• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advance Script

Years
It refuses to compile to the rom, I'm assuming due to my syntax. I tried with normal notepad and poketscript before, but for some reason my computer hates it, so I'm looking to other script editors.

Anyway, I try to compile and I get this error:
Expecting #DYNAMIC............ERROR
Sounds like a syntax error to me. Am I right, or is it something else I'm overlooking? It won't let me load the rom anywhere, so I assume that means I don't do that until after ... ?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
You have to define a dynamic offset, to burn a script to the rom. A-Script still doesn't support static offsets, this function will be included in the next version.

For example:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
end

This would define the dynamic offset 0x800000. That means, that the compiler is starting to look for free bytes at offset 0x800000.

Years
Oh, great, thanks!

One thing though, in the next version, can the delete key be functional :/ I like deleting from both sides.

EDIT: Nevermind, doesn't work 100% correctly. The compiler works fine, but I can't actually write it to my ROM. the option is still grayed out, and compiling it really help. Is that function still not available, or am I just being dumb and doing it wrong?

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
I'm wondering what makes this different from XSE? I'd like to know before I download this.
Anyway, great job, I would never be able to make something like this.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I'm wondering what makes this different from XSE? I'd like to know before I download this.
Anyway, great job, I would never be able to make something like this.

It supports pokescript and xse syntax, has an easy script creator, written in a different language, highlighted different script areas, etc. It's different to a certain extent but sticks to the core script editing stuff which makes it nearly identical to XSE.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Wow I have never seen this before. Nice new scripting tool. ;) It looks good. Maybe I'll use it in the future. And it does look like a mix of PokeScript & eXtreme Script Editor, =]

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Looks very good. Hope to see the final version xD
Will also in Portuguese?

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
This seems like an awesome tool, downloading it right now. Hopefully there'll be a tutorial for this program soon :D

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hi, I want know advance script status. When will be a new update?

I studied the program and I have a mini tutorial published in a spanish forum. For this reason, I want know the program situation, Because the first version have some errors and it is incomplete.

thanks!

PD: The program doesn't allow compile script if advance map is open. this error will be modificated at next version?

Kazumoe

... loves PC:)
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Looks very good. Hope to see the final version xD
Will also in Portuguese?
The tool use XML language files, maybe you can make a language file for Portuguese.

But I believe that Chris is not more to it for a long time. Maybe I'm wrong:)

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Sorry, that I didn't post anything about updates or an eventually release, but I worked on Pokemon Dawn (my other project) the last time. Since this morning, I resumed working on A-Script so there'll be some updates next time. ;)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I love the interface of this thing. And the fact that it supports both of the languages I know instead of creating a new one for me to learn is also attractive. I might try it out, but even if i don't it's still sweet and awesome job.

Back