D8

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
*grabby hands*

Also wanted to take those paper/carton towers that were advertising the game with me. >_>;;
I can't find any examples in google atm, but they looked pretty. |D
On a 25th anniversary related note, I wish I could have gone to the actual Symphony. As far as I know, Europe shows no signs of additional shows... but that doesn't take away I would have loved to go. :<

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Username: ~Harmony
Favorite LoZ game: Wind Waker. I thought the graphics were a unique but good change, and the game had its decently intense and challenging moments. Disagree? I guess it could be only my opinion.
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.) Courage. The one I'm sure a lot of people have gone after, but it is the part of the Triforce that displays me the most. I have been striving for Courage for years now.

*grabby hands*

Also wanted to take those paper/carton towers that were advertising the game with me. >_>;;
I can't find any examples in google atm, but they looked pretty. |D
On a 25th anniversary related note, I wish I could have gone to the actual Symphony. As far as I know, Europe shows no signs of additional shows... but that doesn't take away I would have loved to go. :<

I completely geeked out when I was listening to this cd. It was like going through all those years when I first played all those Zelda games again. It was a huge blast from the past. I can't imagine what kind of an impact it would have had on me if I actually heard the Symphony live :0.

On an off note to all of this, I think I am going to attempt the Hero Mode on Skyward Sword and Master Quest soon. I've never tried these super-challenging modes before, so I will consider it a huge accomplishment in my sad video-gaming life if I manage to beat both of these before school starts up again. Haha wish me luck :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I still need to listen since I'm such an OST nut. v_v And ummmm yeah I totally want that golden Wiimote. lol Let me at it! I think I have decided that I will ask for SS for my birthday in August btw. :) I have a lot of expenses coming up, so I'm not gonna have a moment to spend my money on it. Might as well have someone else spend it for me! :3

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Username: Algo Fonix

Favorite LoZ game: A Link to the Past closely followed by Wind Waker. A Link to the Past was my first (that I finished)... and Wind Waker is my favorite of the 3D ones.

Triforce Section: None? I dunno... I've never really thought about it. :o

I went and got Skyward Sword the day it came out. I have the collector's edition sitting proudly on my shelf next to all my other prized possessions!

I'm currently finishing up Minish Cap... I can't believe I'm the only person I know who has played that one. I've been really enjoying it. I guess when it came out was just a bad time, I dunno.

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I've been wanting to play Minish Cap again for awhile now. Too bad I have no idea where it is :(. I thought it was a decent game. Not the best Zelda game, but it was a good way to pass the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back