• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Because they'd be profitable.

Sheesh. I really don't understand why people go through all these mental gymnastics over compatibility and transferring pokemon and years between this and odd and even that and all the rest of this jazz (not saying you're doing all of that - just using this as a jumping-off point to address the broader topic). GF is a business. Their purpose is to profit. If they can do Hoenn remakes/sequels and profit, then that's all the reason they ever need or ever could need to do them.

I guarantee you that nobody at GF is getting all wound up over whether this pokemon is transferrable to that game or this generation is an odd number or an even number or how many years it's been since the last Hoenn games or any of the rest of the stuff that gets trotted out in these threads. If the subject is being discussed, it's all about budgeting, staffing, game concept, marketing and profit projections, and it's on those considerations that the decision will be made.

I guess I kind of derped there. I already said earlier in my post that they'd be profitable and then completely ignored that when I said there was no reason. Whoops.

I agree though. GF isn't going to care about anything than making a profit. While everyone would love to think they have our best interests at heart, they're a business and businesses want to make money. While making your customers happy increases profits (obviously) if they see a chance to make more money, they're going to take it, and if they seem like a great company to all of their customers because of it, that's just icing on the cake.

I think we'll either see remakes soon or not at all. I don't think there's a much better time to make them than right after the series finally moves to the 3DS, but I could be wrong.

Years
I think they may possibly do a remake in Gen VI but it's just a thought.

If they do it'll be after X/Y (obviously) and the 3rd game to go with that set, like they did with HG/SS.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Now that I think about it, Hoenn remakes would be nice because of the music. I LOVED the music in RSE. It would be so nice to hear it with better sounding quality than what we had in the GBA era.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
If anything I think the MegaBlaziken thing is more of a sign the remakes aren't happening. Otherwise they wouldn't unbalance the starters like that.

blue

gucci
Years
If anything I think the MegaBlaziken thing is more of a sign the remakes aren't happening. Otherwise they wouldn't unbalance the starters like that.

Well it can be re balanced by distributing the Mega Evolution to the other two starters which I think is likely to happen.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Well I hope I can use MegaBlaziken in RS Remakes ;)

This whole Torchic event and MegaBlaziken thing are starting to reignite my hopes for RSE remakes. The Blazikenite not being found in normal gameplay could be found in RSE remakes... It seems strange that they revealed a Hoenn starter's Megalution during the big reveal, rather than a Kalos starter's (if any of them get one).

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
I think a Hoenn remake is completely unnecessary.

1. Pokemon R/S/E already fits into the Pokemon timeline. It occurs simultaneously with the beginning events in Kanto. Remaking it either adds nothing to the story line or just retells it which makes it nothing more than a filler.
2. R/S/E are compatible for transfer to all games 4th and up (and most likely 6th gen).
3. They've made it their duty to add pretty much all Hoenn Pokemon in later games, including all of the wild Pokemon throughout the games, the starters, main legendaries, and the Latis in HG/SS, and the Regis in Platinum and B2W2. However, Deoxys and Jirachi are still R/S/E exclusives, but they're not nearly important enough to make a whole game over it and they sound like Pokemon you could just make an event out of. So it has nothing to do with getting access to the Pokemon.
4. It doesn't have anything to do with the graphics because it it did, there would also be an obligation to remake FR/LG. Releasing them side-by-side maybe? :o

I can't see them making one for any other factor besides money, but to be honest, I can actually see them releasing an R/S/E remake because EVERYBODY LOVES MONEY.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
3. However, Deoxys and Jirachi are still R/S/E exclusives, but they're not nearly important enough to make a whole game over it and they sound like Pokemon you could just make an event out of. So it has nothing to do with getting access to the Pokemon.

You're only wrong on this part. Both Jiranchi and Deoxys were released after Gen 3 for the other generation games. No Event Pokemon is exclusive to the generation they were originally made for. They carry over as wifi downloads in future games.

Deoxys was last released world wide for Gen 5 this year. May for those of us in the US and July for other countries like Spain and Germany....I actually think I missed this one D=

Jirachi was released world wide through Gamestop and Wifi for 4th Gen games in 2010. He got 5th Gen event release for Korea and Japan only.

Event Pokemon aren't exclusive to their home games and are only exclusive to event releases.

We may actually get a Gen 6 Jirachi if the Decora Arc that the Anime is going through doesn't end in the US before Gen 6 is out. If it does air, we can probably get a 5th Gen Jirachi before Gen 6 release.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Personally, as I've already stated in another thread, I'd prefer a B2/W2-esque sequel to Gen 3 than a remake.

Again, what if they eventually do both? Would you, in that light, guess which pair of games might come first?

FR/LG allowed you to catch one of them depending on your starter, plus all of them were available in Pokémon Colosseum... yeah, Gen 3 did require a lot of games to complete the Pokédex...

That's one of the only things that I don't like about Generation 3, especially because it's going to make me have to ask here on PCF in anybody near where I live who has Emerald and got the special Mew distribution would be willing to trade for something or to re-'Mystery Gift' me a copy of that distribution if it allowed that.

P.S.: I would like to restate the following:

Can we merge this discussion back into its rightful place in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread, please?

Also, I believe that any discussion of remakes for 3rd-generation games should take place in one thread, so can we also merge that FR/LG remake-speculation thread that I saw into the thread that I mentioned above and rename it to something like the 'Generation III Remake Speculation Thread?'

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
R.I.P Mudkip and Treecko. Those two will never see the light of day if MegaBlaziken is in R/S Remakes XD
Although there's no guarantees that Mudkip or Treecko will get megas this time around, if there were to hypothetically be RSE remakes, they'd probably attempt to release megas just as powerful as Blaziken's... (Key word: attempt. Dat speed boost OP.)

I think a Hoenn remake is completely unnecessary.

1. Pokemon R/S/E already fits into the Pokemon timeline. It occurs simultaneously with the beginning events in Kanto. Remaking it either adds nothing to the story line or just retells it which makes it nothing more than a filler.
2. R/S/E are compatible for transfer to all games 4th and up (and most likely 6th gen).
3. They've made it their duty to add pretty much all Hoenn Pokemon in later games, including all of the wild Pokemon throughout the games, the starters, main legendaries, and the Latis in HG/SS, and the Regis in Platinum and B2W2. However, Deoxys and Jirachi are still R/S/E exclusives, but they're not nearly important enough to make a whole game over it and they sound like Pokemon you could just make an event out of. So it has nothing to do with getting access to the Pokemon.
4. It doesn't have anything to do with the graphics because it it did, there would also be an obligation to remake FR/LG. Releasing them side-by-side maybe? :o

I can't see them making one for any other factor besides money, but to be honest, I can actually see them releasing an R/S/E remake because EVERYBODY LOVES MONEY.

For point 3, I believe that by the end of the entire 3rd generation (RSE/FRLG), all pokemon that were Johto native were obtainable, and yet GSC still got remakes. For point 4, I agree that if RSE gets remakes, that FRLG are bound to get remakes.

Regarding point 2, FRLG made it so that all pokemon that could not be obtained (due to nontransferability), yet we still got GSC remakes. Why should whether or not you can trade between a region be the reason why remakes are being made? If a person really missed the Typhlosion or Lugia they had in GSC, they could have obtained another in Emerald/FRLG. Whether or not a pokemon directly transfered "from Johto" or "from Kanto" on their summary is trivial.

And as for point 1, I think this is one of the strongest arguments against RSE remakes. I think it's very likely that the remakes occured simultaneously with the rest of their generations. But again, I think this reason is trivial to more important reasons.

Do you guys remember how much fans speculated and hyped for a GSC remake right after FRLG was released? I believe that it was the fans wanting them so badly that made HGSS come out. Although there's no where near as much hype from fans for RSE remakes, it's still there. HGSS got the snowball rolling, for more remakes to follow.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire reboot for 3DS...

That would be. just. awesome.

Should they do it?

Years
Reboot? Do you mean remake? Sure, it'd be cool, though I don't work at Game Freak so nobody knows what's going on apart from Game freak employees.

Sirfetch’d

As an avid fan of gen 3, I would reallly like to see this happen in the near future, but this has been speculated for many years now so really all we can do is wait and hope!

blue

gucci
Years
It is literally the top thing on my wishlist right now, but I know it's going to be sometime before we even hear of this.

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
. . . What would they call it? Blood Ruby and Tear Sapphire? I mean that lovingly, but I also kind of missed out because I lost the game when I first got it T-T

I suppose they could do it, though it would be slightly unnecessary. The 3rd gen is already pretty slick as it is, and doesn't really require that much of a huge reboot as, say, gen 2's original games. Sure, the 3D prospect is pretty alluring, but. . . It already seems modern enough. Will they do it? I suppose there's nothing stopping them, and I'm pretty sure a huge uprising will go against Game Freak if they don't do so. But will that create a chain? Will that suck Gen 4's remake into Gen 7's creation? Gen 5 into 8's? How far do you suspect we can go before we get all pooped out of graphical ideas and have absolutely no point in resurrecting past titles?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Gen 3 was my favorite, so I'd be absolutely stoked for this. ^-^ I recall a while ago that Junichi Masuda acknowledged the demand for a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Because of that message, it's probably likely that remakes will eventually come about. Maybe that project is currently in the works/planning stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back