• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What music are you currently into?

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I've been a fan of many electronic artists for quite a while now, including deadmau5, Skrillex, Knife Party, Ephixa, Kill The Noise, etc. I also kinda like hard rock/metal artists such as Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed. Even a tad bit of the heavier stuff: Asking Alexandria, We Came As Romans, etc.

Oh and I have the soundtracks to almost every video game I own on my iPod. :)

Ayselipera

I think I've been listening to Rihanna mainly for the past two weeks or so. My life is a sexually frustrating mess and it's good music for my jogs and seeing as my life is mainly jogging and sexual frustration it fits in perfectly at any time of the day hoorayayaya

TY

Atm im listening a lot to Zeds Dead & Omar LinX, Pendulum and Vexare, all of the Dubstep or DnB genre

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
Recently, I've begun to listen to a lot more pop-rock as well as music from Queen, ELO, ABBA, etc. I've also started into listening to Disney soundtracks (the best one has to be the Lion King's soundtrack :3 )

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Up until a few years ago, I was strictly video game and movie scores. Had a very brief stint of alt rock.

But recently, I've been very 60s-ish. The Beatles (lots of them. Official core catalogue, extra stuff, rare stuff, Beatlegs), Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Beach Boys, The Doors. I've been listening to the soundtrack to the first Austin Powers movie a lot too. lol

...and then Adele, at random.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
K-Pop mainly, but video game music, J-pop and J-rock on the side. K-rap is nice too but most are fused with K-pop so I just slap it under that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I love rock music, it energizes me. I also love pop and even some rap, but not the kind of rap where their is swearing in every line. Artists I love include Linkin Park, Drake, Shinedown, Journey, Queen, Aerosmith, Eminem.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I am currently into Linkin Park and Justin Bieber. Weird combination I know, but both of their CDs were released just 2 days ago. I listen to lots of different music, but mainly rock. I like the heavier bands like Bullet For My Valentine and then I also like the alternative stuff like New Medicine and Evans Blue. I even like the rap/rock bands like Linkin Park and I recently came across an awesome band called A Broken Silence that is very similar to them. I usually don't listen to the same thing for long because I get bored of it after listening to it on repeat for hours on end.

Skillah

Pokemon Fan since 2001.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
I've been listening to what I always listen to.
The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and others.

Years
I listen to mostly metal and some punk or alternative rock. Lately i've been listening to Satyricon, CKY, Bouncing souls, Children of bodom, Made of hate, Sonata Arctica, Megadeth, and Motorhead.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
i have different music for different moods

rpg gaming-techno-Daft Punk,Deadmau5,Dj Sasha,Infected Mushroom,etc
shooter gaming-metal-Black Sabbath,Marliyn Manson,Alice Cooper,Thrill Kill Kult,High on Fire,etc
other gaming-jazz and blues-thelonious monk,leadbelly,Coltrane,etc.

just day to day-all of the above + grunge(nirvana,the melvins,soundgarden,etc)
hip hop(run dmc,nas,notorious b.i.g,afrika bambaata,etc.),
classic(gutenburg,mozart,ludwig van,etc.)
and last but actually mostly.....psychedelic/progressive/avant garde-Pink Floyd,David Bowie,13 Floor Elevators,Grateful Dead,solo Syd Barret,The Doors,Cream,Soft Machine,etc.

i absolutely love the old psychedelic era of music

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I'm a fan of electronic music. Approaching Nirvana is a great example of this. Various styles of video game music can pique my interest too. I can pretty much tolerate every other genre of music except for metal.

Sir Codin

Recently began listening to Possessed, Exhumed, Type O Negative, and Death. I also found a composer that clicks with me recently: Charles-Marie Widor. His pipe organ symphonies are amazing.

Other than that, still listening to the usual metal I posted last time.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Here in the past two weeks I've been into a lot of Nick Cave... and pretty much nothing else. Boatman's Call has been the album getting the most rotation, as it's pretty much perfect drinking music.

Also Rush's new album. That thing is brilliant beyond words. Definitely worth the five year wait!

Other than that... pretty much nothing else. Weird for me.

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
For a very long stretch of time - approximately two and a half years, if anyone is interested - I listened to literally nothing but metal. Sludge metal, death metal, and black metal were my favorites. About four or five months ago, though, I tired of listening to the music; I found most of it boring and thought the new acts to be stagnant and devoid of heart. I listen to primarily hip-hop and alternative rock now, with a little metal mixed in, though it's mostly Black Sabbath. Everyone likes Black Sabbath, though.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Currently I'm listening a lot of vocal music and jazz. Namely the Beach Boys, the Bee Gees and the Four Freshmen (vocal) and Charlie Parker, Herbie Hancock, the Vince Guaraldi Trio and many versions of songs written by George Gershwin.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
At the moment I'm into small pop-punk and rock bands.

There's one called A Rocket to the Moon who aren't relatively big but they have some really cute songs (try listening to Like We Used To from their On Your Side album, it's so cute! :3) and I really appreciate the lyricism used within almost all of their songs. The second is called Altered Sky who are a small pop-punk band who put out amazing content. I found out about them randomly through Twitter and I've been addicted to them since then.

Back