• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{EMERALD}Need help with a team

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
I am on pokemon emerald, and am at the Psychic gym. On the trainer battle the Claydol (Earthquake) rapes everything except my gyrrados, and the Xatu just acts as the clean up crew.
The trainers that i am going up against are lvl 39-41, that may be my problem.
MY CURRENT TEAM

Blaziken lvl 36. Blaze Kick, Bulk Up, double Kick, Fire Blast. Bold
Vibrava lvl 37. Crunch, Sand Attack, Dragonbreath, sand toumb. Impish
Manetric lvl 39. Bite, Thunder Wave, Spark, shock wave. Brave
Swellow lvl 34. Fly, Wing attack, aerial ace, qiuck attack. Adamant
Gyarados lvl 39. Surf, twister, Bite, Dragon Rage. Timid :(
Lairon lvl 33. Iron tail, Rock Tomb, Roar, Headbutt. Careful

I have caught new Pokemon which may be better here they are

Wobuffet lvl 28. Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond lonley
Shuppet lvl 30. Screech, Night Shade, Curse, Spite. Careful
Absol 26. Quick attack, Razor Wind, Bite, Swords dance. Naive
SnoRunt 33. Crunch, Icy Wind, Headbutt, Protect .Bold
Walimer 25.Water Gun, Rollout, WhirlPool, Astonish .Docile

I need help bad, i was thinking a tropius would destroy that claydol. He just nom nom noms up everything i throw at it except the gyarados.

Thanks in advance I know its a long one.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Good, u got a Snorunt. I suggest adding it in the team and train it until it evolves. Glalie has levitation, which could be useful when battling that annoying Claydol. If you can, save up some money to buy the TM Blizzard. Absol may also be useful when battling most of the twins pokemon. Try to make it learn Crunch and Night Shade, keep Swords Dance cause that move can be fatal for your foes. As for that Solrock, try to teach Gyarados Hydro Pump (Also bought). If you have the time, try training Wailmer for a while, its evolution is invincible against advantages. Save the Manetric for the Xatu. You could do it the hard way by evolving a Ralts to Gardevior then teaching it Thunderbolt and other weaknesses (Not Recommended)

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
Good, u got a Snorunt. I suggest adding it in the team and train it until it evolves. Glalie has levitation, which could be useful when battling that annoying Claydol. If you can, save up some money to buy the TM Blizzard. Absol may also be useful when battling most of the twins pokemon. Try to make it learn Crunch and Night Shade, keep Swords Dance cause that move can be fatal for your foes. As for that Solrock, try to teach Gyarados Hydro Pump (Also bought). If you have the time, try training Wailmer for a while, its evolution is invincible against advantages. Save the Manetric for the Xatu. You could do it the hard way by evolving a Ralts to Gardevior then teaching it Thunderbolt and other weaknesses (Not Recommended)

anywhere you would recommend to train these?

And would training a tropius help much?

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Training Tropius wouldnt help much, especially with that Solrock in. However, he could be useful in future gyms. The pokemon that i recommend are Snorunt (To destroy that Xatu and Lunatone) and Absol (Basically all the Pyschics weakness). Teach that Gyarados Hydro Pump if u got the money to buy the TM. Mantric could be useful incase Snorunt/Glalie dies.
-Gyarados
-Manetric
-Absol
-Glalie (or Snorunt if u couldnt evolve it)
-Any
-Any

Cinto

"...AAARGH."
Years
You've got it kinda tough, seeing as your starter is half Fighting. When I went against this gym first, took me a long time too. :P Done it about 6 or 7 more times since then in Sapphire 'cause of boredom...anyway.

The Snorunt is a good idea, evolve it, teach Crunch and Ice Beam or Blizzard. I prefer Ice Beam because it hits more steadily and can be used more.

Absol is one of my personal favorites, solid attack, not bad movepool with TM/HMs, but it may take too long to get it up to a respectable level. And if I remember right, those two pull off the Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo, right? You might wanna teach someone Rain Dance to cancel that and also to dampen Solrock's fire moves.

Replace Gyarados' Surf with Waterfall, it works lots better with the physical damage. Gyarados' special attack is awful.

Y' might wanna switch these moves...
-Blaziken's Bulk Up. It helps for long battles, but you lose a turn. And two turns of Psychic is probably all it'll take for a KO.
-Vibrava's Sand Tomb and Sand-Attack. To be blunt, they're useless...
-Lairon's Roar. It won't really help, seeing as the next Pokemon out will also get in a free hit... Might wanna change Rock Tomb as well. It doesn't really do anything damage-wise, especially against Solrock and Lunatone and isn't the most accurate, if I remember correctly.

Wailord is good, but it needs 20 more levels. It'll take a long time.

A tip is to go around beating up trainers for cash (that sounded wrong -_-), then buy as many Revives and Hyper Potions as possible. Just kinda...stall, if things start looking bad.

Back