• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I always pictured it as defeating the toughest trainer in the game. So I always beat Steven when I do emerald.

And as for the solos, sometimes I get lazy and don't deposit my HM slaves, but I don't buy revives, so i basically lose either way if my solo Pokemon faints. Some people play that you can switch to HM Slaves to revive/heal your main Pokemon, but I never do. The solo challenge isn't just "deal all damage with one Pokemon" its "only use one Pokemon"

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
I was thinking about a challenge where you can only use middle-stage Pokemon. Sure, it seems like an easier version of the unevolved challenge, but there's the Duo-species challenge... Just throwing it out there.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
If I am not mistaken in believing I can post challenge ideas on this thread, then here is my idea for a Pokemon Chess Challenge.
So far, rules are as follows:
Spoiler:

I would really appreciate any feedback on what might go wrong with a challenge like this, before I try it out myself after my LG Nuzlocke.
Thanks in advance.

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
If I am not mistaken in believing I can post challenge ideas on this thread, then here is my idea for a Pokemon Chess Challenge.
So far, rules are as follows:
Spoiler:

I would really appreciate any feedback on what might go wrong with a challenge like this, before I try it out myself after my LG Nuzlocke.
Thanks in advance.
Woah, it's a pretty neat idea you've got there mister. :) it's nice but did I get the 11th rule right: So you can't be overleveled? other than that, that's an awesome idea. You should post it as a challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think we had a Chess Challenge long ago actually. Or well, someone had been talking about it. ALSO. I finished my Christian Challenge. :D I'll soon be looking for another challenge to do on Emerald, after I catch all the legendaries to migrate to Platinum so that they can go off to gen V for the Pokedex lol. I might not decide to do a challenge though and instead just run through the game with Pokemon I have never used or haven't used in years. ...I think there's a challenge like that...HM.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I was thinking about a challenge where you can only use middle-stage Pokemon. Sure, it seems like an easier version of the unevolved challenge, but there's the Duo-species challenge... Just throwing it out there.

That wouldn't be too bad. A lot of middle evolution Pokémon are forgotten. It'd be nice to use them once in a while.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Hey, anyone who was around when I did remember that Platinum favorite challenge of mine ? The one in which I named my Pokemon after you guys ?
...Anyone ?

Well, whatever. Either way, it did what BW didn't do : get me back into Pokemon.
And so did Pokemon Emerald, which I'm doing a normal playthrough of.
And by the way, I lost Pokemon SoulSilver this Summer in Tenerife. :[ Forgot it in the hotel room. I hope whoever finds it has a DS and realizes that it was a Nuzlocke.

Aaaand, who here has a 3DS ? :D

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I got a 3DS :D. And it is a shame you lost your SS, how were you going on that? :(

Well, I was carrying all my DS games in a DS retail game case. I lent my SS to my little brother since he wanted a Wi-Fi fight. Of course he lost, I was in Ecruteak and was doing a Nuzlocke. When he gave it back to me, I was playing something else and told him to leave it on my bed. I lost it and wasn't able to find it. :(

11wildy

Me!
Years
Oh that sucks :(. Will you do another Nuzlocke? I am currently doing a Crystal nuzlocke, on the nuzlocke forum, with screenshots and a little bit of a plot :D

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I'm really short of time here... as I said, if I had time, I would, but right now I can't. Oh well... at least I managed to get together and return here. :D

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I had a idea were you playtrough a game using no Items only poké balls are allowed.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

I was thinking about that too. There are a lot of great middle evolution Pokemon. :)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years

I was thinking about that too. There are a lot of great middle evolution Pokemon. :)

I know, but the first one who comes to my mind is Dragonair. It's probably the only species whose middle evolution I prefer over its last. Don't take me wrong ; Dragonite is awesome too, but it just looks really odd compared to its awesome preevolutions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Finally done with my Valentine's Challenge. I've been QUITE bored with Pokemon so now I'm looking for something else to do. I've been thinking about doing one where I can only use Pokemon that evolve a special way other than JUST a stone. Like, i.e. Aipom to Ambipom, or how Snorunt must be female with a Dawn Stone to evolve to Froslass. I might sign up for one of the threads, though.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone...
Im back after an unusually long "Im bored of pokemon" break to what sounds like a rather lazy sub-forum (Or is that just the moderator? :P)
I can't even remember what challenges i was doing, but Im back with a new nuzlocke because i need something to do in the bus, and Ive played the Legend of Zelda Minish Cap through twice in the last 2 weeks :/

Does anyone even remember me? Otherwise: Hello everyone, Im Jespoke! :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know, but the first one who comes to my mind is Dragonair. It's probably the only species whose middle evolution I prefer over its last. Don't take me wrong ; Dragonite is awesome too, but it just looks really odd compared to its awesome preevolutions.

No, I totally agree! I love majestic blue snakes with beads on their tails more than I love yellow Barneys with tiny wings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back