• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Poke Pics and DBZ

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
420501_175220969262124_108510751_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Wow, really liking the Bulbasaur and Alakazam picture.

Have you considered scanning it onto a computer and using Photoshop to colour them? Cause that would look pretty damn cool.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Yeah I did it once with a few of my pokemon, I need to get photoshop again. I'll post some more of my drawings later in the day, I think if you liked those two you'll really like my Tuaros and Kingdra ones too. I'll expirement with photoshop too and repost. Thanks for the feedback!!! (:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I see a budding artist! n_n;

No but really, neat drawings you have here! Your colors are very accurate to the originals, so that's always good. And overall, there aren't many eraser lines or heavy pencil marks, so it's good that you took a light-handed approach because that makes the piece better overall. I recommend you break away from Sugimori's style a little and try experimenting on your own with the Pokemon you like! I think we'd love to see that. :3

Also, make sure that when you color, you avoid using broad strokes. That way, you'll be able to keep the color consistent and you won't end up with those sketchy lines. Just keep working on it and take your time. So far, what you've posted shows a lot of promise. Good luck! Can't wait to see more!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I see a budding artist! n_n;

No but really, neat drawings you have here! Your colors are very accurate to the originals, so that's always good. And overall, there aren't many eraser lines or heavy pencil marks, so it's good that you took a light-handed approach because that makes the piece better overall. I recommend you break away from Sugimori's style a little and try experimenting on your own with the Pokemon you like! I think we'd love to see that. :3

Also, make sure that when you color, you avoid using broad strokes. That way, you'll be able to keep the color consistent and you won't end up with those sketchy lines. Just keep working on it and take your time. So far, what you've posted shows a lot of promise. Good luck! Can't wait to see more!

Wow! Thanks for the advice (: Once Im finished my classes for the semester in about 3 weeks im going to be putting more time into my drawings, I'll keep you updated!

Back