• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest! #13 (entry phase jan 11-18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

pokeball.gif
Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome to the 13th installation of the Pokémon Manga Caption Contest of PokéCommunity! In this thread, I will present to you one or a few panels from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with a fitting piece of text or dialogue that captures the image as well as possible. It can be funny or cute or smart - as long as you follow the rules, it is all up to you.

We'll try to do this a bit differently than last time: When the entry phase closes, the voting phase commences. Everyone who made an entry is required to vote, or your entry will be disqualified. You can not vote for yourself. And of course, anyone can vote without having entered the competition themselves.

The winner will be listed in our Hall of Fame and will get to help me choose a panel if there will be another caption contest. And there's another prize too... You will earn the right to a one-time custom html usertitle here on the forums. That is, a fancier line beneath your username which will last until you edit it yourself. Without paying for it, wow! Such fame! Very hawt! The details will be clear once there is a winner.

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words even in your entry post, and no vulgarities.
  • A "caption" here means any kind of text that fits the picture. Dialogue, a narrative, one word, a slogan... Anything.
  • You can only submit one caption per contest.
  • You can of course not submit the exact same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
  • Post your entry in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!
  • After the one-week entry phase, there will be a one-week voting phase.

Panel #13

sdfs_zpsd2a6f466.png

This panel is picked by me. Wow! Such- okay. It's from the Pokémon Adventures manga, the HG/SS arc. Gold is remembering something he should have said to Kris... Or is something else happening? It is all up to you.

Best of luck!

Hall Of Fame

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Well here we go:

Gold: "Y'know Kris, that giant ribbon's actually my Ditto."

Kris: "You haven't even started your journey yet!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm excited to see the other people's entries though. Do we vote in this thread or what?
I love reading the entries! :D

No, a new thread will be up when the voting phase begins. In a week.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm glad this is back, just in time after the end of the Tournament.

Kris: "Gold's talking sleeve is really creeping me out..."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Is it possible to change one's caption as long as the voting phase has not begun?
I'd say yes, because why not? As long as the voting thread isn't up, you are free to change your entry if you think of a better one. Still, try not to imitate others too much because lame.

... does this need to be said in the first post?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Love your entries, guys! Two days left, then the voting thread will be up.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Gold : "Can any person beat the Destiny of a Great trainer Like me ?"

Kris: "Cmon Your gonna get your Pokemon beaten up ! I am GONNA CHANGE YOUR LEGACY !"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back