• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Minish Cap is a good little pick up and play game, actually! I was really into it back ummm...shoot. I can't remember when it was. Probably the summer before 9th grade. /old man ANYWAY I would sit next to the computer and read a walkthrough and do everything in the walkthrough haha. Like I've said before, I'm bad at 2D Zelda. So no shame in what I did. :P It's an odd and lazy thing to do, but it's nostalgic for me. Last thing I remember doing in MC was being in the Wind Palace or something. I think MC is in my game drawer here...and if not, it's somewhere at my mom's. Maybe I'll restart for old time's sake. :)

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
You should! It has a weird style that none of the other games have. I guess that's due to it being a bit... weird, lol. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoy it. I found it for really cheap and hadn't played it... so yeah. I actually got stuck a few times in it, which is something I haven't done with Zelda in yeeeears. I love that feeling.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That Kinstone stuff is pretty crazy, but unique haha. I always liked it. I should have looked up a guide for that to know who to exchange with and stuff. And I'm the opposite. I hate getting stuck in any game and I'll get frustrated or bored that I can't just keep going and I'll be done for the day. I've gotten better though, as far as 3D Zelda goes. I figured out the Water Temple in OoT 3D all by myself. No help! And I did Goron Mines in TP by myself too. The latter isn't particularly hard, but still when you're as bad as me, it's an accomplishment!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
I never played the Minish Cap, but I always wanted to :C It is so underrated, but I love Vaati lmao. I've watched a lot of clips of the game, but I don't have anything to play it on -w-;

Omg
Sydian
I'm at the Water Temple in Oot right now and I literally just stopped playing it since I'm clueless on what to do. HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT BY YOURSELF? You must have an enormous brain.

I've done all of Skyward Sword by myself, it's a little easier, but I like it that way. I did a few of the last dungeons of TP by myself and the first two, and the first and fire dungeons of OoT. I'm a huge fail when it comes to puzzles, which is stupid since thats all of what LoZ is, but yeah

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Aw, I'd let you borrow my copy if I could! GBA games are hard to get ahold of these days. Always faked and stuff. :/ Your best bet would be to find a used game store (not a GameStop, because I don't think they check for fakes, plus I don't think they even offer GBA games anymore).

I'm dummmmbbbbb. I also had a smidge of prior knowledge from doing it before, but I mean, the last time I did the Water Temple was my senior year of high school, so it's been well over two years. The OoT 3D Water Temple has colored areas for each hall that leads to a place to raise/lower the water, so that really helps. I honestly don't know how I did it without help. My boyfriend didn't even believe that I did it without help, lol.

If you did SS without help, but can't do the Water Temple, maybe I won't be that bad at SS! 8D /shot

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I normally like to do temples in nonstop runs, but after I got the Longshot, I had had enough of the Water Temple for the day, and I felt that it was a good stopping spot since I could easily remember I just got the Longshot lol. But yeah, no help. So proud. :'D Would have been better if I could say I beat the Water Temple with no help my first time through on the N64...but no, sorry. :(

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
If I had internet at the time, I'd have been looking up a solution for that one for sure @_@; I swear, I felt like the rest of the game was fairly easy compared to that... nightmare. D:

Oh man, I really want to replay OoT sometime now. Gaaaaaaah.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Thinking about it now, I think that the most challenging dungeons overall are the Water Dungeons.

You could not, I repeat, could not get through the water dungeon in Twilight Princess without help of some sort or days of work on it. I'm pretty sure it takes 3-4 hours to get through with a freaking guide. Then there's Majora's Mask, and the water dungeon in there is said to be one of the hardest dungeons of all time. And now OoT stumped me at, yet again, another water dungeon. WhatisthisNintendo

But I don't have many games sooo :B Those 3 are just my take on them.
I really wanna play OoT now... but I'm always so lazy to search for a walk through OTL

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
But but but, the Water Temple in Skyward Sword is very neat. o3o If you can call the Ancient Cistern a "water temple". Though the actual equivalent of the water temple
Spoiler:

I actually thought the Water Temple was okay last time I played OoT:MQ. I didn't really get stuck this time, and the map was actually a great help. Though, I do remember the first time that I played OoT (the previous line was the third time playing any OoT, I hadn't finished MQ on my second play through) I got lost, so lost. I hoped that I would be able to reset the puzzles if I left, but I nearly freaked out when I noticed they didn't. When I found the way I was kinda very happy. |D Maybe it's because I'm older (if only 4 years), but the WT didn't scare me as much as I remember. : >

The Lakebed Temple was actually pretty fun. It's just annoying to have to move the stairs a kazillion times to go to a place you've already been to. |D
The Swamp Temple in a Link to the past was okay. I remember having to redo it a few times (I'm not good with 2D). The Droplet Temple in Minish cap was pretty fun, though I hated those flying plants (or w/e) that dropped water on you.

There was no Water Temple in Wind Waker. \o/ Go find Jabun instead. |D

harmony~ said:
I completely geeked out when I was listening to this cd. It was like going through all those years when I first played all those Zelda games again. It was a huge blast from the past. I can't imagine what kind of an impact it would have had on me if I actually heard the Symphony live :0.

On an off note to all of this, I think I am going to attempt the Hero Mode on Skyward Sword and Master Quest soon. I've never tried these super-challenging modes before, so I will consider it a huge accomplishment in my sad video-gaming life if I manage to beat both of these before school starts up again. Haha wish me luck

I know the feeling. I squeed with joy when I heard the first tunes of the 25th Anniversary Melody, and I was overjoyed to recognise a lot of the melodies they put in that song. During the Wind Waker Symphony, I could basically tell when the scenes were playing. The Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement was pure joy (to me, it's the strongest track on the CD) and I really wanted to go ride Epona through Hyrule Field. |D

I was wondering though... does anyone understand what they're singing in the TPS? All I can make of it is "mighty portal" (at 4:36 and 4:55)... but I doubt that's the actual text. ._.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
From what I understand, MQ Water Temple is easier than the normal one, and arguably the easiest temple in MQ. -shrug- Great Bay Temple has awesome music, so it's excused from being anno-- lol jk it's not. None of them are. :( Though they all have great music. Lakebed is poop and I was playing TP a bit yesterday hunting bugs, but it had been so long since I played that I went all the way to Castle Town only to find I had already been there. Stupid. lol So I was like "well...shoot I ain't going back to the Lake after that bye TP see you tomorrow." :( Droplet Temple's boss gave me a lot of trouble. I actually for a while thought that that's where I left off last time I played MC, but no...it's not. I did manage to beat it at some point haha.

Buuuut you know, I have to praise TP (yeah from MC to TP lol) for its dungeons. In my opinion, they are probably the most well crafted and just stunning to look at. They all seem like they would legitimately exist. I love the OoT Temples, but I had a hard time thinking the Fire and Water Temples really existed with some sort of purpose. I think about them a lot, like about what people are supposed to do there haha. But in TP, I can think of something that goes on in each temple. I think about temples and dungeon a LOT sorry lol. :(

Also! I would mayyyybe consider Tower of the Gods in WW as a sort of Water Temple. There's water in there! Totally counts. lol Nahhh it's more like a light temple if anything. Favorite temple in WW though. So much fun to command statues lol.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I agree with what you said about the temples, btw. In Twilight Princess they at least looked like something that would have been used as a temple or anything else that suits the environment. The Goron Mines are active mines, the Forest Temple is lived in (and an actual tree, not a strange stone building in the forest), the Temple of Time almost looked like a church, the Twilight Palace was the royal palace of the Twili...
All the temples actually blended well with their environment.

That was one of my quirks with Ocarina of Time. All of the dungeons are called "temples", but not all of them seem to suit the function. The Forest Temple somewhat bothered me the most...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They would have been more appropriate as Forest Mansion, Fire Temple, Water Temple, Shadow Chamber, and Spirit Temple. Now that I look at them more and think about it, the Fire Temple could have been destroyed and when Link goes through it, that's what we see is a demolished and broken version of it and perhaps it would have been different in the past. I can't say the same for the Water Temple though. It's just a hot (wet?) mess. lol Spirit Temple is a gorgeous temple and seems like a headquarters for people. ...Small people, on one side anyway. And giants on the other. lol I still like them all and think they're totally unique though! Even though the Forest "Temple" isn't really deserving of the title, it's my favorite because it's just so different.

Also, I think another reason the TP temples fit so well is because some of them aren't titled as a temple. You have Goron Mines, not Goron Temple. And you have City in the Sky, not Sky Temple. So you know, they're more fitting because they're named appropriately.

I'm such a dungeon freak and I need a life lol. I always wonder if people go pray in the temples in OoT or something lol. But who in the WORLD would pray in the Shadow Temple? Temple implies a haven and a place of peace and prayer, perhaps a gathering for religious followings. I guess everyone that goes to the Shadow Temple are Satanists? lol

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Oh wow. I never thought about it like that. >_> It'd take one bunch of messed up individuals to go praying in the Shadow Temple. Like, first off... it's crazy hard to get to, and once you're inside it's like a frickin' creepy.

Also I got a friend to play Link's Awakening! Yay.

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I'm such a dungeon freak and I need a life lol. I always wonder if people go pray in the temples in OoT or something lol. But who in the WORLD would pray in the Shadow Temple? Temple implies a haven and a place of peace and prayer, perhaps a gathering for religious followings. I guess everyone that goes to the Shadow Temple are Satanists? lol

I always wonder about the skeletons and redeads that fight in you in temples. What exactly are they-- dead knights? After all, there are voices of Hyrule Knights that whisper throughout the Shadow Temple. It makes me wonder then if it was a place that knights used to come to long ago. Either way, it creeps me out.

And then I wonder where all the weapons come from like the bow or hookshot. Did they used to belong to adventurers and were lost, or have they always been the monsters'?

I wonder about stupid stuff, I guess. I really need to get a life :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
NO. YOU'RE LIKE ME. :) I think about weird things in the temples allllllll the time. I figured the same thing about the items and the ReDeads. Actually, though this isn't confirmed, apparently Bongo Bongo was a real person that was a thief (hence why his hands are cut off) and he was banished to either the Bottom of the Well or the Shadow Temple (I don't remember) and he killed people etc. I don't know the full story, but you can read it on the Zelda wiki on Bongo Bongo's page. Very interesting! So maybe the Shadow Temple at one time really was a place that would be more considered a place of prayer and peace. But that boat to the other side still mystifies me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
When I'm in the Temples all I would think about was how these people made the temples and why they would make them complicated (coughwatertemplecough) like why would they go to all that trouble? Especially if you could only use a bow, hookshot, etc.

I just got to the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess and when Link put the sword in the pedestal I was thinking NO LINK WHAT ARE YOU DOING because I thought he was going to go back in time like in OoT. The temple part itself and the music was exactly the same I got all nostalgic. lol.

I just read that and it is really interesting, Sydian! But it's kinda strange, how would he turn into a massive shadowy thing..? I guess we just have to keep wondering.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
One might wonder that about buildings in real life though. Some buildings are just overly complicated and have secret doors and all this crazy stuff inside. Oh...which makes me think, since you brought up items...don't have an answer for those OoT temples BUT. I think that in Arbiter's Grounds, perhaps it belonged to a secret society. Only this secret society was given the Spinners so that they could get through their headquarters and intruders could not. Though, imagine Arbiter's Grounds fixed up some more haha. I imagine that by the time Link gets there, it's been there several hundred years and has had its fair share of wear and tear haha.

As for Bongo Bongo, I assume his soul was restless and his spirit lives on in the form of...a penis with hands. lol That's just what I think though, hence why he's still there in that shadow form and the other form that Link fights.

Bzzzzzzzt talking about temples makes me excited to finish my RNG project since it's Zelda related. Hopefully y'all will like it. XD

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Username: 8bitSilence
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time or Adventure of Link
Triforce Section: Wisdom

What is your favorite character, and why?
-Ehhh...tie between Tetra and Tingle. I like Tetra's cockiness and Tingle's obsession with fairies.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
The whistle grass in TP Probably the Wind Waker. I loved the Spirit Flute, though.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.)
- The King of Red Lions

Just like Sydian, I got into Zelda because of Young Link in SSBM. He was my favorite character. :)
I've been playing OoT:3D a lot lately, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
It did seem very secret society ish. Something interesting that I read about the Temple of Time dungeon in TP regarding the spinner rails. It said that in the game maybe someone knew that Link would come to the Temple so that's why they were there. But the Temple looks old so they'd have to see into the future and..?! idk it seemed interesting so I decided to share. I haven't even finished the game so I don't know if anyone mentions this again, haha.

Oooh, Rng project? Now I'm curious O:

edit; Hi 8bitSilence! OOT:3d is really cool C: What game is the King of Red Lions from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back