• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Types/Puzzles/Appearance Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think gym leader should hav single type pkmns but more difficult, like drizzle + swift swim... What would i like is that there should be 3 on 3 battle in which we have to choose any 3 pkmn fr battling. Nt like we have 6 pkmns and they have just 2.. That would be unfair

:( That'd be really strong @ Drizzle + SS. If they did that it'd have to be the E4 or something, rather than just in any old gym lmao.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well only Politoad and Kyogre have Drizzle so it'll have to be a Politoad (I don't want them to give it to anyone else either). Also the strategy will be easy to break if one has a Pokémon that can set up sun to disrupt Drizzle...preferably a grass type so it can hopefully survive, so it can be done.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope more of the Gyms use this type of theme for their music.

I really liked how they introduced vocals into the themes for Roxie and Elesa's gyms and the different instruments too.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
3 on 3 battling for the win - it makes it way more difficult and tactical.

I don't know about having the choice of which gym to face though. Generally we're required to get a gym badge to be able to use a HM that's necessary to progress. If you can fight in whatever order or (as suggested way back) explore the entire region then go back and fight gym leaders it seems moot. You may as well remove the concept of gym leaders altogether then...

Though it always bugged me that the first gym leaders were always ridiculously weak, but I don't know how to counter that.

I'd definitely love to see some more stuff with three-on-three battles like the Battle Tower. It makes for a much more interesting fight with a lot more strategy, but I guess I don't really see the Gyms implementing it. I mean, you can easily brute force your way through it, but a lot of people who are just playing through the main game don't really have strategies set up. It'd definitely be nice for maybe one Gym, but that's it.

I'd like the option to choose what battle style to use against Gym Leaders out of Single, Double or Triple. I think having all one on one can become a little tedious, at least with Double and Triple more tactical planning is needed, more so for Triple battles and it would make Gym Battles a little extra challenging and rewarding.

I think having maybe more than one Gym having the gimmick of being a Double/Triple/Rotational battle would be nice, instead of just having the one. I mean, especially if they introduce the battle system in that generation, it'd make sense to use it more than once. Having the option for each Gym though is kind of iffy, but I guess it couldn't do much harm. They don't really have to create any additional leaders to do it, so why not?

I hope more of the Gyms use this type of theme for their music.

I really liked how they introduced vocals into the themes for Roxie and Elesa's gyms and the different instruments too.

Agree completely.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I loved how each of the gyms had their own unique take on the gym theme.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I just hope the first gym will be a bit more difficult and not a waste of a good type with a battle that take less than 3min to do.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I just hope the first gym will be a bit more difficult and not a waste of a good type with a battle that take less than 3min to do.

It's the first gym, it's supposed to be easy (except for Cheren, he was unnaturally difficult for a first gym leader, it took me ages to even get to Virbank cause I kept losing to the guy, that's not how a Pokemon game should start.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

It's the first gym, it's supposed to be easy (except for Cheren, he was unnaturally difficult for a first gym leader, it took me ages to even get to Virbank cause I kept losing to the guy, that's not how a Pokemon game should start.)

I agree that the first Gym shouldn't be too much of a challenge, and that Cheren was kind of ridiculous. I think GSC had it pretty well with Falkner. The Pokémon themselves weren't hard, but Mud Slap made it annoying is heck. You could take the hits and survive pretty easily, but it wasn't easy to get the KO either. Something like that would be ideal to me in the new games.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope they make use of the Gyroscope feature for one of the gyms, maybe tilting through a maze to reach the Gym Leader would make it a little more of a challenge.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I hope they make use of the Gyroscope feature for one of the gyms, maybe tilting through a maze to reach the Gym Leader would make it a little more of a challenge.

I actually really like this concept. I'd love to see a Rock gym where it was a boulder-dash type thing, where you're being chased by a giant boulder and you have to run around a maze with little niches to avoid them. Would be a fun way to navigate it. I could see it being like a downhill landslide kind of thing so you don't have to control your movement with the Dpad/Analog stick, just by tilting the 3DS around.

Back