• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Oh well. I guess I'll go with Fire Blast then. Saves a lot of complications, too.

If you have the poke. In join avenue you can train it to level 100. In the training dojos in there you can level up a pokemon up to 10 levels per day per dojo at the cost of 90k poke per day per dojo.

Last edited:
Years
Having a Water Pokemon with you helps against Clay. The best ones available at this point of the game are Psyduck, Huge Power Azumarill (obtained as Azurill in Flocessy Ranch) and Ducklett.
I am using ducklett but because it is part flying his Excadrill sweeps me. Same with pignite except he is fire. So should I just level some more or what?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
If you're using Ducklett you'll need to evolve it by reaching level 35. Swanna is faster than Excadrill and with a more powerful super-effective Water-type STAB you should have a better chance to faint it. Otherwise I'd select a Fighting, Ground or pure Water type that isn't weak to Excadrill's moves. Even Drilbur has a fairly good chance to beat it.

Years
Yeah I tried using my excadrill and he 1 hit KO'd it as well. I guess I will just murder audinos for a while and try again.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
IV breeding is FAR better than just capturing stuff and selecting the one with the right nature. That's because chances are the stuff you capture has crappy IVs anyway. If you can't RNG and don't want to trade, IV breed. But the answer is generally yes.

Years
So i just bred a Timid Deino just a few days ago(It's now a Hydreigon), I was thinking of a powerhouse with decent speed, since it lacks power due to its nature what's a good item for him? Choice Specs or Life Orb?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
So i just bred a Timid Deino just a few days ago(It's now a Hydreigon), I was thinking of a powerhouse with decent speed, since it lacks power due to its nature what's a good item for him? Choice Specs or Life Orb?

Actually both items are good for Hydreigon!
While Choice Specs locks to one move until you switch it out.
On the other hand, Life Orb has recoil and you might want to make it learn Roost by a move tutor in Humilau.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Is your Hydregion a special attacker or a mixed attacker? If special, then I would recommend Choice Specs. Choice Specs raises your Special Attack stat by fifty-percent, which is a lot. If it's a mixed attacker, then Life Orb would be the best option. This item is able to power-up all of your moves, not just the special ones. Another item that you could give to your Hydregion is Expert Belt. This would increase your attack's damage by twenty-percent if your opponent is super-effective to it. Plus, it has no bad side effects at all!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

On the other hand, Life Orb has recoil and you might want to make it learn Roost by a move tutor in Humilau.

Is your Hydregion a special attacker or a mixed attacker? If special, then I would recommend Choice Specs. Choice Specs raises your Special Attack stat by fifty-percent, which is a lot. If it's a mixed attacker, then Life Orb would be the best option. This item is able to power-up all of your moves, not just the special ones. Another item that you could give to your Hydregion is Expert Belt. This would increase your attack's damage by twenty-percent if your opponent is super-effective to it. Plus, it has no bad side effects at all!
Generally, Modest is the preferred nature on Hydreigon because 98 Speed, while good, isn't really the best. Also, a Timid nature makes a mixed set moot, so you're better off with a Sub + 3 attacks/Sub + 2 attacks + Roost set or a Choice Specs set. For Sub, use Leftovers if running 3 attacks or Life Orb if running 2 attacks and Roost.

Years

Generally, Modest is the preferred nature on Hydreigon because 98 Speed, while good, isn't really the best. Also, a Timid nature makes a mixed set moot, so you're better off with a Sub + 3 attacks/Sub + 2 attacks + Roost set or a Choice Specs set. For Sub, use Leftovers if running 3 attacks or Life Orb if running 2 attacks and Roost.

My Hydreigon is a special attacker and it is specially defensive(got a good IV in SpDef), thanks for the suggestions!

Years
I need and ice type move for the dragon gym cause I don't have a dragon type or any poke with an ice move. I am gonna get ice beam eventually but I cant get it soon enough.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I need and ice type move for the dragon gym cause I don't have a dragon type or any poke with an ice move. I am gonna get ice beam eventually but I cant get it soon enough.

Go for Blizzard. It's your only alternative for an Ice move at this point of the game; you don't even get the Ice Beam TM till you get to the Giant Chasm. If you have any Pokemon with you that can learn Ice Punch, pay 10 Red Shards to the move tutor in Driftveil City. If all else fails, go catch your own Axew in Mistralton Cave.

Years
Okay. I was thinking about getting an axew and then just spreading a few dark type moves throughout my team to compensate for not getting absol.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I want to make a Ludicolo, but can't decide on a attacking Swift Swim, or a Defensive Rain Dish Ludicolo. It would be for Battle Tower, PWT, or online battles. They both look pretty easy to make, just need to pick one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I want to make a Ludicolo, but can't decide on a attacking Swift Swim, or a Defensive Rain Dish Ludicolo. It would be for Battle Tower, PWT, or online battles. They both look pretty easy to make, just need to pick one.

Both are equally good, but I'd suggest a Swift Swim Ludicolo because rain helps compensate for Ludicolo's average Special Attack:
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam/Focus Blast
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Damp Rock/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Both of these are great sets. I've used both of them myself, and they're very fun to use. (: Anyway, do you already have a sweeper on your team? If you do, then I think you should probably go with the Rain Dish moveset. With Rain Dish, you'll be able to stall your opponent for an extremely long amount of time. And if you don't have a sweeper, then you should go with its Swift Swim set. Swift Swim doubles its speed, and after only a Swords Dance, it would be able to take out nearly all of your opponent's Pokémon single-handedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back