• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
I ALWAYS chose Treecko. After the anime, there was no question on which one I wanted. In Fire Red, it was squirtle. TBH, I'm not a big fan of dual type pokemon.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Definitely Treecko. Ash's Grovyle had me hooked on it when I saw how cool he was in the anime.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Mudkip and Charmander for me!
On a later replay I started with Torchic and it was good, but I still somehow prefer Mudkip.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
RS= Torchic.

E= Realized mistake, chose Mudkip.

FRLG= Charmander, file got corrupted, Squirtle after then.

Years
Mudkip in Ruby AND Emerald once it came out; just prefer it over the other two- The Treecko line really didn't learn great moves on its own :/
In LeafGreen, I like Bulbasaur the most, and picked it in my first playthrough, but I circulate through the three of them because they're all pretty great, haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
In Ruby i chose Mudkip, cause i really loved it when these games came out, but in Emerald, i chose Treecko, because i realised that Treecko was stronger !

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
I chose Torchic and Charmander. FIRE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it this way: How rare are water types? You can just Surf or use a fishing rod. Grass trpes are easily found in tall grass, but fire types are few.

Also, fire types are great in battle. They have high attack, special attack, and speed stats, with generally good defense and special defense. They learn alot of powerful moves

Callisto

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald : Mudkip
Fire Red & Leaf Green: Squirtle
Yeah actually I love water-type pokemons :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
I've used all of them, but the ones I enjoy playing with most are:
FR/LG: Charmander
R/S/E: Mudkip
I mean, who doesn't liek Mudkipz? :3

Years
On RSE, I chose Mudkip because it was all adorable and I just thought he was cool. And considering how powerful his final form it, it was a good choice.

For FR/LG I chose Charmander because... IT IS CHARMANDERRRRRRR!​

Pieman50

Pokemon Maniac
Years
I got a Mudkip in R/S/E.

Basically.. when Mudkip evolves, he only gets one weakness. Unfortunately, he's quad-weak to it, but it's like a tougher Quagsire. I love it :)

In FR/LG, I've chose Bulbasaur because he's almost like a wall of defense, and not bad with special attacks either.

Back