• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, what'd you expect?
Anyways, keep in mind that it's still BETA, it's awesomeness has yet to be revealed! :laugh:

As usual I'm open to suggestions, you all. Expect XSE and A-Trainer updated soon as I fixed some new bugs.

Years
Just pointing out some grammar mistaeks on the first-post, HM:
i4gwft.jpg

HackMew's Tools Factory
ROM Hacking Made Easy

General Information

Hello and welcome to my Tools Factory. Here you will find all of the tools I've released so far.
Stay tuned and check this thread as often as possible for updates!

All the tools are listed here:

• are ordered alphabetically;
  • have an original source code included;
  • do not need any extra files in order to work, just the standard VB6 Runtime files unless noted otherwise;
  • are updated as frequently as possible to fix bugs and to improve them;
  • are designed for Windows XP and fully support XP/Vista visual styles;
  • support all the Advance Generation games and all languages where applicable;
  • are translated in a wide range of languages.

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: [Insert tool name here] isn't working. Any tips?
    A: First of all, make sure you extracted all of the required files. Then check if the VB6 Runtime files are installed correctly.
    If the tool still doesn't work, please be as detailed as possible when posting the problem, with any of the error messages and the tool version, etc.

• Q: I've found a bug in [tool name here]. And now?
    A: Bug reports are extremely important to me as long as they're well made. That is, specifying the tool version, the problem, error messages, and any other possible information.
    A step-by-step procedure to reproduce the bug is strongly encouraged. Only this way I can detect the problem and fix it.

• Q: I'd like to tell you few suggestions for [tool name here]. Is it okay?
    A: While I'm totally open to any improvement ideas, I still need to think and decide whether to implement your suggestion or not.
    If the idea is good, though, it's most likely to be implemented as quickly as possible.

• Q: I've found that an image/link is broken. What should I do?
    A: If an image isn't displayed correctly, or a link is broken, please let me know so that I can fix it as soon as possible.
  • Q: A download link doesn't seem broken but isn't working for me. Help?
    A: In some countries (e.g. China) such problems may arise. If so, please tell me that so that I can eventually add an extra link to solve the problem.
  • Q: I'd like to translate some of your tools for my language. Can I?
    A: Sure you can, but I would suggest you having a good English knowledge for this job.
  • Q: I see there are source codes available. Am I free to use them?
    A: Yeah, sure. Feel free to create derivate works from it, as long as you clearly give me credits of my code and make the source code of derivative programs or programs where you used parts of my code available.

Official Translators

What's Next
  • Advance Trainer - BETA released
  • Pokémon Editor Advance
  • Shinyzer
  • Title Screen Cry Changer
  • Advance Item
  • Strengther (probably included into Pokémon Editor Advance)
For further info, click here.​

Tool List

[A ID]APE[/A ID]
Advanced Palette Editor [APE]
This program is really handy when you want to change the palettes within your ROM.

Spoiler:

[A ID]A-Starter[/A ID]Advance Starter [A-Starter]
Ever wanted to change the original starters without the hassle of hex editing? Then this is the right program for you.

Spoiler:

[A ID]A-Trainer[/A ID]Advance Trainer - BETA [A-Trainer]
Trainer editing to the with power.

Spoiler:

[A ID]XSE[/A ID]eXtreme Script Editor [XSE]
A whole new scripting experience.

Spoiler:

[A ID]FSF[/A ID]Free Space Finder [FSF]
Are you scripting or replacing some images? As the name says, this one helps you to find some free (also called "blank") space in your ROM.

Spoiler:

[A ID]unLZ[/A ID]Hacked unLZ-GBA
The classic unLZ hacked by me: shrinked and better!

Spoiler:

[A ID]Overworld[/A ID]Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition
The ultimate overworld-editing tool, with many useful features.

Spoiler:

[A ID]RHEA[/A ID]
ROM Header Editor Advance [RHEA]
Give your ROMs a touch of originality by editing its header with this tool.

Spoiler:

[A ID]SMCA[/A ID]
Start Map Chooser Advance [SMCA]
Previously named SMEA, I've changed the name to avoid any confusions. Well, I've also improved it!

Spoiler:

[A ID]XSaverDS[/A ID]
XSaver DS
This it not really related to hacking, but I hope it will be useful as well.

Spoiler:

Anyway, I'd just like to say that your tools are amazing, and the new version of XSE has simple tweaks that, frankly, making it a lot easier to script. A-Trainer is elite, too. :P

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I found out what special 0x16F is. It's enabling the National Dex. You can put this in the XSE guide in the next update.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Just pointing out some grammar mistaeks on the first-post, HM:

[...]

Anyway, I'd just like to say that your tools are amazing, and the new version of XSE has simple tweaks that, frankly, making it a lot easier to script. A-Trainer is elite, too. :P

Well, thanks for pointing that out, even if I couldn't understand some of your corrections, like A-Trainer's description. Well, they were minor errors anyway: as you may have noticed, I prefer to focus on the content rather than on the grammar. Next time, avoid quoting the whole thread, thanks.

WOW~!A-Trainer comes out!!! I want to translate it right now~!!!I can't wait !!!You're so amazing, HackMew!

Remember it's just a beta for now ;)

I found out what special 0x16F is. It's enabling the National Dex. You can put this in the XSE guide in the next update.

Yeah, I knew that from ages actually XD
If you take a look at the std.rbh file you'll notice it's listed there.
Be sure I'll update the guide anyway.

cyberzero

New Hacker. Fast Learner.
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
Hey HackMew, first of all, I have to thank you a LOT for all of these tools
It really makes hacking a lot easier, and you really aren't credited enough for all of your amazing contributions!

On another note, I have a problem with XSE. The new version won't let me use the following script, saying "Too less parameters on Line 6. The correct number is 2."

I honestly have no idea what's wrong and was hoping that you could tell me what the problem was, whether it was the tool or my script itself. I've looked around and haven't found anything about this.

#dynamic 0x71A23C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @doll
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @doll
= It's a doll.

aeroshinobi

Pokémon Galaxy White Creator
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2009
You don't need boxset in 1.1.1 just put 0x6 at the end of line 5.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Hey HackMew, first of all, I have to thank you a LOT for all of these tools
It really makes hacking a lot easier, and you really aren't credited enough for all of your amazing contributions!

On another note, I have a problem with XSE. The new version won't let me use the following script, saying "Too less parameters on Line 6. The correct number is 2."

I honestly have no idea what's wrong and was hoping that you could tell me what the problem was, whether it was the tool or my script itself. I've looked around and haven't found anything about this.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4230594&postcount=312#tip

It is explain there. :)

cyberzero

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
Thanks a lot Darthatron and Aeroshinobi, it's really appreciated! =)
It worked like a charm after that, and once again, awesome tools HackMew!

I also have a suggestion for A-Trainer. For sprites, the only way at the moment to have new trainer sprites is to replace an already existing one using Unlz, as far as I know. A-Trainer recognizes this, which is great, but I was hoping that there could be an option where you can insert an offset where you already inserted a sprite, similar to Darthatron's Pokemon Editor Pro.
The tool is already the best trainer editor out there, I was just thinking of ways that it can be even better =)

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Can you take a request? Maybe you could
A.)Make it so that (in unlz. gba) when you press enter the program doesn't close
b.)Have an option to go to an offset as opposed to a number
c.)Add bookmark options
d.)Move the .spr and .pal files to unlz.gba's folder
I know you didn't make unlz.gba but you have hacked it...Maybe you could make unlzhacked.gba v2.0? IDk just a thought of some nice ideas

hot_kage

I am like a rose cute and calm
Years
I Just Have A Suggestion; For Version 1.11 Of XSE I Think The msgbox tag should have remained

Code:
msgbox @pointer 
boxset 0x#
instead of merging the msgbox and boxset;

Code:
msgbox @pointer 0x1

I Also Pointed This Out Just To clear this out to confused people if they were confused :p

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
I have a quick question, in A-trainer, I'm trying to make an emerald hack, I wanted to change some Trainer battle music. Can anyone well me what the numbers are I have to enter for all the battle themes? Please and thank you in advance. ^^

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I Just Have A Suggestion; For Version 1.11 Of XSE I Think The msgbox tag should have remained

Code:
msgbox @pointer 
boxset 0x#
instead of merging the msgbox and boxset;

Code:
msgbox @pointer 0x1
I Also Pointed This Out Just To clear this out to confused people if they were confused :p
No, the merging was a great idea. If they are confused, I suggest that they use the "Command Help" (F1) feature. Simple, right?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Well.. In my opinion it's better to keep the 'original' too..
Though, it's quicker to use the new method ;)

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
I can't get XSE to save the data into the game for some reason, I have tried to compile it. Help, please?

cyberzero

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
I also had that problem, King Mario. Despite what I did, sometimes it just wouldn't compile, and it would be wasting a lot of free space with multiple compilations. This is also an issue I would like to bring up.

My solution for it was to manually replace the offsets that XSE gave me into the script and it worked fine after that. I hope that helps the others who have been getting this problem.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
HackMew, The problems I had have a really really simple solution: it works when I turn the line numbers off. So I can use the new version now. ^^
(I'm very happy it works, cause the old version won't open anymore)

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Man, you go away for a little while and loads of stuff happens! :D

Nice job on the updates, Andrea, I'm glad you finally released A-Trainer, a fantastic piece of work!

Back