• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultima Cup OOC (T)

Years
I've got a new RP for you guys, hope you enjoy!

The Story
Spoiler:

Your Character
Spoiler:

The Ultima Cup
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
Spoiler:

Current Players
Spoiler:

If you have any queries please post them here or send me a PM/VM

7 Spots Total
0 Spots Available
1 Reserved
6 Taken

Note: Reserved spots that have not been recently reserved need to complete their SU's shortly or I'll be un-reserving your spots (Not to say you can't still sign up if there is room though)

Last edited:
Years
Well here is my SU, I'm hoping some of you follow suit soon :D

Name: Tobias Hale

Appearance: Tobias is a bit over 6ft tall and has a fairly average build. He has shaggy yet neat black hair that falls over his ears and sits at his neck in the back. He has dark blue eyes and white skin. For this tournament he is wearing light blue jeans and a white button-up shirt. He wear a black, unzipped jacket with a grey collar over this and is often seen wearing rectangular sunglasses (the one with no bottom frame). He carries a dark green back pack with him and wears a tan coloured belt around his waist that carries his pokeballs.

Personality: His personality is a bit hard to describe. He is a generally fun loving person but often surprises people with his in-depth knowledge of most subjects and with his skill in a battle. Despite being a light-hearted, albeit sarcastic, joker he also has a serious side which often surfaces when he battles. Tobias is almost always polite and friendly but it not wise to get on his bad side.

History: Tobias was born in the Kanto region but his family moved to Unova's Nimbasa City soon after. In Nimbasa Tobias' father developed drinking and gambling problems and became involved in organised crime, falling into debt and causing pain and suffering to Tobias, his mother and his younger sister who was born shortly after the move. A few years prior to the competition his family were attacked by crime syndicate debt-collectors causing his mother and sister to return to Kanto whilst he himself moved to Hoenn and lives on Route 115 in a secret base, he has been living there ever since and has participated in the Hoenn league. Recently he received contact from his estranged father asking for money to repay his debts, despite wishing to travel to other regions and compete in leagues he has put this on hold to enter the Ultima Cup and win the money required to pay of his fathers debt.

Current Team:
059.gif

Arcanine (Male, Intimidate) - Extreme Speed, Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Close Combat
282.gif

Gardevoir (Female, Synchronise) - Psychic, Charge Beam, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball
306.gif

Aggron (Male, Rock Head) - Head Smash, Iron Head, Brick Break, Thunder Punch
350.gif

Milotic (Female, Marvel Scale) - Surf, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Toxic
430.gif

Honchkrow (Male, Insomnia) - Calm Mind, Arial Ace, Dark Pulse, Heat Wave
445.gif

Garchomp (Female, Sand Veil) - Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sand Attack

Relevant Info: Despite his friendly personality Tobias prefers to stay out of large cities due to his experiences in Nimbasa. He does however work for Devon Corp in Rustborough. Aggron was his starter (as an Aron).

Last edited:
Years
I like the sound of your character :)
He actually sounds like a lot of real people I have met which is very cool if you ask me. I can't wait to see how he play out as part of the story line. I'm also curious (no pun intended) to see why you chose a smaller lesser evolved team despite all the leeway you have team-wise.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
I will join!!! :D haha I know you already knew but i like to state hehe

will post my SU soon after the dreaded exam :P :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
heres my su! im not the greatest at coming up with teams, i usually put aesthetics before practicality lol. so if my pokemons moves seem a little out of place or underwhelming, you know why. :p

Spoiler:

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
finished! :P

hope this ok :D

Name: Rachel Hurst

Appearance:
Grey converse that have seen better days cover petit feet, leading up to charcoal grey jeans which are held in place with a whipped cord belt around a thin waist. She wears a simple white t-shirt, which she covers with a bright green, cropped hoodie which is usually half way done up. Then there is her neck. Here wrapped around her throat many a time, criss-crossing, is a sky blue ribbon which holds a small silver bell, which jingles when she breathes and walks, it's gentle tone announcing her arrival, it's pitch no more than a whisper of wind. Atop her neck is set an oval face, where a pair of small lips, greet in a wistful smile in gentle shades of pastel pink. The oval face is framed by wild, unkempt, auburn hair. Its curls as difficult to tame as rampaging Tauros. Lastly and the most striking of the girls appearance are her eyes, framed with cream skin. They are green, deep in colour, with shaped like almonds. Spikes of electric blue running through the iris, yet strangely faded by a milky film, making them distant jewels beneath a swirling mist. She smiles, the sensation warming her cheeks, yet is deprived the chance to see her own joy. But she feels it, more so than most, as she blind eyes stare softly out into the world.

Personality:
Rachel can be seen as a hard girl at times, closed off to the world and it's people after years of being looked down upon as something different to the norm. People often try and pity her, give her charity due to her condition, seeing this as a kindness which this red headed girl should simply accept with good grace, but if she were to do that then she wouldn't be a Hurst's girl.
She closes off the kind acts of charity from others, viewing these acts as a way of pitying her for her lack of sight, seeing it as a weakness. She holds a very different view. Though she cannot see, her hearing, touch, taste and smell is heightened, her hearing the most developed of the remaining 4 senses she controls, and in away believe that's even if she can't see, she lives more than those who can.

Quick tempered and quick witted, she is never one to turn down a battle and is not the type of person seen retreating from a losing fight, unless her pokemon are put at risk. Yet though this wild fire, rage and coldness seems to be all the girl is, there is another side. One that not many people see unless they take the time to look after the jaded exterior.

Rachel moves quietly, barely making a noise 'cept for her bell, as a sensation of serenity pools around the quiet girl's presence. Quiet and wise beyond years when it comes to certain subjects, she this ability to calm those around her is used to help on her home ranch with her 4 other brothers and sisters.

This peculiar talent revolved around the fact she can "sense" feelings within pokemon and people a like. Though of course she cannot talk to pokemon like she does humans, she can calm them and soothe their worries with gentle tones and songs taught to her by her grandmother. This serene side of her is rarely see by others, preferring to work alone when a Pokémon is in distress, but the end result is always the same, no matter how enrage or frightened the Pokémon is, it ends with the girl's hand resting lightly on the Pokémon's forehead as she sings to it quietly, hushing the world around them into a lullaby.

She has many admirers for her talents and has many friends, all of whom enjoy her happy conversation and bubbly manners, just so long as you do not look down on her.

History:
Rachel was born without sight in her home and from that point on she led what would seem a normal life to an extent, under her father's ever watching gaze, though even her parents at times doubted her ability to handle work on the ranch she soon proved them wrong at the age of five.

She had often been left in the company of her Grandmother, a women with yellow skin tough as hide and sparkling wit which would always make the young girl smile and giggle. As the young girl grew, the grandmother saw in her, what many failed to spot. A talent towards Pokémon and people, the girl often sensing her grandmother's mood without the woman speaking, and so she decided to develop this side of the child, teaching her old techniques in "whispering" which often revolved around old hymes belonging to the hills.

As the years went by Rachel learned, singing and listening. Lapping up all her grandmother knew until a day on a summer's eve when she proved her worth and abilities to her family. The Tauros herd her family kept had been spooked one night and stampeded towards the house where her younger brother had been playing with his toys, the enraged pokemon blinded to the young boy no more than 2 years old, who was sat in their path.

Her mother and father had shouted in fear but could nothing bar watch their son's pending doom, in amongst the hundreds of thundering hooves. For they were too far away to get there in time, despite their sprinting.

But then, wide eyed, they watched as their daughter appeared, wild red hair springing out at odd angles, and coming up to be no harmer than her father's thigh. The girl stood quietly, facing the herd with un seeing eyes as the Pokémon raced towards her and her sidling. Then something happened, she opened her mouth with a smile than began to sing, soothing silk strands of voice entwining in the air around her. The herd slowed, then stooped and when the dust cleared Rachel's parents stood staring at their daughter whose small hand lay on the forehead of the leading bull, whose head was dipped to reach her touch. A grin set across her small face.

Ever since then Rachel has been used on the ranch to help work with the Pokémon, and over the years gathered her team. Pichu was given to her by her grandmother as her first Pokémon, Ponyta was given to her when she 9 to help her travel.

Her horsea soon grew to seadra when she was 12 and so on.

Now, 16 and ready to leave the nest, she has set her eyes on the Ultima cup in a dream to prove the world wrong.

Current Team as of entry:
Raichu (Fleck) :male : static
- Iron Tail
- Thunder
- Giga Impact
-Thunder Punch

Rapidash (Niro): male : Flame Body
- Fire Blizt
- Thrash
- Hyposis
- Drill run

Espeon (Fase): Female: instint
- quick attack
- confusion
- physic
- Bite

Umbreon (Atwua): Male : Dodge
- Bite
-hyper beam
-moon light
- confuse ray

Seadra (Mara): Female : Sniper
-smoke screen
-hydro pump
- Dragon pulse
-razor wind

NidoKing(Rex): Male : Poison Point
- Trash
-hyper beam
- Iron Tail
-sucker punch​

-brooke

not gonna raichu a love song
Years
May I reserve a spot? :3
My SU will be done today, I just need to do some housework before I start to write it out.

Back