• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#18 - Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #18 - Scratch
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated
Theme: Plumber's Pledge
This week's task is in honour of Nintendo's infamous character 'Mario.' You must completely scratch a character from the Mario series which can be found in the list below (courtesy of Super Mario Wiki). There's a lot of characters to choose from, and you have a lot of freedom with the palette, poses and whatnot, but keep in mind that you have a strict 150x150 dimension. This should be in a form of a sprite, but a background is not necessary but is allowed.

Please specifiy what character you have chosen and what game it is from. You can also provide a link which is appreciated. Keep in mind the restrictions.
Personally, I would stick away from unknown characters.

List:
Characters List

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• Characters not from the list
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 150x150
  • Palette Requirements: Infinite
  • Transparency: Optional
  • Animation: None
  • Other: Scratch only
Good luck! Any questions please contact me through VM or PM.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I only used 55 x 55 of the 150 x 150 canvas size. I just can't do large sprites very well. XP I hope you don't mind. Anyway, here's my entry. :)
toad_sprite_by_superjub-d4syq8c.png

Years
Thanks for your contribution, Retribution. And I await yours, Icey. No deadline until further notice regardless of the start of the thread.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hehe, I've so lost. XD That looks really good Lemons, and I really should have spent more time on my submission. XP Anyway, good luck to you when you finish it, and anyone who enters. :)

Years
I hope to see that done, Icey. Also you may add another entry if you wish. I'm still wondering if I should make this a new rule, also you can edit and make some fixes to your current entries until the deadline.

That being said:
Deadline: Saturday, March 31st 12:00 AM

Last edited:
Years
Hehe, I've so lost. XD That looks really good Lemons, and I really should have spent more time on my submission. XP Anyway, good luck to you when you finish it, and anyone who enters. :)

Well, you never know; with the new extra entry rule anywho. And thank you. Maybe more people might.

I hope to see that done, Icey. Also you may add another entry if you wish. I'm still wondering if I should make this a new rule, also you can edit and make some fixes to your current entries as the deadline has not ended.

That being said:
Deadline: Saturday, March 31st 12:00 AM

Good thing I've finished. :D

Here. We. Go. One colorful Dino Piranha.

DinoPiranha.png

Some of the shading looks odd, but I can live with that. I'm still in training. :p

And he's from Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Character - Valentina (Boss)
From - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

valentina.png

Why must Mario interrupt Valentina while she is just trying to enjoy a stiff margarita after a long day of ordering her minions to terrorize the sky world?!?!​

Years

And the winners are...

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - NovaStar
2C5go.png

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - -ty-
valentina.png

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - IceyPinkLemons
DinoPiranha.png

Congratulations. Good luck next week!