• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The steps at the top don't really fit the rest and it is a bit unoriginall to use those two houses in my opinion, even using two other house from d/p/p would be better than those I think. Your person sprite is good and so are the weather effects. I don't like how purple it is at all though, all of the above is my opinion if it wasn't that, as, in my opinion, it ruins it.

Here's the title screen for my new Pokemon game I'm making:
PokemonXENOTIMElogoanimation.gif

Comments?

Last edited:

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Thanks for the advice Peeky Chew.
The purple was only because this picture was made in the evening.
The stairs... hm... good point. I'll edit 'em.

And... would you think custom houses would fit better?
Now, about your logo.

I think it's great, but if I were you I would move the letters 'Xenotime' a bit more up and make the animation that shows the black shadow around it also back to normal. Do you understand? (Sorry for bad English, coudn't find any other words to subscribe this.)

Thanks for your advice though.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Thanks for the advice Peeky Chew.
The purple was only because this picture was made in the evening.
The stairs... hm... good point. I'll edit 'em.

And... would you think custom houses would fit better?
Now, about your logo.

I think it's great, but if I were you I would move the letters 'Xenotime' a bit more up and make the animation that shows the black shadow around it also back to normal. Do you understand? (Sorry for bad English, coudn't find any other words to subscribe this.)

Thanks for your advice though.
Custom houses would probably fit a bit better, as those two houses are over used and the other d/p house are designed for that weird 2d/3d in D/P and don't fit as well in 2d. Maybe you should try to make the evening look a little more natural, like real life. After all, the evening isn't usually purple in real life xD

And do you mean just completely remove the anmation?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Custom houses would probably fit a bit better, as those two houses are over used and the other d/p house are designed for that weird 2d/3d in D/P and don't fit as well in 2d. Maybe you should try to make the evening look a little more natural, like real life. After all, the evening isn't usually purple in real life xD

And do you mean just completely remove the anmation?
No, I think he means move the animated word, Xenotime up closer to the word Pokemon.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
If you ask me, it's way too grey. But.. you pixeled that house yourself? Cuz that part might be pretty good ;)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
What would make it even neater is to take a page from Sin City (no pun intended) - but like grey with then maybe a strong red or other color for effect.
Now that's a fan game I would play.
(Check out madworld for the wii to see the effect I'm talking about used in a game).

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
What would make it even neater is to take a page from Sin City (no pun intended) - but like grey with then maybe a strong red or other color for effect.
Now that's a fan game I would play.
(Check out madworld for the wii to see the effect I'm talking about used in a game).

That would be an interesting parallel to draw for a Pokemon fan game, Neo. lol

On the mapping itself, I think it's a little too uniform for a rural area, but since it is an inhabited place you don't have to be too random.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Try changing the background colour; it's hard to make out the text against a similarly-coloured background.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I know this isn't exactly a screenshot, but meh :P

My version of an anime-based Pallet Town:
newpallettown.png

Tell me what you think :D

Also no stealing. :(
If you do, I will hunt you down and do things to you, so horrible, not even devil
could've come up with it >:D

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
That's impressive! I really like the tiles, but all together the mapping looks great, and reminds me of the good old anime days. The Oak's Lab looks real too. :)

Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back