• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
you're a champ for going through this to fix this on short notice, but for some reason the game wont open again. I checked the files for those "trov" files and they arent there as you said, so I think something else is causing the game to refuse to open when I hit the .exe file..

EDIT: I tried extracting the game files into a new folder and the game works now. You may need to update the post to include that in the instructions

Noted. Many thanks for all your help on these issues.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
its not a problem at all

EDIT: Noticed one small error with Copycat failing to copy a move. Specifically an oppoent's Bonsly failed to mirror my Furret's Thief attack using Copycat. You may need to check all moves ability to be copied by moves like Copycat (along with Me First and Mirror Move).

Last edited:
Years
its not a problem at all

EDIT: Noticed one small error with Copycat failing to copy a move. Specifically an oppoent's Bonsly failed to mirror my Furret's Thief attack using Copycat. You may need to check all moves ability to be copied by moves like Copycat (along with Me First and Mirror Move).

Those moves probably do need updating at some point, but Copycat indeed cannot copy Thief in the official games.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
awwww, I got to celadon city and then opened up saffron to get hiddenpower and my ivysaur doesnt have a good hiddenpower like Serrei's EV calculator said it should...I now have to wait forever for a ditto so I can breed a new bulbasaur for better IVs.

Also found my first shiny, a shiny kangaskahn in rock tunnel, but also a weak nature on top of it all. At least I was able to breed an epic torchic and catch a larvitar that by sheer luck has good nature and IVs (it helped defeat Surge after learning Dig) so I guess its not a total loss. Still annoying the Kangaskahn was a big letdown however.

I now need to know where I can find a Totodile. I assume they're around the sevii islands correct?

Years
awwww, I got to celadon city and then opened up saffron to get hiddenpower and my ivysaur doesnt have a good hiddenpower like Serrei's EV calculator said it should...I now have to wait forever for a ditto so I can breed a new bulbasaur for better IVs.

Also found my first shiny, a shiny kangaskahn in rock tunnel, but also a weak nature on top of it all. At least I was able to breed an epic torchic and catch a larvitar that by sheer luck has good nature and IVs (it helped defeat Surge after learning Dig) so I guess its not a total loss. Still annoying the Kangaskahn was a big letdown however.

I now need to know where I can find a Totodile. I assume they're around the sevii islands correct?

In future updates I'll likely include the option of modifying IVs and Natures somehow, so don't write them off just yet!

The Johto starters are currently unavailable, along with Ho-Oh, Lugia and Celebi.

Edit: I'm planning on including the Johto starters in the next content update. Hopefully I can finish it before I go away for a few weeks, but I won't promise anything.

Last edited:
Years
Bro I like it but I am a graphic dolphin a little bit it looks to much like the gba games I would at least make them look like the DS spirits. It your game so I cant say to much but I am to see an enhance version. thoughts on doing a expansion of your game like Red journey through the jhoto or hoenn regions

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Bro I like it but I am a graphic dolphin a little bit it looks to much like the gba games I would at least make them look like the DS spirits. It your game so I cant say to much but glad oro see an enhance ersion. thoughts on doing a expansion of your game like Red jiurney through the jhoto or hoenn regions

I know what you mean, especially since there are proper overworld sprites for Jessie and James out there.

Years
Bro I like it but I am a graphic dolphin a little bit it looks to much like the gba games I would at least make them look like the DS spirits. It your game so I cant say to much but glad oro see an enhance ersion. thoughts on doing a expansion of your game like Red jiurney through the jhoto or hoenn regions

Kanto took long enough; I'd have to go mad to do another region, much as I love Johto. I've considered upgrading to a Gen 4/5 aesthetic, but I'm still on the fence about it. I'd rather get the content in place first.

I know what you mean, especially since there are proper overworld sprites for Jessie and James out there.

Point me out some good quality, Gen 3 styled sprites that I can get permission for and I'll use them. I've not found any, and had resigned myself to eventually creating my own.

Last edited:
Years
I agree but we don't know what goes on in his life he might be to busy
Kanto took long enough; I'd have to go mad to do another region, much as I love Johto. I've considered upgrading to a Gen 4/5 aesthetic, but I'm still on the fence about it. I'd rather get the content in place first.

Point me out some good quality, Gen 3 styled sprites that I can get permission for and I'll use them. I've not found any, and had resigned myself to eventually creating my own.
Hey whatever work for you I am not trying to push you into it if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
fangame mod hack is good, you can change graphics to HD so great

i'll test hack of you and catching all pokemon in route so day/night system lol xD

This Route 1/2/22 pokemon location
rsfzjJG.png

I checking pokedex catch "Larvitar" in route 2/Diglett Cave how many rate?

Last edited:
Years
fangame mod hack is good, you can change graphics to HD so great

i'll test hack of you and catching all pokemon in route so day/night system lol xD

This Route 1/2/22 pokemon location

I checking pokedex catch "Larvitar" in route 2/Diglett Cave how many rate?
Thanks. We'll have to see about Gen 4/5 graphics. Might do a poll for it at some point. Not sure if people would prefer that over other features I have planned.

Larvitar appears with a 10% chance. Somebody (possibly me at some point) could write up an encounter list if they know how to read the PBS encounters.txt file.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
Thanks. We'll have to see about Gen 4/5 graphics. Might do a poll for it at some point. Not sure if people would prefer that over other features I have planned.

Larvitar appears with a 10% chance. Somebody (possibly me at some point) could write up an encounter list if they know how to read the PBS encounters.txt file.

Why don't have use "Cut"?
beZUUcV.png

I have 2 badges and learn "Cut" in pokemon "Furret", can have bug?

What is "PBS encounters.txt file" ?, i don't have can you send me?

P/s: And i ask ya, how to evol any pokemon without trade?

Last edited:
Years
Why don't have use "Cut"?

I have 2 badges and learn "Cut" in pokemon "Furret", can have bug?

What is "PBS encounters.txt file" ?, i don't have can you send me?

P/s: And i ask ya, how to evol any pokemon without trade?

These questions except for the encounters are answered in the overview on the first page. Lot of information there though I'll admit:

The Cut thing isn't a bug. Overworld moves are removed and an item replaces HM functionality instead, like in Sun and Moon.

The encounters.txt file is a file the game uses to determine encounters for each map. You'll be able to see every wild encounter, but unless you know how to read it you won't know the encounter rates. I can upload it somewhere when I'm in later.

You can buy a Link Cable in Celadon to induce trade evolutions.

Years
I absolutely love this game, I'm quite close to beating it. Good job man! :D
Do you intend to have all 807 Pokémon available?

Years
I absolutely love this game, I'm quite close to beating it. Good job man! :D
Do you intend to have all 807 Pokémon available?

Thanks! Does wonders for the ego, but don't hold back with any criticisms either. Yes, the plan is to eventually have all 807. There'll be another new batch in the next update I have lined up.

Years
Added some extra content for v0.3. Hopefully y'all enjoy it. This will be the last content patch for a while, as I'm off on holiday for a few weeks.

I've got a day or two to patch any bugs, but after that there will be no updates while I'm away. I might check in here periodically to answer any questions, but it will likely be infrequent. Enjoy!

Edit: I've written up an encounters list for the game. If you don't mind being spoiled (or just don't read too far ahead), here you go.

Last edited:
Back