• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lunatone and Co. Card Thread

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Since my old card thread was already one month old since the last post, I've decided to make this second card thread of mine. I tried someone's tutorial drawing a Pokémon on Photoshop, I decided to make it a card, and here it is:
Caramelldansen-Lunatone.png

Any comments on this card? I might make more soon!

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
The drawing is mediocre, but at least it looks like Lunatone. That Poké-BODY is pretty. . Not good as well. Why did you make it Caramelldansen? I can only hope you were joking. Other than that, the card itself looks nice, the moves are well thought-out, the retreat costs and energies are fair and it's a very good card.

Also, you can update your own thread if it's been dead for a month in threads like this (drawing and writing, to be more specific).​

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
The drawing is mediocre, but at least it looks like Lunatone. That Poké-BODY is pretty. . Not good as well. Why did you make it Caramelldansen? I can only hope you were joking. Other than that, the card itself looks nice, the moves are well thought-out, the retreat costs and energies are fair and it's a very good card.

Also, you can update your own thread if it's been dead for a month in threads like this (drawing and writing, to be more specific).​
I made the Poké-Body "Caramelldansen" because something funny has entered my mind. Also, the fonts used in that card--I researched what fonts are used in DP cards, until I landed at the PokéBeach forums where the fonts used are revealed.

EDIT: The Pokédex text is from Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
If you don't mind my asking: What ARE the fonts used?​
Pokédex text: Sanvito Pro [Faux Italic in Adobe Photoshop]
Pokédex classification: Frutiger (Bold)
Name: Gill Sans Bold
LV.[insert number from 1-99 here]:Futura LT Extra Bold
HP[insert number from 1-200 here]: Futura LT Medium
Effect text: Gill Sans Regular or Roman
Weakness (+10 to 40), Resistance (-20): Futura LT Medium
Illus: Futura LT Medium Italic

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
The only thing I dislike about that card is the colorless energy for the Acme Dive. (And I hope you're going to make the Hardy Har Har's Stadium. XD That'd be funny). As for the colorless energy, I really don't know why I don't like that, it just seems like there shouldn't be a colorless energy there. *shrug*

Now for the pluses, I really like the picture, the card is fairly distributed, and everything is correctly done. Good job. ^^​

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Really, as good as they get with current resources. I'll look forward to seeing what you're capable of when my new and far more accurate tutorial and resources set comes out! But it's great to see someone using the correct font families considering they've not been widely published, very impressive.

In terms of the specifics of the card, it's all perfectly fine and I like the cool art style. You need to reverse the clauses though, so that the effect of the heads flip comes first, tails last. Keep it up!

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
The only thing I dislike about that card is the colorless energy for the Acme Dive. (And I hope you're going to make the Hardy Har Har's Stadium. XD That'd be funny). As for the colorless energy, I really don't know why I don't like that, it just seems like there shouldn't be a colorless energy there. *shrug*

Now for the pluses, I really like the picture, the card is fairly distributed, and everything is correctly done. Good job. ^^​
The Colorless energy is there because: what will happen if you attached 3 Energies aside from Water to Gorebyss, and someone discards Hardy Har Har's Stadium?

Potter65

Shaymin Luver
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
The Lunatone's picture is suckish, but I Love the Gorebess's Picture!

Back