• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia: Aftershock (Part 1- Darkness Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

It's now been 5 years since Mithos was defeated, the Giant Kharlan Tree was restored, and the two worlds of Tethe'alla and Sylvarant were restored to their original state. Ever since that day, things have been peaceful, and not much is changed. Ozette and Luin were rebuilt, and Mizuho was relocated to just south of Iselia.

However, the unthinkable occured, and Mithos was revived by a new, greater evil, and the two worlds were once again seperated. As a result, the Mana links were re-established, and the tree was sealed inside once more. The original heroes, excluding Kratos, who had gone to Derris Kharlan, and Sheena, who had her chief duties in Mizuho, set out to stop this new found evil, only to be captured.

After hearing the news, Sheena became desperate to find her friends, and knowing she couldn't do anything but watch, she used the power of the 9 Summon Spirits to summon strangers from another world to save the two worlds, entrusting a Summon Spirit, and an exsphere to each as a guide.

Now, it must have at least crossed your minds by now, that if Sheena still has her Summon Spirit pacts, then why are there Mana links forming? It's because a new evil force has been placed at each temple, creating the links.

In a nutshell, you are summoned from our world, to Mizuho in Sylvarant, by Sheena, and are given each a Summon Spirit, as well as your own exsphere. As our world is nothing like Sylvarant or Tethe'alla, we must discover our dormant skills with help from our Summon Spirit and Exsphere. Only by doing this, and defeating the evil, will you be able to return home.

Summon Spirits

Efreet

Efreet is the Summon Spirit of fire, and the temple that held him was located at Triet Ruins, Sylvarant. Claimed by Raichu Master

Sylph

Sylph is the Summon Spirit of air, and their temple is located at Balacruf Mausoleum, Sylvarant. Claimed by *~Strider~*

Undine

Undine is the Summon Spirit of water, and her temple is located at the Thoda Geyser, Sylvarant. Claimed by Lil'Schu

Gnome
Gnome is the Summon Spirit of Earth, and was located at the Temple of Earth in Tethe'alla. Claimed by Abskull

Volt
Volt is the Summon Spirit of Lightning, and was located at the Temple of Lightning in Tethe'alla. Claimed by Yukito

Celsius

Celcius is the Summon Spirit of Ice, and was located at the Temple of Ice, in Tethe'alla. Claimed by Miyu-chan

Luna
Luna is the first of two Summon Spirits of Light, her temple, as well as Aska's, located at the Tower of Mana, in Sylvarant. Claimed by Marina99

Aska
The second Summon Spirit of light. He is located alongside Luna.

Shadow
Shadow is the Summon Spirit of Darkness, and was located in the Temple of Darkness, in Tethe'alla.

Form

Name:
Appearance: (Remember our characters are from our world)
Personality: (Optional)
Summon Spirit: (Just to confirm, the Summon Spirit won't be fighting along side us. It's kind of like a key to helping unlock your power. You can't exactly spend the whole RP chit chatting with it. We will eventually learn to summon, however. Also, the Summon Spirit's element has nothing to do with your powers, though it may if you like. Also, once someone has claimed a Summon Spirit, it can't be claimed by someone else.)
Class: (What class of powers will you be unlocking? Ex: Magic, Twin swordsmen, ect. This has to be approved by me)
RP Sample: (I require a sample of your work, and it has to be good, to become accepted)

Later on, when we learn some techs, we'll key an extra section onto our profiles, and update them as we learn new skills.

Last edited:

Myrrh

Pokegirl909's True Love...
Years

Name: Minotsu
Appearance: Spiky brown hair,(Like Lloyd), a black shirt with a white vest, brown pants, black gloves, and a white headband...
Summon Spirit: Luna
Class: Magic User
RP Sample: Its 5:00 AM, I awaken, looking out on the horizen, searching for my staff, which seems to be stolen!!

"Hmm, where did I put that thing?? Oh, here it is!" I said as I stretched my forearms....

I pick up my staff, it is long, slender, and has a turqoise ball at the end.

"Hm, where to go next......Oh, Ill go see Collette!!!!" I yelled in glee, I then yawned from sleepyness.....

I exit Mizuho, and head toward Iselia......

On the way there, 3 rabbits wanna battle!!

They jump all one top of me at once, I knock the off, I then swing at the one on the left and it disintegrates! I swing at the other one and I kill it, I then use First Aid! I am healed, partially, the one remaining attacks me, and I kill it by swinging my staff.....I then walk for a bit, to catch my breath, and I head toward Iselia, hopefully with no more interruptions...............

(OOC: Any better?)

Last edited:

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
Years
Name: Myasaki Ishimaru
Appearance:
Personality: (Optional)
Summon Spirit: Gnome
Class: Magic
RP Sample: Don't you know me well enough?

Kurosaki

Okay, you're accepted Abskull, but Myrrh, your RP Sample doesn't even follow proper format. ^^;;

Kurosaki

You shouldn't be posting like this in any RP:
"Minotsu: Hmm, where did I put that thing?? Oh, here it is!"

It should be in the following format:
"Hmm, where did I put that thing?? Oh, here it is!" Minotsu said"

Kurosaki

I'm not sure, you didn't have much for me to go off of. Would you mind posting some more?

Myrrh

Pokegirl909's True Love...
Years
(OOC: Sure, Ill post some more here, oh, BTW, can I powerplay as Collette? If I can I can edit it.....)

BIC:
I arrive at the Iselia Village Gates and ask the Guard for Permission to enter.

"Um, can I enter the village? I wield nothing but my Staff and the clothes on my back," I tell the man.

"Um, yes, go ahead," he replied, "enter, young sir."

I enter the village and I see Collete.

"Collette!! HI!! Its Minotsu!! Remember me?" I excitedly yelled to her, "I wonder if she remembers me...."

"Minotsu? Wow, its really you! I havent seen you in ages!!!" she replied, "come into my house, and lets talk for a while^-^!"

(OOC: Any Better now?)

Zero ex

Swordmaster
Years
I want to join (If i can)

Name: Kyo
Appearance: A tall man. dark-brown eyes. Short black hair. Wearing a largewhite coat.
Personality: Happy. Somehow like Zelos.
Summon Spirit: Shadow
Class: Mageknight (Like Zelos and Kratos)
RP Sample: Kyo was in a dark place, a place of death. Kyowas scared. Hw thought " I must finish this task or else...I will not be able to fight alongside Sheena and the others." Kyo change his face to one with determination. Shadow saw him and said "Good.....Now.....finish.....the...task." Kyo replied "Hey can you try to talk a bit normally? You are sacaring me." Shadow move towards Kyo and answered the question by saying " I...not.....scaring.....Finish.....task." Kyo replied " Ok " Kyo walk in the the dark place, he saw fire a sphere with fire and said "What is this? A it doesnt matter if it is not hot it could help me(He will be able to see)." Kyo grabbed the sphere, he noticed that it was not hot. That it was a normal shpere. He saw that the dark place was a forest(The sphere was ilumminaitng th place). "Now that I can i will be able to finish the task." Kyo said with a smile. Kyo then saw some monsters and thought " Shall I battle or shall I run like a coward. No! I must face them. I must kill them!" Kyo grabbed his sword and start running towards the monsters. He slashed one of them and got a one hit K.O. One of the dragon attacke him witho so much strangth that Kyo got fliyign toward th tree " Argh! So powerfull, but i won't be beated so easily." Kyo used his magic (Wind blade) and beat another monster. "Now one to go" Kyo said. Kyo started running and hit the dragon and killed the final one. "Good......Task......Finished." Shadow said. Kyo replied "What are you kidding this was the task?" I think that with this is good.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
(ToS! <3)

Name: Yoshiko Fuyukawa
Appearance:
650.jpg

Personality: Always with a cheerful smile on her face, Yoshiko at a first glance may seem like a ordinary ditzy, cheerful, optimistic girl. But underneath her smile is a girl who is filled with uncertianity, doubts about the world, and a shadow of her past.
Summon Spirit: Celcius
Class: Swordswoman/Mage - double edged sword.
RP Sample:

Last edited:

Neo Sneasel

Obsest with Sneasel
Years
May I join?

Name: Xenx
Apperance: Siver hair, icy blue eyes, pale skin, black vest, navy blue pants
Personality: Optional
Summon Spirit: Aska
Class: Swordsman
RP Sample: Xenx was walking along in a field when the sky darkened and lightning clashed around him violently. "What's happening?" he asked, expecting a reply. As the lightning streaks moved in closer and closer he swung his sword around viciously, hoping to make it stop. " Why wont it stop, why wont it go away?!" he moned, still expecting a reply. A bolt hit him and he passed out. He awoke later in a strange vilage he had never seen before. "Welcome to Mizuho." said Sheena.

Is that good?

Years
Name: Rei Kogami

Appearance:
GothGirl.jpg

Personality: Rei is a passionate and adventurous soul, determined on having the time of her life no matter what the situation. She takes great liking in all extraordinary things, and likes nothing more than to explore new and unexplained surroundings. Though she has the heart of a child, she fights with passion and shows no mercy to her opponents, using strategic methods to bring them to their knees.

Summon Spirit: *Glares at NeoSneasel* Sylph

Class: Twin Swordsman

RP Sample: *Cough* Ill edit if I have to ^_^

Kurosaki

Sorry Myrrh, but I just don't think you're quite up to the level I'm looking for. ^^;;

Zero_ex, if you want to be in this RP, i recommend dividing your posts into paragraphs, if you don't already, as your sample was very crammed, and I also advise you to work on your spelling, but besides that, you're in. However, could you ngo into more detail on your appearance?

Neo Sneasel, you also need to add more to your description, and your sample if you want entrance.

Strider, you're in, and same with Miyu. I'll edit my profile in in a few minutes.

Edit:

Name: David
Appearance:
check.jpg

Personality:
Summon Spirit: Volt
Class: Archer/ Magic User

Last edited:

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
Name: Sayuri Mikami
Appearance: ~> Clicky
Personality: Sayuri is happy-go-lucky, childish and really hyper. At least that's what she wants everyone to see. Underneath her blissful demeanor is a sense of maturity, one that is rarely found in someone in her age. She puts her needs second to everyone else's and keeps all her troubles to herself, afraid to burden others. She is a bit gullible, too, and easily trusts anyone; friend or foe.
Summon Spirit: Luna
Class: If she wields a chakram, what class would that be, Davey-chan? Chakram wielder~? X3;
RP Sample: Do I have to, do I have to, do I have tooo~?

I'll edit everything I need to, just tell me. :3

Kurosaki

Yeah, Chakram wielder sounds about right, XD
Anyways, you're accepted Mari

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Any room for an old timer?

And I don't think it's really fair that ONLY some people have to do an rp sample and others do not. Kind of like playing favorites...and I don't like it when people play favorites...it bugs the crap out of me...but hey...you're the mod and the creator of the thread...whatever floats your boat. But being me as I know me, I'm going to feel out the RP Sample, because you NEVER know when a good rper may become bad or you may get better and decide that what was once good is now bad and what was bad is now worst and so on and so forth. Anyway...my point is...don't put an RP sample in if not everyone has to do it... *sigh*

Name: Jeremy Cecil
Appearance: Jeremy has jet black hair that's spiked with blond highlighted tips; he also has deep mohagany eyes, that contrast greatly with his dark hair. He wears bootcut jeans that are ripped at the knees, and a loose, worn-out white t-shirt. He's very scruffy looking, and is a very unlikely hero with his rather short-for-a-16-year-old appearance and rather frail looking frame, and extremely pale complexion.
Personality: I hate optional Personalities (what is somebody going to do? Change a character's personality halfway through the storyline?). Anyhow, Jeremy is very rogue-ish and was born a street rat in New York City. With no family or friends, Jeremy doesn't trust anybody or anything, and relies on himself and himself alone. He's very sharp-witted but his sharp-tongue is even sharper which gets him into fights that he can't win, which would explain all the bruising. Jeremy is only out for himself, and what he thinks is best for him, which can make him very suspicious and untrustworthy. But make no mistake, besides some major setbacks and flaws in his composition and personality, given the chance (which he never had since his parents died when he was a baby), Jeremy proves to be a great traveling companion and goof-off, it's getting him to open up that's the trick.
Summon Spirit: Efreet
Class: Swordsman = scimitar (singular)
RP Sample: "Come back here!" a rather fat pudgy man screamed as he ran after a short rinky-dink boy, who was carrying a loaf of freshly baked bread. "Thief! Thief! Come back here!" the man, obviously a baker of some sort, continued to yell when he ran out of breath shortly after he started running.

Passing between to buildings into a narrow alley, just big enough for a boy like him, Jeremy lifted his mohagany eyes to meet those of another boy about the same height but looked like he could take out a few people in one swift stroke of his arm. "Here you are! Now pay up!" Jeremy demanded throwing the loaf from his arm to the boy's out stretched hands.

"Very good, now be on your way," the boy sighed, as his silhouette turned around and started walking away without paying Jeremy for his performance.

"What about the money!" Jeremy protested as he dared to take a step forward to try and stop the other young man's progress. A sturdy hand came around and made contact with Jeremy's left cheek, which gave a loud smack of protest, making Jeremy fall limply to the ground.

"You don't deserve a cent! Maybe when you learn how to actually steal I might consider paying you for your poor performances," the young man said smuggly, as he spat on Jeremy and turned to leave.

"We had a deal!" Jeremy protested yet again, as he staggered to his feet and regained his composure. When the boy didn't answer back, Jeremy took off after him, jumping up on the wall and running along it for as long as he could to get infront of his employer. Landing a few feet in front of the silhouette, with a satisfied grin, knowing that he successfully snuck passed his opponent, Jeremy lounged toward the loaf of bread, catching it as his arms folded around it. Breaking into a roll, Jeremy quickly got to his feet and sprinted from the alley yelling, "That's what you get when you don't pay!"

Is that good enough? Or do you want more? Maybe more description? More action maybe? A bit longer? I don't believe you ever stated the requirements, so I leave it up to you! ^^

Last edited:

Kurosaki

Actually, optional is generally for someone who wants the other RPers to see as they go, instead of already having a basic idea already, as they sometimes become predictable. That, or they're lazy :P

Anyways, you're in

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
Years
I'll see if I can join. Heh. I haven't RPed much, but I do write (whether you all know it or not. XD;; ).

::~Form~::

Name: Lauren
Appearance: Dark Brown shoulder blade length hair, her skin is a bit tanned. She has purple eyes. Wears a light blue jacket, a white undershirt, khaki pants, sandals. She's about 5'10".
Personality: Lauren is outgoing most of the time, but can be mature if the situation calls for it. She's smart and thinks before acting. (I suck at personality describing. XD; )
Summon Spirit: Undine
Class: Healer, Light-type Mage (like Raine). She wields a wooden staff with a sapphire on top.
RP Sample: A young girl blinked her eyes as the smell of a well-done egg omelet made its way up the winding stairs and into the bedroom. Lauren blinked again. But it's Friday...I'm supposed to be the only one home...Then who's cooking?

Lauen grabbed her robe, put on her glasses, and dashed down the stairs. Everything was going great until her foot caught a snag on the carpeted steps.

"Oops."

She tumbled down the rest of the steps, making various sounds as she went. Not surprisingly, she landed right on her ankle. Abandoning all caution to the stranger in the kitchen, Lauren let out a choice of "mad" words (her parents never let her curse). The teenager was so caught up nursing her ankle, that she didn't notice the figure looming over her until about two minutes later. Lauren glanced up at the short stocky woman in a bathrobe...My mom's robe! Woah, wait a second...

"Do you do this everyday I'm gone?" Lauren's mother sounded serious, but her light blue eyes didn't match her voice's tone.

"Heh, just toughening myself up, that's all." Lauren shook her head, causing her dark hair to flow, almost as if it had a mind of its own. Man, Mom just had to be home today...Why is she even home? "Mom, why are you home, anyway? Today's not a weekend, and you never take days off!"

The stocky woman looked amazed. She knows...she has to know. How could she forget this? It's my only day of the year, she can't forget...she wouldn't forget...

Lauren sat there on the step, thinking hard to herself. Must be something pretty big. How can I forget something? I never forget anything! Argh! Like a bolt from the blue, it hit her. Of course! How could I be so stupid!

"It's your birthday, Mom! Of course I didn't forget! Here, I'll go get your present!" Before Lauren's mom could react, the teen sprinted up the stairs two at a time and fell on her bed.

"Wow..." Lauren muttered to herself. "Talk about a close call..."

So...can I join? ^^;

Kurosaki

Okay, you're accepted. And I think we have enough to start now! For reasons related to be lazy, we'll start out waking up in Mizuho after being transported there. Your character may or may not have played the game before, depending on your decision, and remember that Mizuho was relocated to Sylvarant, and is just south if Iselia.

IC: Bricks, bricks, was I hit over the head with bricks? It certainly felt like it when I woke up that morning, and what a morning it was. When I first opened my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar environment, and I felt a strange force looming in the air. I sat up, and noticed I had been laying on the ground, and I was in a dark building, poorly made, and probably only created to contain a large group of people. And contain a large group of people it did. Around me were at least 6 other people laying in the dirt.

I decided to disregard that fact for the moment, and exited through the nearest door, having to cover my eyes as I left the darkness and entered the scorching sunlight, almost blinding me. After my eyes recovered, I saw a small village before me. Dirt paths, old wooden homes, a well, the list went on. There were also no cars, or technology of any kind. Also, the citizens of the village were dressed oddly, and they were all staring, which scared me back inside. Just what the hell was going on?

OOC: Basically, wake up in the same place I did. Also, that presenced I felt was Mana, and only magic users should be able to sense it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back