• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "I didn't pick it" Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
Alright, here's the rules:

-You can only use 1 pokemon from each interval of the game.
-Ex. of an interval: Pewter Badge to Cerulean Badge, from the last main boss to the next
-Event pokemon are excluded from this. Ex: Recieving an Eeve from the PokeBall in Celadon City, your starter

-You CANNOT catch any other pokemon! (Save shinies because of rarity factor, but don't use them unless it was one that was picked.)

-You cannot catch any HM's slaves.

-Legendaries are fine but they must be on the list of things picked out.

-Game ends when you beat the 1st Champion. Ex: Lance G/S/C/HG/SS, N B/W. You can continue to the 2nd Champion if you want, but at that point, I really don't see the point. There'd either be way too many things to post, or too few.

Seems okay enough, right? WRONG! Here's the final rule:

-You're not allowed to pick the Pokemon you use.

Eh? Weren't expecting that, were ya? This is the, well, challenging part of the challenge. You're not allowed to pick your own team. I hope that by playing this challenge you come to appreciate your pokemon even more and learn how to work with decisions you're not allowed to make. So anyway, have fun, and I hope you enjoy the challenge!

Games allowed:
-Nearly all of them? I see no reason to ban certain ones from this, save maybe Mystery Dungeon, but eh.

Enterees:
-1UpedAngel - Game: Platinum

Champions:

*None yet!*

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not participating, but I think I was half asleep when I approved this. If you're not picking your team, how are you getting them? I assume this is a "catch the first Pokemon on the route" type of thing, and in that sense, then you wouldn't be picking the team since you don't know what you're getting. But yeah, fix your rules to elaborate on that more or I'll lock this. Thanks.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
Not participating, but I think I was half asleep when I approved this. If you're not picking your team, how are you getting them? I assume this is a "catch the first Pokemon on the route" type of thing, and in that sense, then you wouldn't be picking the team since you don't know what you're getting. But yeah, fix your rules to elaborate on that more or I'll lock this. Thanks.

I see your confusion, and no, this isn't like a Nuzlocke sort of challenge. You get your team literally from posting about your progress. The death rule only applies if you WANT it to, otherwise don't do it. Anyway, in order to get pokemon for your team, you'd need to post your progress.

Truth be told, I actually made this challenge when I was half-asleep myself. >.< But I digress, if there's anything else you want me to explain, please let me know.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not understanding the "you get your Pokemon by posting your progress." You mean other players will assign them something? I'm still not getting it, honestly. :/ I'm just going to lock it for now. You can repost it whenever you can sort the rules out and have them make sense. If you're still confused, you can bring it up in CI&D and see what other people think. I'm really at a loss for this one though, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back