• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
Hi, I'm hacking Pokémon Emerald, and I'm trying to find the setobedience stuff (byte 0x801D402 in FireRed), does anyone know where it is in Emerald? I'm trying to make wild Mews and Deoxyses obey.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Quick question.

Me and a friend are working on a rom hack, we both just started doing this.

What we want to know is, can we take firered, delete all the maps/events/scripts everything and start fresh?

or do we have to use all the maps they give us and just delete all the events off it, resize the maps and do it that way?

Deleting all the maps/events/scripts would take a lengthy bit of time. Maps can be deleted in A-Map, but the events/scripts you'd have to search through every single offset in the game and delete them separately,one by one.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Quick question.

Me and a friend are working on a rom hack, we both just started doing this.

What we want to know is, can we take firered, delete all the maps/events/scripts everything and start fresh?

or do we have to use all the maps they give us and just delete all the events off it, resize the maps and do it that way?
Then Use Jpan's Engine and patch it to your game. But, the Maps won't be deleted you can just edit them you know... :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
I've been on these forums awhile, but never posted, hiya!

Anyway, I'm not EXACTLY sure if my question fits this thread, so apologies.
Question:
So far the only way to change what music plays at any given time in FireRed (specifically in battle) is MMX's Music Replacement hex code thing, right?

I'm trying to use it, but I've only been learning hex for about 3 weeks (because relying on tools is for noob hackers).
Here's the main routine, as you can see it's not changed from the one at sfc.pokefans.net
(just go to the lessons page, "Fancy Knowledge #3." I'm not at 15 posts yet and I don't think you would appreciate me gumming up your forum trying to reach 15 before posting this. The site is just there for reference, hopefully all the information needed is in this post)

Spoiler:

And my edited musicloader:
Spoiler:

The game loads perfectly, all music and sounds: check.
however, I have been, as of yet, unable to actually REPLACE any music.
quick example:
Spoiler:

The music values are just there for test, I forgot which is which, I actually created TWO scripts that flops them around.
I'm TRYING to replace basic battle music. What I replace it with isn't important at the moment, I'm testing this in a clean ROM before even daring to attempt it on my hack, which uses an extended music table.
I am not EXACTLY sure what the problem is, but I may have narrowed it down:
a. I'm just using the wrong music values?
b. I'm just using the setvar command wrong? (unlikely imo, setvar isn't that hard)
c. There has been some babble about variable values being the cause of most, if not all problems had with this loader, if that is the case, help me out!
d. I derped up a pointer or something. Very likely.

Whatever the problem is, please point me in the right direction for fixing it! (Or if this is the wrong thread, please point me to the right one!)
[I KNOW there is a scripting help thread, but with all this hex stuff I was unsure if that was appropriate!]

Thank you so much in advance!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Could anyone help me figure out how many colors I can have in a tileset? It would be a huge help if someone could let me know so I don't have to manually count every different color in the palette. I'm trying to make a completely custom tileset for a hack, and I need to know what my limitations are so I don't waste time making tiles that can't be used.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Could anyone help me figure out how many colors I can have in a tileset? It would be a huge help if someone could let me know so I don't have to manually count every different color in the palette. I'm trying to make a completely custom tileset for a hack, and I need to know what my limitations are so I don't waste time making tiles that can't be used.

16 colors per tileset. One is the background (transparent) color though, so that leaves 15 pretty much. But each tile can use different palletes.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
16 colors per tileset. One is the background (transparent) color though, so that leaves 15 pretty much. But each tile can use different palletes.
So does that mean that in theory I could have each tile with it's own 15/16 color palette? Or is there an absolute limitation?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I asked this earlier, but got no reply so i'm going to ask again.

How do I add more sprites to the sprite collection for trainers? For example, when I go to advanced trainer, the sprites only go up to 147, I want to add more. How would I do that? If it is possible to do so, how do I add the sprite I want?

Also can someone teach me how to add more person event sprites? I think that will eventually come in handy =P

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I asked this earlier, but got no reply so i'm going to ask again.

How do I add more sprites to the sprite collection for trainers? For example, when I go to advanced trainer, the sprites only go up to 147, I want to add more. How would I do that? If it is possible to do so, how do I add the sprite I want?

Also can someone teach me how to add more person event sprites? I think that will eventually come in handy =P

Actually, if you would take the time to scroll up a few posts, you would see that DrFuji has answered your question by linking you to a tutorial on how to do such a thing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Actually, if you would take the time to scroll up a few posts, you would see that DrFuji has answered your question by linking you to a tutorial on how to do such a thing.
I'm so sorry :( I missed that.
Thanks to him for the tutorial and thanks to you for pointing it out but now I have another question, Instead of replacing a sprite, is there a way to add more sprites? (for example, I can currently pick from 147 sprites, I would like to be able to choose from more)

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I'm so sorry :( I missed that.
Thanks to him for the tutorial and thanks to you for pointing it out but now I have another question, Instead of replacing a sprite, is there a way to add more sprites? (for example, I can currently pick from 147 sprites, I would like to be able to choose from more)

I believe if you use this it will add more over worlds, which is just another name for the sprites that are in the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Can I sableye have wonder guard? Some one told me that shiny sables have it and I couldn't find info on it

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Can I sableye have wonder guard? Some one told me that shiny sables have it and I couldn't find info on it

You can easily change Sableye's ability in several different programs to wonder guard...but no, normally it has keen eye I think.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Hey. Im interested in hacking FireRed , but it's not possible to put your ROM hack back onto the real firered cart is it? I 'd have to buy some flashcart. Also, I'm slightly concerned about legality issues.
I would like to hack to just slightly tweak stuff. Ive watched lots of advance map tutorials-The videos make it seem pretty simple, but idk. My big question:
On AdvanceMap, can you use the coded ruby and sapphire trainer sprites and music?
Because I wanted to put Maxie and Archie in the game...Also, how could I make them and the gym leaders trigger rematches without VS Seeker? I was thinking like every time you beat the elite four but surely there's something easier?
My main point is: I would like to play on my GBA, not a PC.
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
How would I create new Abilities?
Like lets take Castform's ability Forecast.
I want to make it so the pokemon would transform through only a SINGLE Whether condition and maybe boost type moves.
Is there any way to do that.
I am use a Ruby Base ROM

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
How do I delete text in A-Text so that it doesn't show up in game? All I've managed to do is delete the text from A-Text but still have it appear in game, or get a blank text-box in game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes, by using YAPE, you can make Sableye vulnerable only to Toxic (in other words, make it have Wonder Guard).
Shininess isn't factor here.

is it possible to make a Pokemon Follow you Pokemon Hack?
Jambo's working on routine, it's not possible now.

How would I create new Abilities?
Like lets take Castform's ability Forecast.
I want to make it so the pokemon would transform through only a SINGLE Whether condition and maybe boost type moves.
Is there any way to do that.
I am use a Ruby Base ROM
Check the newest tutorial in the tuorial section.

How do I delete text in A-Text so that it doesn't show up in game? All I've managed to do is delete the text from A-Text but still have it appear in game, or get a blank text-box in game.
You need to delete the offset in XSE.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What is the special for activating the national Dex in ruby?

Script To Activate National Dex In Ruby...
Insert this before/after the flag of the ordinary PokéDex (I forgot if it should be before or after).

Code:
checkflag 0x8000
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
clearflag 0x8000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back