• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon Type Announced! Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
So there has been alot of chatter about new types that pokemon should make in new Pokemon games. What new type do you guys think there should be?

Last edited:

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Well, I have no idea if its confirmed hence the "apparently" but I heard it from a friend that there might be a new type and a 6th generation. And APPARENTLY Mew is going to be the new type.

this is the supposed source http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8321928/1/

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
you didn't say "Apparently"

but I would like to see an actual "Light" type in 6th gen, instead of a psychic type always taking the place of it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd also like to see a light type myself if it were possible, can imagine it being super effective against ghost and dark while being weak to poison and steel tbh. Besides from that I can't think of much else atm.

Years
The thread title would suggest that a new typing has been officially announced, thus a source would/should be presented. The only new types that I have heard of do not pertain to the games but the TCG: the introduction of the official dragon type.

However, if this is strictly speculation and you mis-titled your thread, I would say a light type has been long due. Seeing as we've had dark for quite some time it only seems right for its counterpart to be present.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The thread title would suggest that a new typing has been officially announced, thus a source would/should be presented. The only new types that I have heard of do not pertain to the games but the TCG: the introduction of the official dragon type.

However, if this is strictly speculation and you mis-titled your thread, I would say a light type has been long due. Seeing as we've had dark for quite some time it only seems right for its counterpart to be present.
The source in question was presented in the second post. And the source as is, is hardly reliable as it is a DBZ forum... And no info that would officially say we have a new type. Not to mention the original post was made in 2011.

To everyone this is not confirmed, there is no announcement, therefore as of now no new type or 6th generation info.

Years
The source in question was presented in the second post. And the source as is, is hardly reliable as it is a DBZ forum... And no info that would officially say we have a new type. Not to mention the original post was made in 2011.

To everyone this is not confirmed, there is no announcement, therefore as of now no new type or 6th generation info.
I would hardly count that as a source, as you have already stated. It's more or less a speculation thread, making the thread title deceiving.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That thread was made around the same time that we were speculating New types for B2W2 here, which majority of the people dismissed but kept posting in cause its fun thinking of new types.

Generation 6 COULD have a new type, but as of now we are still in Gen 5 and are no where close to being able to verify anything we see about new Generations.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Source is from an outdated speculation that has already been revealed to be B2W2. Its still too early for 6th Generation Speculations, even if it weren't this thread belongs in general.

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back