• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I have a problem In unlz.gba!
1. When i have inserted the sprite and then it says bla bla to big and then you search for free space bla bla and you do write to rom again and check bla bla and then insert the freespace... And i press write to rom and then i do it again checking Write pallte changes to rom and abort if the file is to big, When ive done all that the sprite works and ingame to exept when i go to another picture on unlz.gba and then go back it shows the one before?

2. When i did [Above] The pallet messes up, Lets say i inserted the sprite in a pallet 1112 but the one before is 1110, when the new sprite is saved and i go forward sprites and back again it shows my new sprite in the pallet from the previous sprite AKA 1110?
Because they are in free space, the old sprite and pallettes are still going to be where they were. You put the sprites in a new part of the ROM, so nothing was deleted, but Free Space.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Can you make a wildbattle that you can't run away of?
nope sry not as far as i know... you could prolly script a thing where if you run away the battle starts all over. like a chain of battles. (assuming you mean the wild battle like when you encounter a legendary.)

does anyone here know about my rival pal issues btw? (above)

if u dnt but u know about pals it would solve my issue if i knew how pals r stored. do more than one things ever use the same pal? so if i edit a pal in say the rival sprite. will it mess up the color of another sprite or object or background in a diff part of the game?

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay this has been happening to me for a while and It has been waisting a ton of my time sometimes when I make a new script and I go to vba to test the script when I go near the event the game just resets it goes back to the C copywright nintendo screen
1)dose anyone know WHY this happens I check my scripts offsets it all good
2)is there a quick fix
3)if not quick is there a fix or do I just have to go back to my back up every time this happens witch I have been doing but acorse this can waist days of work I made on my hack I back up about every three days :P

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
okay this has been happening to me for a while and It has been waisting a ton of my time sometimes when I make a new script and I go to vba to test the script when I go near the event the game just resets it goes back to the C copywright nintendo screen
1)dose anyone know WHY this happens I check my scripts offsets it all good
2)is there a quick fix
3)if not quick is there a fix or do I just have to go back to my back up every time this happens witch I have been doing but acorse this can waist days of work I made on my hack I back up about every three days :P

Change all your people events with the movement permssion of Hidden to THE LAST hidden option on the drop down bar. This should fix it :P

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Ok, it seems like the gymleader sprites on ruby are linked together in away that when i insert one sprite in the right pallete and do all the saving thing then it changes the pallet of another gymleader ive inserted? Anyway to fix this?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
can anyone show me how to resize sinnoh pokemon from d/p/pt and put them into properly.
i tried recoloured it but still doesn't work..

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
no no no you get it wrong.
i mean the icon in the pokemon menu.
i know how to insert sprites.

Ok, it seems like the gymleader sprites on ruby are linked together in away that when i insert one sprite in the right pallete and do all the saving thing then it changes the pallet of another gymleader ive inserted? Anyway to fix this?

input your own pallete from FSF.try that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
ok for some reason after i replaced my rival in the intro of fire red, the pals must be messed up. when you choose male one color from the rivals pal changes into a weird tan color. but only when you choose male.

does anyone know why? does the game use a diff pal when you choose male?

and if i fix that pal will it mess up the pal of somthing else in the game? do multiple things in the game use the same pal?

School days again...
Years
no no no you get it wrong.
i mean the icon in the pokemon menu.
i know how to insert sprites.

input your own pallete from FSF.try that

There are icons that I made on the Rom Hacking Resources, I haven't finished yet but there are Sinnoh icons there, just give credits to me.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
nvm i'll just leave the icon of pokemon there first,i'll make them when i finish all the other things.
and 874521,i need a magmortar,electivire,togekiss,lucario icon

School days again...
Years
nvm i'll just leave the icon of pokemon there first,i'll make them when i finish all the other things.
and 874521,i need a magmortar,electivire,togekiss,lucario icon

Here they are, Just give credits, ok?

448j.png
466f.png

467.png
468u.png

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
OMFG!!Thanks..Many many thanks.P:S i love you.

i tried inserting all of them only togekiss,lucario works
for magmortar and electivire it says no pallete found for the icon.
im using RHXP btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back