• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
So I'm using this thread to edit the type-effectiveness chart in FR. I need more room than it has, so I'm trying to repoint it, which I have virtually no experience doing.

So I turned the offset 24F050 (the beginning of the chart) into a pointer-> 50F02408 (right?)
I then searched this pointer to replace it with my new pointer for the type chart...but it doesn't exist in the ROM...am I missing something?

If the search all thingy doesn't work for you maybe you haven't set it up as Hex Values. Try changing that, also I'll try to find the location of that pointer to ease things up.

EDIT:

There are multiple pointers so I guess you have to change all of those pointers.

1st Pointer - 0x1E944
2nd Pointer - 0x1EA84
3rd Pointer - 0x1EB58
4th Pointer - 0x1EEBC
5th Pointer - 0x1EFC0
6th Pointer - 0x1F0C0
7th Pointer - 0x23CD8
8th Pointer - 0x29F90
9th Pointer - 0x39E38

So basically there are 9 Pointers that points out to 0x24F050

Yeah Eminem rulz rom jacking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys! You know how to remove Pikachu on the top-left from the "In the world blah..blah..blah.." intro?

I tried to remove it using NSE's bookmarked offsets and managed to remove Pikachu's body and eyes but the ears are still there! Does anybody know the offset? Please help!

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I've been experimenting with decoration placing recently. So far, I've duplicated your house's normal floor tile, but gave it the behavior byte, B5 (I believe this is what Secret Bases use to allow decoration placement). The behavior actually worked, the home PC allowed me to place dolls and cushions on that tile. The problem however, is keeping the decorations visible.

For some odd reason, right after the decoration is placed, it disappears! I can walk over that spot too so it isn't simply invisible. However, the PC still recognizes it as being placed on that spot, and I can still remove it.

So, what am I doing wrong? How can I get decorations to work properly?
(On a related note, is there a way to remove the restriction on what type of decoration can be placed on your room? I'd like to be able to place anything.)

Last edited:

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Did you, by any chance, open the rom with YAPE?

If you didn't, then my guess is that the area right after you placed the moves was filled with data from maps and scripts. The game then tried to read these as moves.

Well, in fact I did open it with YAPE, too, to see if there was e difference, and no, there isn't. In YAPE, there are the same random "moves" after the 11 I set.

So I'll just search a new free Offset? Perhaps smaller than 1000 bytes? Because if, with 11 moves, there is still space for like 200 odd ones, I feel like 1000 bytes is way too much.

Anyway, thanks, for the answer

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I've been experimenting with decoration placing recently. So far, I've duplicated your house's normal floor tile, but gave it the behavior byte, B5 (I believe this is what Secret Bases use to allow decoration placement). The behavior actually worked, the home PC allowed me to place dolls and cushions on that tile. The problem however, is keeping the decorations visible.

For some odd reason, right after the decoration is placed, it disappears! I can walk over that spot too so it isn't simply invisible. However, the PC still recognizes it as being placed on that spot, and I can still remove it.

So, what am I doing wrong? How can I get decorations to work properly?
(On a related note, is there a way to remove the restriction on what type of decoration can be placed on your room? I'd like to be able to place anything.)

The problem is the one I encountered in my OW editing tutorial. There is a set of 16 or so Dynamic OW's in every room that you can place decorations. These OWs "morph" or "change" into your decorations after you place them. Go into a secret base and you will notice the OWs lined up on the side of the room. Mimic them exactly and you should be in buisness.

Well, in fact I did open it with YAPE, too, to see if there was e difference, and no, there isn't. In YAPE, there are the same random "moves" after the 11 I set.

So I'll just search a new free Offset? Perhaps smaller than 1000 bytes? Because if, with 11 moves, there is still space for like 200 odd ones, I feel like 1000 bytes is way too much.

Anyway, thanks, for the answer

I just know that if you save while YAPE is open, it will move all of your moves around into one big pool.

After you repoint to some new free space (still use the 1000 bytes) goto that offset in a hex editor. Count over 22 bytes, (moves take up 2 bytes each) then you should be looking at the beginning of a ton of FFFFs. This is free space. Go over two more bytes, and then fill with random numbers for about 2 or 3 bytes. This should prevent A-map or XSE from writing in the area where your movesets are.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Umm..... Why isn't anyone answering my questions? Did I turn into a ghost without me noticing? Ooooooohhh...... Spooky.

Hey there! Another question how about this:
Pokemon-FireRedVersionUV10_zps34bdc435.png

How do I edit it? I tried 2013 in Unlz gba and it looked like that but when I edited it, it remain unchanged. I guess that number isn't right. Do you know the right offset?

Hey guys! You know how to remove Pikachu on the top-left from the "In the world blah..blah..blah.." intro?

I tried to remove it using NSE's bookmarked offsets and managed to remove Pikachu's body and eyes but the ears are still there! Does anybody know the offset? Please help!

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
And how much is "two bytes"? I tried what you sad, kid, but then I seem to add two glitched moves by myself.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Then, one move takes more than 2 bytes, because starting at the offset where I inserted my moveset, there are 38 used bytes, and I set 11 moves. Well, I'll try again.

Okay, now it works. Thanks dudes.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
The problem is the one I encountered in my OW editing tutorial. There is a set of 16 or so Dynamic OW's in every room that you can place decorations. These OWs "morph" or "change" into your decorations after you place them. Go into a secret base and you will notice the OWs lined up on the side of the room. Mimic them exactly and you should be in buisness.

Makes sense, so I did exactly that. Mimicked everything, the sprite, the placement, the Person ID, the Event Number, etc. But instead of being invisible and doing their job, they show up as Brendan sprites and the problem still persists. I copied everything about them, so there must be more to it. What am I missing?

karatekid552

Years
Makes sense, so I did exactly that. Mimicked everything, the sprite, the placement, the Person ID, the Event Number, etc. But instead of being invisible and doing their job, they show up as Brendan sprites and the problem still persists. I copied everything about them, so there must be more to it. What am I missing?

The fact that they show up as brendan sprites means you are close. Make sure there aren't any map scripts that would hide them, and make sure you are using the same Hidden movement type. There are at least 3 different Hidden types. Make sure they are the right one.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Well, I made my first trainer, and I appearantly failed hard.

The battle only works when I interact directly with the trainer, but when I walk in front of him, the script activates before I even cross his lign of sight, and it gets all glitchy. the same happens when I speak to him, and defeat him.

Could it be that the first 20 or so slots in A-trainer are left free for a reason :P?

Or is a mistake in my script:
#dynamic 0x800000

'---------------
#org @start
textcolor 0x2
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 @string1 @string2
msgbox @string3 MSG_FACE '"You are good for a newbie!"
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @string1
= Hey!\nI never saw you before.\lAre you a new trainer?

#org @string2
= Blown away!

#org @string3
= You are good for a newbie!

karatekid552

Years
Well, I made my first trainer, and I appearantly failed hard.

The battle only works when I interact directly with the trainer, but when I walk in front of him, the script activates before I even cross his lign of sight, and it gets all glitchy. the same happens when I speak to him, and defeat him.

Could it be that the first 20 or so slots in A-trainer are left free for a reason :P?

Or is a mistake in my script:

When a trainer is activated by walking in front of him, think of it like this: it doesn't even read the trainerbattle command, it just assumes and skips to the next part where it reads what trainer battle to start. This is why it didn't work. Now, it doesn't happen exactly that way, but it is a good way to remember to start with the trainerbattle first. No text color command. I believe you can do text color directly in the message itself, but I always used to hack Ruby (I recently switched) so I don't know much about working with text color. But, just remove the text color line and you should be fine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2015
Hi. Is there a list anywhere of 100% completed rom hacks? I'm interesting in finding some new ones to play. If it helps, I could even provide a list of hacks I've played to make answering this easier. I tried searching several key words, but was unable to find what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
A page has passed so... Please I need your help. I'm currently stuck on my hack!

Umm..... Why isn't anyone answering my questions? Did I turn into a ghost without me noticing? Ooooooohhh...... Spooky.

Hey there! Another question how about this:
Pokemon-FireRedVersionUV10_zps34bdc435.png

How do I edit it? I tried 2013 in Unlz gba and it looked like that but when I edited it, it remain unchanged. I guess that number isn't right. Do you know the right offset?

Years
The Pikachu sprites are:

0x8462D34: The two frames for the animated ears.
0x8462E18: The two frames for the animated eyes.
0x8462B74: The base sprite of the whole body.

I have no idea about the little Poké Ball icons though, sorry.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
The Pikachu sprites are:

0x8462D34: The two frames for the animated ears.
0x8462E18: The two frames for the animated eyes.
0x8462B74: The base sprite of the whole body.

I have no idea about the little Poké Ball icons though, sorry.

Okay! Thanks! You're a great dude!

karatekid552

Years
Hi. Is there a list anywhere of 100% completed rom hacks? I'm interesting in finding some new ones to play. If it helps, I could even provide a list of hacks I've played to make answering this easier. I tried searching several key words, but was unable to find what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go into the Hacks Showcase sections of Emulation. Most of these hacks are complete or at least close enough for you to enjoy them. (I'm guessing you are not one of the beta tester types) Good luck!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys, another question. For example, I would put a Lugia event where you battle him and because of the hidesprite command, he will disappear after the battle. My question is, how do I make it respawn like after beating it, the sprite will disappear, I leave the map and go back again and he will be there again. Is there a possible way to do this? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back