• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen The Legendary Dogs/Cats [Entei, Suicune and Raikou]

Which do you like best?

• Suicune.

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Entei.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Raikou.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
It's close between Raikou and Suicune, but I'm gonna have to say Suicune is beautiful. Raikou is awesome and all, but Suicune is just a little more... elegant, if you like.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I love all three of them. Entei is my favorite, him being a Fu Dog (or Chinese Guardian Lion, whatevs). He just looks so majestic and powerful. Close comes Suicune, she's the most elegant and I love the purple stuff flowing from her back, looks cool haha. Although when I was young I interpreted the white laces from the back of Suicune as worms coming from her butt LOL. Raikou is awesome as well <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I've gone for Entei since I've always loved Fire-types, however I have been warming to Suicune more and more lately.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Suicune is my favourite. It has that majestic and elegant feel that makes it even more awesome, and the fact that it's a Water type.

Raikou comes a close second because it's an electric type, and its special attack is better, so its more into the offensive side.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2012
my favorite is raiako his a eletric type and he just looks cool. i have two questions first were can i find wobbafet in SS,also how do i heal my enemys of burn i burn't raioku .

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
. i have two questions first were can i find wobbafet in SS,also how do i heal my enemys of burn i burn't raioku .

Don't think you can heal Raikou from burns... Just use a MasterBall and catch it, and if you don't have one just use a normal ball on it and don't save if it faints. And Wobbuffet can be found in these locations : Dark Cave, Safari Zone and Cerulean Cave.

Anyways my favorite is Raikou because I like electric types a lot and because I think it has a cool design.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Don't think you can heal Raikou from burns... Just use a MasterBall and catch it, and if you don't have one just use a normal ball on it and don't save if it faints. And Wobbuffet can be found in these locations : Dark Cave, Safari Zone and Cerulean Cave.

Anyways my favorite is Raikou because I like electric types a lot and because I think it has a cool design.

I saved my Masterball for Mewtwo. I found it be more approriate to use say a Quick Ball than a Masterball. But, I suppose that's up to one's decision! \o/

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Suicune is my all time favourite of the three, no doubt. I encountered it first whiile walking around the region for God knows what reason, and I just sorta stumbled up on it. Unlike with Latios back in Ruby, I was completely aware that this wasn't a Pokémon you'd normally find, so I tried catching it... and it ran away :( I kept on searching the grass in that area for a long time trying to find it again, to luck though, so in the end I wanted to look at in the Pokédex, and found it's location. I went to the place the map showed it was, and discovered the horror that was roaming legendaries. Took me quite a while before I caught it, but once i did, we became the best of friends ^_^

As for my least favourite, probably Raikou due to its G/S sprite lolol

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Raikou was the best. It deserved much more than just an hour-long episode. Plus it was the first legendary I ever battled against, and luckily I stopped Raikou from fleeing through Mean Look. After that, I lowered it's HP, and then caught it with an Ultra Ball. Good times, good times. But, I only use Raikou in battle only on certain occasions. It was the first legendary I caught, and it was magical (But not as good as Umbreon XD).

Years
As a kid playing Gold/Silver, I was never able to catch these things. I used a Master Ball on one of them on various playthroughs, but I didn't have the patience to train something with Mean Look and go searching for them.

This was certainly not the case for HeartGold. In fact it was pretty easy- I played through the game with a Zubat, who eventually became a Crobat. When I'd beaten the League, I just went to Mahogany town, cycled left and right of the town to coax one of them into the neighbouring routes, then.. game on. It took a few attempts because of Roar, but I managed to snag them. Entei was far more difficult as it kept bursting out of the Ultra Balls, but typically a single plain ol' Pokéball worked. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I usually ended up having to Master Ball Entei (since he's my favourite <3) and then just throw Quick Balls at the other two whenever I happened to run into them :p A few times I did manage to trap them with Mean Look and beat them down a little (I seem to remember using Stantler for Paralysis?) to capture them, but honestly I don't like them much so I didn't usually bother xD The few times I did bother to try catching them I just went in and out of the route below Ecruteak, they always seemed to be there :p

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ah I adore Raikou, it really has a special place in my heart. Trying to catch the beasts was a nightmare, due to the fact I didn't have Mean Look and things like that. Eventually over time I whittled down Raikou's HP, before catching it with an Ultra Ball.

I didn't use legendaries so I just boxed him away with all the others. It's probably still in there xD. Suicune, although it doesn't flee in HG/SS, took me like 30 Ultra Balls to catch. Seriously I'm unlucky ._.

Raikou was my favourite, because of the coolest design out of the three, Thunder strikes across it's body a purple,swirly cloud on it's back, that calm nature... Ah how I love you Raikou :3.

My least favourite honestly has to be Entei. Even though fire-types are my favourite, Entei I dislike. It's design wasn't something I liked and there are plenty of awesome pure fire types out there.

Back