• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite weapons

TY

What are your favorite video game weapons? From the AK-47 in Call of Duty to swords in a game that has swords (i cant come up with one atm.. apologies :S).

Feel free to list them all :3

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
Years
scythes , especially the one in DMC, also katanas in GTAVC are always fun haha. the UMP 45. in COD is always FTW, and the leaf in SMB3 if that counts as a weapon.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I absolutely loved the SV-98 from Battlefield 3. I don't know why, but it just looks like how I always imagined sniper rifles to look.

The Ray Gun from Call of Duty's Zombies mode is a great weapon, compact and easy to use, packing some good damage, and is kind of easy to get from the box. There's also the Wunderwaffe DG-2 from the same game. What fun is it to electrocute zombies with the power of Zeus in your hands?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Liquid Metal Sword from DQ8, Fenrir from KH2, and the master sword.

TY

I adore the F2000 in Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield 3 a lot, it was overused by me a lot xD

Also i do like the Volcano sniper in Borderlands 2 cause of the burn damage it deals to enemies which is so useful <3

And last but not least i cannot live without having the Portable Ion Cannon in C&C: Renegade. It was oh so powerful against anything :o

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Gilgamesh from Devil May Cry 4 was amazing. Thruster powered steel gloves and greaves? Sign me up.

Demon's Souls has the almighty Meat Cleaver, but the other heavy weapons aren't slouches either. The Large Sword of Moonlight is a very close second, and the Blueblood Sword is also a really fantastic sword, albeit completely broken.

Nothing specific for shooters, but I love semi-automatic scoped rifles that aren't sniper rifles. Don't really know why though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Ranging from the mighty Earthguardian seeker blade to the thieving masterful use of the racoon cane.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 17, 2015
I forget the origins of this gun, but I've seen it and it is amazing.

The magnet gun. You can shoot and attache it to enemies, then attache it to a wall and have the satisfaction of watching them splat unto the surface. Or if you're feeling particularly cruel you can smash two enemies together. Or you can do any combination of sticking things together in order to get the preferred result. It's a satisfying weapon to use.

Edit: It's Real Faction Armageddon after a quick google search. So yeah.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Ah, the majority of my favourite weapons have to be from the Fire Emblem games! In fact, I'll share a list of my favourite weapons, and any other weapons that I haven't used, but, I'm quite interested in them!

Hm, first there's the Ragneel from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and it made a cameo appearance in Fire Emblem Awakening. Hooray for magical swords! Well, it's technically a sword that's been submerged in a lot of magical energy, in which I think only few are allowed to wield it. It's a pretty nice item because it allows Ike to get a really great skill and defense stat boost, in which he will always have a high percentage on hitting enemies. @_@ They changed it up in Awakening, where anyone who has a good sword level is allowed to wield it now, and I thiiink it gives a Def boost? But, it's pretty funny to wield it with characters like Olivia. :3

I always like using the Nosferatu tome in the Fire Emblem games too. Well, in the earlier games, it had a low hit percentage and a somewhat-low power rating, but, it became useful for Shamans who were a liiiittle weak on HP, so, the enemies won't be able to beat them in one or two skirmishes (ie Knoll in the Desert almost dies most of the time without it ugh). It got powered up in Fire Emblem Awakening which they really buffed up it's power and move percentage. I think. It became really broken on characters like Sorcerer!Morgan, who never, ever dies with that. ;v;

I've always had a soft spot on using the Brave weaponry from the Fire Emblem games too; like Brave Swords, Brave Axes, Brave Lances, etc. They're pretty handy to have - it allows the character to attack more than once! So, take a fast character who can attack twice in a battle already, let him have, say, a Brave Sword, and they can attack four times in a single battle! It really, really helped a lot in really tough battles, like Apothesis in Fire Emblem Awakening, and the secret levels in Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals, since every enemies' attack and defense were... amazing, so, you'd have to take them out quickly before they grouped together. @_@

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I like a lotta weapons. Swords, bows, guns, explosives, naginatas, they're all fun. But 2 (or technically 3) that I would say are my absolute favorites are:

Scythes. Scythes are so friggin' cool. Its too bad they don't appear in games much.

The other one (or 2) is the Hidden Blade/Hidden Gun combo from the Ezio trilogy in Assassin's Creed. I just really like the idea of a clandestine, wrist-mounted blade AND gun. I got Assassin's Creed Revelations for Christmas, and it's sooooooooo good, dropping all the guards again with the Hidden Gun. Requiescat in pace, motha****as! *BANG*

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Shotguns, in any game that has them. Gotta love not really having to aim :p

In Dark Souls my favorite was by far Ricard's Rapier. The one-handed strong attack was a 5-strike flurry, and each hit gained the bonus from any sort of enchantment you had placed on it. With something like Lightning Blade, Crystal Magic Weapon, or Darkmoon Blade applied to it most boss fights became loleasymode.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I love video game swords. I'm planning to buy replicas of my favorites and start a collection. :3

My most favorite is the Master Sword from the Legend of Zelda series (my favorite series). I even bought a replica of it. xD

Next comes Rebellion from the Devil May Cry series. I'm planning to buy a replica of this as well.

There's also the Keyblade (specifically the Kingdom Key) from the Kingdom Hearts series. If I can find a replica of this, I'd buy it in an instant.

Years
Dual blades. They're really fast weapons and tend to be pretty darn overpowered in each game I play.. so full support from me. Staves are also pretty great though, who doesn't love distant attacks?

Basically I prefer any weapon that attacks fast.. so that usually excludes things like hammers, axes, and so on since they tend to be slow.

Years
I'm loving the Biggoron Sword on my current playthrough of Ocarina of Time.

I used the FAMAS/UMP45 religiously in Modern Warfare 2, and I'll even go and say that I have a real sentimental attachment to Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending in World of Warcraft - I'm not sure why, but it's just there, haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I adore the HellFire SMG from the Borderlands series because every bullet ignites the enemy and the incideriary damage stacks. It's a powerhouse, even as I used a level 30 gun against level 50 enemies.

Back