• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strategies

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I was just thinking to myself about move strategies in double battles, and wanted to hear what you guys thought about it?

For me I liked using my hitmontop and arcanine, which had flash fire hitmontop uses fire punch on arcanine to boost its fire type moves and since arcanine is slower than hitmontop but still significantly fast, it means I can strike a powerful flamethrower attack on foes. I know that's a simple strategie but I do have other such as holding a ring target then using trick on a ghost type pokemon allowing the use of fighting type moves as the ghost pokemon is now holding the ring target. this is good for a gallade.

So what about you guys then? What strategies do you use to win battles?

Years
I usually put a lot of type balance, and if there's a glaring weakness on the foe's team I tend to take advantage of it with the right moves.

Also, I sometimes mix my team up with both sweepers and bulky defenders. I also like to try and abuse any held items or abilities' effects if I can.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Weavile Beat Up on Terrakion.

Rock Slide.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
das is basically the fire-type counterpart of nica's cradi/ludi strategy, jeez :P

but ive recently implemented heavy weather usage on an ou team of mine on showdown, which i can say sweeps pretty easily, especially my jolteon under rain, which either OHKO or 2HKOs

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
I perfer Arcanine and Lucario I use the same flash fire tactic and use lucario's heal pulse to restore health while Arcanine is holding leftovers and lucario is holding the expert belt

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
One of my most notable strategies was to set up the weather, and start attacking from there. I had Tyranitar, Excadrill and a flying-type or a Pokemon with levitate or telepathy. I put Tyranitar up front to set up a sandstorm, and abused Excadrill's Sand Rush Ability to get a fast KO on the opposing team with Earthquake (Or Rock Slide). If that happens, I switch Tyranitar out for a flying type just to avoid the earthquake, or if I think there might be a fighting or a ground move coming from the opposing team. This sort of strategy worked really well in the B/W cartridge versions.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
Part of my strategy is inflicting status conditions such as burning and crippling a physical attacker or paralyzing a speedy guy. I also love speed (of my own), priority moves, and life orb =)

Also, i find entry hazards helpful sometimes.

Back