• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The wrong stars?

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
Years
I was thinking...why arent Latios and Latias the stars of Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby?

Wouldnt that make alot more sense? I mean, they are the same colors as the games, and they are legendary, and they have their own movie. It makes more sense then making up the two new pokemon.

Shinin

Banned
Years
Kyogre and Groudon are also the colors of the games
They probably did it because Groudon & Kyogre can't zoom around Hoenn, and Latios has nothing to do with water or team aqua and latias has nothing to do with ground or team magma.

Kitty17794

Years
But they could have made Latias and Latios fit in. I would have loved to see Latios and Latias star in a game. I dont care for the current Ruby/Sapphire pokemon. But thats my opinion. *shrug*

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
A good idea, If I can say.
The Can make Pokemon: Blue Eon & Red Eon Versions ;)

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
Years
groudon and kyogre fit alot better bcuz if it wasnt for them there would be no rayquaza. and with no rayquaza there would be no pkmn 7th movie. and so there would be no weather pkmn and that wouldnt be good. they also put some mythology into the hoenn region. and there would be no team magma or aqua. besides that there has to be a rivalry between the stars and latios and latias r siblings so they wont fight. making pkmn too boring if pkmn dont fight for no reason.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
Why would there be no Rayquaza without Kyogre and Groudon? The purpose of K/G is to just fit in with Team A/M. Rayquaza is just another legendary Pokemon that has no purpose in the storyline of the game.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
Isn't Rayquaza the big mediator between the two? I mean, his special power nullifies weather effects, which both Groudon and Kyrogue carry around with them naturally.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
yep...Rayquaza, I always thoguht, was the mediator between Groudon and Kyogre with his ability to nullify weather conditions.

plus with Rayquaza, you form the triad of Land (Groudon), Sea (Kyogre), and Sky (Rayquaza)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
they just need those legendaries to help the storyline of the anime (game itself has and needs no story line). Legendaries = more movies so yeah. Lol Rayquaza is like a guardian that hunts down Deoxys (all forms) instead of being a diplomat between the legendaries in the movie ;p

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
Is Kyogre in the Jirachi movie? Cause I've only seen Groudon in the commercials, so if Kyogre is in the movie, then wouldn't Jirachi be the mediator instead?

Kitty17794

Years
I just think it woulda made more sense to make Pokemon R/S based on Latias & Latios. Maybe a diff storyline or something, like the movie.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Nah, Kyogre isn?t and that Groudon?well that?s a spoiler, but no it isn?t a mediator.

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
Latias and Latios are not superlegendaries like Groudon and Kyogre and they have unbalanced status anyway.

Taeki

Furry Gerbil
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 14, 2005
Raikou is in a special episode in japan with the boy and girl from crystal.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
Years
I agree w/ the Rayquaza moderator theory. On top of Mt. Pyre, there are three stone stands instead of two. hmmmm..................... Red, Blue, and Green orbs. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out w/ a Pokemon Emrald (sp???). Air lock negates both of their special abilities, and air reigns over the ground and the sea (literally, it above both). I think Rayquaza ended the cataclysmic battle between Groudon and Kygore.

Back