• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] dragons winter

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
My God!!!!!! That was a really long post. Well, I made this thread in hope to get comments like that (I don't get alot on deviantart...). well now,
where you said Latias wrighs forty kilos, and that i should be realistic, yea 2 things.
1. she weighs 88pounds
2.it is realistic. if you read the rest of the story than you will find out why.

ok, about the plot: the part about the legendaries being attacked, it was a surprise attack and its winter, meaning: cold, meaning: dragons are weaker (and dragons have to eat during winter too, thats why they were out), the ice-types were hiding and attacked fom behind the bushes, Latias was instantly frozen, and Latios had no idea where the attack had come from. About the boy helping, who wouldnt? And it is winter, those two Lati's live in that area, and with winter comes snow, and with snow comes ice-type pokemon, thats why they are in the same area.

i will now post the prolugue and ch.1 of Dragns Spring.
-------------
Dragons Spring
-------------

Prologue

Legend says that a powerful being will rise and defeat a great evil with the blade "Cunamio", meaning tidal eave, a blade that possesses the power to drown an enemy from the slightest scratch. After the evil is defeated, a greater more powerful evil will awaken and control the mind and body of the first. This can only travel in pure darkness and shadows. It can get dark pokemon to do its bidding at a thought. No one knows what this evil looks like or what it is, but this evil cannot be defeated only by blade but by the power of light. It cowers in fear of light and lives in the deepest bowels of the earth. It is said that it can all but put out the darkness, and as the days get longer and spring grows near it becomes weaker. This beast can never truly be killed, at least not yet, but it has been defeated before by a man who went by the name of Eni. Eni and his friend a Lucario were able to defeat the evil, but only by sacrificing themselves. After its master died, the blade, "Cunamio" disappeared until needed again when the evil once more becomes whole. The blade hides in the deepest crevice of the ocean, by the pits of lava where it was forged. When the evil arises once more the blade seeks a new master and floats off. . The carrier of the blade faces many dangers, betrayals and friendships; many are killed before they know that they have been chosen by the sword to defeat the evil. Shadows have always been dangerous places, anything could lurk in the darkness, lives have been lost in them, but they are especially dangerous for the one who carries the blade and the carriers friends, for the evil always searches for the perfect time to strike from the darkness…

Now as winter ends and spring begins, the evil awakes, ready to enshroud the planet in darkness before summer arrives.
-----------
Ch1

Andrew sat on the beach staring at the waves as they crashed against the shore. A dragon with a body that was top half white and bottom half red, and had a blue triangle on its chest and had golden eyes and a pentagon on her head lay on the boys lap. Behind him a dragon similar to the red one but blue and with red eyes and an oval on its head and a red triangle on its chest lay sleeping on the sand. A large pokemon lay next to the boy, it was white with blue spikes on its back, and tail, and around its eyes were blue diamonds.

The breeze whipped Andrew's dirty blonde hair around his face.

The red dragon, latias, sighed. "I wish we could stay here forever" she thought to Andrew. The blue dragon, latios, stirred.

"It is nice here", he sighed contently.

<I can stay here forever> the large white pokemon, a Lugia called Luni said. Andrew glared at her. <I didn't mean to brag,> she said.

"I could stay here forever if I wished too, but I wont." The boy said as latios floated next to him. Andrew began to rub the blue pokemons neck.

"Why not?" latias asked. Andrew unsheathed his sword, 'Cunamio'

"This sword is why; I learned the legend when I was very young."

Andrew informed them. "It states that the bearer of the sword must fight the evil, that it chooses its bearer." he continued, "that Mightyena we saw last month, it was sent by the evil."

"How do you know this, it might have just been scavenging." Latios said.

<It wasn't just scavenging, I could smell its fear of something, darker and greater than it> a voice said. Andrew turned around to face the forest.

"Typhlosion!" Andrew greeted the tan and blue pokemon. "Did you find any food?" he asked.

<you'd be surprised at how many Swablu and Altaria live here, I got a lot of eggs." The pokemon said.

<Eggs are good.> Luni said, <but I'm going to need, I don't know, 3 Altaria, not just some eggs.> she said as Typhlosion laid the eggs on a large rock. Andrew gently pushed latias off his lap, sheathed Cunamio, and started to gather fire wood. After he had made a good sized pile, he called Typhlosion over.

"Let's have some heat, shall we?" the boy said. Typhlosion let a jet of flame from its mouth and the wood instantly began to burn. "Thank you." Andrew said and got a small pan out from his bag and cracked some eggs over it. All the pokemon looked at it disgustingly.

"I know all of you would rather have meat, so I'll be right back." Andrew said and a small quiver appeared on his back, and he was suddenly holding a bow. He wandered into the woods.

<Be back before dark!> Luni called after him, < I get very hungry very quickly.> after he was gone she whispered <Umbreon, go with him, make sure he isn't late.> a black doglike pokemon with yellow rings around its body materialized from her shadow.

<Yes my lady.> it said sarcastically and wandered into the shadows of the trees where it once again disappeared.

<I'm going to go swimming.> latios said and dove into the ocean.

<Wait for me!> latias said and dove in after her older brother.

<I'm guessing you're going to jump in now?>Typhlosion asked Luni.

<no, my foot still hurts and when I crashed, I landed on my wing funny, so it hurts to fly and even more to swim.> she replied. <how about… wait, sorry stupid question, you're a->

<a fire type, yes I know.> Typhlosion finished. <If I didn't die from just being completely submerged, I would drown, I can't swim and I don't plan to learn.>

<So how did you meet Andrew?> Luni asked to change the subject.

<He saved me from a Feraligatr when I was just a little Cyndaquil, I made the bad choice of wandering to close to the river, and it decided to jump out at me.> Typhlosion said.

Luni nodded her head thoughtfully, and they just sat there watching the sunset and latios and latias chase each other through the waves. Latios then seemed to disappear. Luni was laying really close to the shore and she was suddenly hit in the face with salty spray. She loked at where the water had come from but nothing was there. Then there was a shimmer and latios was there, a childish grin on his face.

<I'm going to get you for that!> Luni laughed and splashed latios with her good wing from a small tide pool that she was close to.

<If there are going to be water wars, I'm going to just walk away.> Typhlosion said and backed off a few feet. <I can drink it I just can't be hit by it>

Latias then appeared behind latios and splashed him in the face, for a moment he just stared stupidly then realized what had happened and began to chase her again. Andrew then walked out of the woods, a Stantler and two Altaria flung over his shoulder.

"Dinner time!" he called out and all the pokemon came to him, except for Luni who tried to getup but wobbled on her injured foot and collapsed.

"Its ok, I'll bring the food to you, the Stantler is all yours." He said and laid the deer like pokemon in front of her. That night they all feasted, but two more pairs of eyes watched them hungrily. They would be their meals soon enough, but now they melted into the shadows and ran off, they had business to do.
-------------
ok, i know there are probabl spelling, grammar and capitalization issues, but am jus copying and pasting this from a word file. i do edit some partsf it thogh, so enjoy.

Last edited:
Years
where you said Latias wrighs forty kilos, and that i should be realistic, yea 2 things.
1. she weighs 88pounds
2.it is realistic. if you read the rest of the story than you will find out why.

Ehm, yeah, 88 pounds equals about forty kilo. I'm not used to dealing with pounds, so I converted it for myself. It's the same weight.

So, basically, he's some sort of special kid with superpowers, or something? That isn't helping your cause any. In fact, it only makes it worse. Instead of having a kid who makes light of something that should be very difficult, you have a kid with superpowers who is amazingly strong. That's not good.

ok, about the plot: the part about the legendaries being attacked, it was a surprise attack and its winter, meaning: cold, meaning: dragons are weaker (and dragons have to eat during winter too, thats why they were out), the ice-types were hiding and attacked fom behind the bushes, Latias was instantly frozen, and Latios had no idea where the attack had come from. About the boy helping, who wouldnt? And it is winter, those two Lati's live in that area, and with winter comes snow, and with snow comes ice-type pokemon, thats why they are in the same area.

First of all, if you have to explain this to me outside of your story, then it's clear that you should edit the initial chapter. It's obvious that what you intended to portray isn't clear, because otherwise I would have seen it in the first place.

Second, this still doesn't explain half of the things I mentioned. Legendaries being in cold surroundings - it must have been really cold, which you didn't really talk about - doesn't make them incompetent. They would still be legendaries.

Who wouldn't help? Is he going to keep the dragon pokémon from attacking other pokémon for food, then? They'd need to eat, right? Also, his pokémon, did he attack any to catch them? Does he think that nature works only for those he likes? It's very typical of people to be completely okay with their favourites attacking other pokémon, but not others attacking their favourites. Why shouldn't the ice-pokémon attack the dragons? It's nature, what's wrong with that?

zapdos926

Years
^(not Krystalin) holy crap! The kid isn't even human!

To everything else, I have nothing to say...

an new for chapter two...
--------

CH.2

Lucas approached the chasm. "My lord, scouts have found where the boy and his companions are," he said, "Do we have permission to kill?" a deep rumble resounded from the deepest corners of the pit.

"Yes my lord, but they are ready for blood, they are becoming restless." The man said. A louder seemingly angrier rumble came from within. "Yes, I completely understand my lord. Salamence, its time to fly." the man said with a frown. A light blue dragon with large red wings came from the darkness, and Lucas jumped onto its back. The large dragon crawled out of the cave, and began to fly. As he flew Honchkrow and Murkrow joined him. At least 400 of the bird like pokemon flew with him to the island just west of the island where he once kept his armies. The boy would be completely unsuspecting of the assault.

- - - - - - - - - - -

As Latias looked out over the ocean she noticed a swarm of black dots approaching the island.

<What are those?> she asked Andrew in her dialect. It would take some getting used to though.

"Well I can tell you this much, they're not Wingull." He said, a slight amount of fear in his voice which worried all of his companions, he was never scared.
<What's wrong?> Typhlosion asked, smelling more than seeing the boys fear.

"The reason I was not harmed while fighting last month, was because they were using human made swords. I can only be wounded by one of their weapons here" Andrew explained and motioned to his chest, none of the pokemon had known this.

"But those pokemon are here to kill or capture, I can be wounded any where by a pokemon." He shuddered as if a bad memory had returned to him.

<Those black dots are getting closer> Umbreon noted. Andrew nodded.

"Luni, can you fight?" the boy asked.

<Of course, just because I cant move doesn't mean I can't attack.> she replied as though it was obvious.

"Ok, well the every one prepare for a large fight." Andrew said shakily, and drew Cunamio. The pokemon all nodded and prepared for a battle. The flock of what seemed to be Murkrow and Honchkrow now approached. The flock of birds all dive bombed the travelers at the same time. Five Honchkrow and a massive group of Murkrow attacked Andrew. In a flurry of twists and slashes, all of the birds fell to the ground some of them seemingly untouched others decapitated. Latios and Latias were fighting back to back, slashing at the black birds with sharp claws, and occasionally letting a beam of light loose from their mouths. Typhlosion was fighting with Luni, he toasting 10 to 20 at a time and Luni knocking large groups to the ground and then obliterating them with a blast from her mouth. Umbreon letting bits of dark energy burst from his mouth.

Latios and Latias' eyes suddenly began to glow, the sky darkened and a group of meteors colored blue, purple, red and every color in between fell from the sky. Andrew barely avoided being hit by one and jumped out of the way just as one hit the ground. Each time a meteor came it took out at least twenty of the Honchkrow and Murkrow at once. The two dragons' eyes stopped glowing and the meteors both in the sky and on the ground disappeared. By the time the meteor storm was over, one lone Murkrow was left, which Typhlosion quickly burnt to a crisp. The last thing in the sky Andrew saw was a man atop a Salamence flying away.

"What was that?!" Andrew asked the two dragons, who looked as startled at the meteor shower and new found power as the rest of the group did.

<I have no idea> they said in unison.

"Well next time watch where they land, I was almost crushed!" Andrew said with a laugh. Latios noticed a large cut across the boys arm and shoulder that was bleeding.

"You're hurt." Latios said deep concern in his voice.

"I'm thankful for your worry, but right now I'm more worried about you." Andrew said as he noticed a scratch also stretching along Typhlosions chest, and a cut that ran the length of latios' neck on the blue and white dragon. Luni, Umbreon and Latias didn't seem hurt.

"Both of you come here." Andrew motioned towards Latios and Typhlosion, who obeyed. The boy examined the scratch on Typhlosions chest.

"Well, it's not bleeding and it's not deep." Andrew said. He then looked at Latios' wound; when he lifted his hands his finger tips were sticky with blood. He also looked at the blue dragons back.

"Well, you seem to more badly wounded, than Typhlosion, but you'll be fine." Andrew said a look of relief on his face. Andrew then called Latias over and examined her neck, checking to make sure that a previous wound hadn't re-opened. The boy went to his pack and pulled out a small jar containing green liquid. Andre opened the jar and rubbed some of the potion on Latios' neck, then Typhlosions scratch, then his own wound.

<Is anyone else as hungry as I am?> Umbreon asked. The group just stared at him and then burst out laughing at the extremely random comment.

<Wow, that sounds like something I would say.> Luni sighed after calming down.

"Looks like I'm going hunting again." Andrew said and was once again holding his bow and the quiver was around his neck once more. He wandered into the woods, but this time Luni didn't send Umbreon with him, she had fallen asleep. Typhlosion built another fire since the first one was put out by a meteor. He then just sat there, staring intently into the flames.

<What are you looking at?> latios asked. Typhlosion jumped and latios smiled.

<Sorry if I startled you.> he said with a laugh. The blue dragon settled on his back claws and stared at the flames.

<I can see things that will happen in the future, or have happened in the past in flames.> Typhlosion said. Latios looked at him in disbelief. <The images are very brief, but I can see a full hour of something in 3 seconds.> he continued.

<so what are you seeing right now?> latios asked, curiosity and fascination in his voice.

<I see pain, and suffering, I can see us, our group, enjoying ourselves.>Typhlosion said as if hypnotized, his voice dull. <someone is dieing now, I can't tell who though. Andrew is talking to you now, very seriously, something bad has happened.> Typhlosion finished. He looked at Latios who was staring at him thoughtfully.

<It's an interesting ability, does Andrew know about it?>

Typhlosion looked down, <no,> he said. < I have seen horrible images, of him dieing, of him killing, I have seen him when he was young, not yet with his power, being thrashed by someone larger than he.>. Night had fallen and Latias and Umbreon were curled up by the fire and had since fallen asleep.

"Can you use telepathy, I don't want to wake them" latios thought to him and motioned to the two pokemon. To Latios' surprise, Typhlosion answered in thought.

"Yes." Typhlosion replied. "Not very good though, very hard for me." He continued. Just then Latios yawned.

"I'm very tired." He said and lie down next to the fire, head under his wing and began to snore softly. Typhlosion knew that he should probably keep watch since he was still awake. The soft breathing of the pokemon around him made him tired; he tossed a few more onto the fire and fell into a deep sleep, sitting upright. About an hour later Andrew returned.

"These things are so hard to find at night but easy to kill." He muttered to himself as he approached the fire with 3 Stantler across his shoulders. He lay the three pokemon down and noticed that his companions had all fallen asleep. He noticed Typhlosion was grunting in his sleep, he was having a nightmare. He patted the pokemon on the back a few times and Typhlosion stopped. Andrew wandered to the rest of his companions. He rubbed latias' neck for a second and she flinched when he toughed one of the tooth marks in her neck but quickly relaxed again. He moved all the dead Honchkrow and Murkrow to the forest and lay down by the fire after putting some blankets over all the pokemon and lay one down for him to sleep on. He soon fell into a deep dreamless slumber.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"Our attack didn't work out as planned, my lord." Lucas said trying to hide his fear. He knew the punishment for incompetence was brutal. A calm roar came from deep within the chasm.

"Yes my lord, I will accompany them once morning comes, I would like to take part in the killing of the boy, your world of darkness will soon arrive." Another roar came from within. A large group of 200 Mightyena came out of the shadows. They followed Lucas out into the night, Salamence keeping any stragglers with the group. Once they exited the cave a group of 100 black Gallade came from either side of the entrance. The large group waited for about 10 minutes and another flock of about 300 Honchkrow came from the sky followed by about 20 black and silver Dragonite, each carrying two large baskets to transport the large group of pokemon. Lucas rode in front on his Salamence and the Honchkrow flanked the transport Dragonite on all sides. As the large group flew into the night Lucas knew it would take more than this to get any information out of the boy.

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
jeez, i atleast get one comment in three days... oh well

here is ch. 3, this one is kind of sad, beware...
-----------
ch.3

As Andrew woke up he noticed something was wrong. No birds were calling, there was no rustling on the forest floor, and everything was unusually still. Andrew knew what this meant; every time they came nothing moved or made a sound.

"Wake up, they're here" Andrew said to his companions. One by one they slowly woke up, starting with Umbreon and ending in Typhlosion. There was a flash of light and Andrew was no longer standing there. In his place was a long green dragon with black and yellow eyes, and a stream lined body. Typhlosion quickly climbed onto its back. Luni still could not fly or walk so Andrew helped her onto his back as well. Umbreon rode on latios and the group took off. Once again, just as the group took off, a group of pokemon, Gallade came out of the forest. But these Gallade were much different then any others Andrew had ever seen. These ones were black where they should be green and grey where they should be white. All of them had a strap around its shoulders holding 30 throwing knives each. One of them even had a couple of small throwing axes. Out of the trees then came a large flock of Honchkrow, and only Honchkrow.

Andrew looked at Typhlosion with one yellow eye and the blue and tan pokemon understood. The Rayquaza knocked at least 50 out with his large tail and Typhlosion toasted another 50 with a flame larger than any he had ever produced. Andrew let loose a powerful hyper beam which cut through the ranks of Honchkrow, incinerating at least 100 of the birds.

<Flee!> he roared to latios and latias, who reluctantly obeyed and flew off too a near isle. Andrew was still being swarmed by Honchkrow, and throwing knives started whistling past his head. Typhlosion was doing his best to keep the black birds away, but couldn't get enough. The black pokemon repeatedly dive bombed them. Typhlosion suddenly burst into flame, the heat was so intense that Andrew flinched even through his Rayquaza forms' thick skin. Every Honchkrow that came within 10 feet of Andrew instantly caught fire and plummeted, sometimes taking other Honchkrow with it, sometimes catching a Gallade on fire as well. Luni was only kept alive by her own small amount of power to create a personal defensive shield. Eventually all the Honchkrow were gone, but there were still at least 50 Gallade left, and Typhlosion was too weak after his flame fest to do anything else.

An ax came whistling past his head, and then a barrage of knives. Then another group of 20 Gallade came out of the trees, each holding a bow, and a quiver around its neck. The arrows were already knocked and the projectiles kept on missing him by only a foot. Then another barrage of projectiles, this time axes only came at him. He managed to evade almost all of them without his passengers falling off, but Andrew heard a grunt of pain from his back and looked back with one eye. Typhlosion had been hit in the back with an axe, and was starting to fall off.

<Luni!> he yelled and the young Lugia caught the pokemon by the skin of his neck.

<I've got him!> she yelled back slightly muffled by the pokemon in her mouth. Andrew quickly flew off in the direction that latios and latias had gone. He finally saw a small island and the two dragons and Umbreon were staring at the sky, waiting for him. Andrew landed, gently got Luni and Typhlosion off and in a flash of light, Andrew was back in his human form. Umbreon looked closer at Typhlosion, who hadn't moved since Andrew had set him down and saw the small axe wedged in his back.

<Not good.> he said blankly. Latios and Latias followed the doglike pokemons gaze and saw what wasn't good.

<oh no!> Latias said, shock and despair in her voice. Latios just stared at the axe in Typhlosions back. Andrew immediately went to work on the small axe. It was wedged in relatively tightly, for them flying, and the Gallade standing still. Andrew was finally able to get the axe out of Typhlosions back. he quickly inspected the tip and found that it wasn't poisoned. Andrew felt along the blue and tan pokemons side and found two ribs that had seemingly been cut in half from the axe. When Andrew gently pushed in on one of the ribs to see if it had damaged anything vital Typhlosion opened his eyes in pain.

<My stomach!> he yelled and lay back down breathing hard.

"Sorry, sorry" Andrew said. "Are you breathing ok?" he asked when he saw that the right side of his chest seemed to rising higher then the left when he breathed.

<Hard-to-breath> he muttered and coughed up blood.

"One of his lungs isn't working." Andrew said a deep sadness in his voice.

<He'll be ok.> latias said, hoping to make him feel a bit better.

"No, he wont, this has happened before." Andrew said quietly. "I was trying to help a young Articuno; it had accidentally been shot with an arrow, through its chest. Suddenly he was reliving the moment, but his friends were still with him, he didn't know how he was doing it so he just watched what had happened 10 years ago unfold in front of his eyes once more.

He saw the young Articuno, lying on its side, an arrow in its chest. He saw himself then trying to pull the arrow out of its chest, but it wouldn't budge. When he finally got the arrow out, the beautiful blue feathers that the bird had were stained a dark red, and one side of its chest wasn't moving. Andrew now looked into the bird's eye, which were saying thank you in the best way it could. But he bird was looking at the past version of the boy. The young Articunos' eyes closed, and it took its last breath. Then they were back on the island. Typhlosion was still breathing, heavily, but breathing. Latios and latias wore extremely sad expressions. Luni looked horrified, and Umbreon showed no emotion what so ever.

"I don't want that to happen again, but I can only delay the inevitable." Andrew said. "He will die, no matter what I do." The boy started sobbing.

<You can't- save everyone.> Typhlosion gasped. He was still lying on his stomach, but he was talking. <You saved me all those years ago, when I was small, and I never got- to truly thank- you> the dieing pokemon continued. <so now, thank you, for everything. You were the best friend- I could have ever had.> Typhlosion closed his eyes, never to open them again. Latias had begun to cry also, Latios had remained to keep his posture, and bowed his head, Umbreon still showed no emotion, but he too bowed his head.

<He cared a lot about you.> Luni said. She too began crying. Andrew sat next to Typhlosion holding the body of his friend and cried, he then reached around Typhlosions neck and he removed a small pendant from around his neck. Nobody had known about the pendant, and they were surprised that it had gone unnoticed by all of them for more than a month. Andrew wrapped his hand around the pendant. It was gleaming silver, and had one yellow gem in the middle. Latias went to the boy and hugged him. He gently pushed her away and rubbed his eyes.

Andrew put the pendant in his bag, and there was a flash of light and there was a Sand slash in his place. The small pokemon began digging a hole and when he was done, he turned back into a human form and picked up his friend. He then set the corpse into the hole.

"You stayed with me through thick and thin, and you defended me when needed, we helped each other..." Andrew trailed off. He began to fill the hole with his hands. He then took a bag from his pack and opened it. It was filled with seeds which he proceeded to plant into the ground. As soon as the seeds were planted flowers sprouted into full bloom. When all the seeds were planted, they were in the exact shape and color of Typhlosion.

It was latios' turn to cry. They had become friends in the short period of time he knew him. A small tear came from his eye but no more.

"May the tied never wash you away." Andrew said and a small wave crashed over the flowers but didn't actually hit them. The water seemed to roll over the flowers like a shield was over top of them. Andrew, satisfied, walked into the woods. His companions knew he hadn't gone hunting, but they just sat in silence around the grave of their lost friend. Dark eyes were again watching them, but Andrew had sneaked up behind the intruder without him noticing. The intruder was a Gallade, and it was equipped with throwing axes. Andrew plunged his sword through its chest.

"These are personal matters, you neednt be here." He said angrily.

<Your friend is dead, who will you trust now?> the black and grey pokemon said slyly and crumpled to the ground.

About an hour later Andrew came back to the beach to find his friends sleeping in a circle around Typhlosions grave. Luni was the first to wake.

"It's my fault he died; if I had told him to leave all those years ago he would still be alive." Andrew said to her which startled the young Lugia since his back was turned to her.

<No, it's your fault he lived as long as he did.> she said. <If you hadn't saved him from that Feraligatr all those years ago he would have died then.> Andrew jumped, he had apparently been talking to himself.

"He told you?" he said, slightly surprised.

<yes, he was more grateful then you know. He believed he owed his life to you.> Luni continued.

"Well, that would mean I am in charge of keeping him alive." Andrew said angrily, his back still turned.

<you heard what he said, 'you can't save everyone'." Luni said.

"No, but I can always try." Andrew said and his shoulders started shaking and he began once more to cry.

<You did your best to save him, you were his best friend.> latias said as she woke up. She floated up and once more tried to comfort him. This time Andrew didn't push her away.

zapdos926

Years
well, here is le next chapter

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!!!... sorry i has been obsessed with ROFL copters recently...

------------
CH.4

Lucas was looking through a globe that showed him everything that the Gallade saw and heard everything it heard, when it suddenly went dark. Lucas had gotten the needed information though. The flaming demon that had almost killed him was dead. Because of this Lucas knew that the boy, or what ever he was, would be more cautious, but would do anything to get back at Lucas.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Orin hoped that the boy was okay, from what he had heard more than a month ago was that he would probably be going up against an army of men. Orin had promised to keep the secret of Andrew's powers from everyone. He hadn't told his wife or his children, although the story would probably amuse them. He would tell them in a few years once they were older and whatever might happen has blown through, and with permission from Andrew. He had also hoped that the boy had been able to rescue his friends and that latios' sister hadn't been killed.

All of these things he thought about as he was coming home late one night after gathering fire wood. He went to the small stable he and his family owned to check on the Ponyta and Rapidash. All of the horses like pokemon were moving nervously about in their stables. When he approached his small cottage in the outskirts of his village he heard a voice that he didn't know talking to his wife. Orin looked through the window to see a black clad figure holding two small battle axes and that was accompanied by two Mightyena.

"I'm telling you he never told me of any boy with any power!" Orin's wife basically screamed at the man. His 7 year old son and daughter were both cowering behind their mother. He couldn't see the two oldest. Orin walked to the door on the other side of the house and walked in. he saw no signs that the man and his Mightyena were there.

He walked into the kitchen where he had seen his wife talking to the man. He wasn't there, but his wife was.

She was lying on the floor, her throat ripped out. He looked for his two youngest and found them in the same state in a room adjoining the kitchen, they had tried to run but the Mightyena had gotten to them first. He walked dup the stairs, tears in his eyes. He went to his oldest sons' room, tomorrow would have been his thirteenth birthday Orin thought as he saw the child laying on the bed one bare foot hanging of the edge. He pulled the covers off his son to reveal that he had been stabbed. He then walked into the room of his eldest daughter who was 14.

As Orin walked into the room he feared what he would see, but there was nothing anywhere. No blood, no nothing. A movement came from inside the closet. His daughter peered out.

"Father?" she said uncertainly.

"Yes, I'm here." Orin said.

"It was horrible!" she yelled and ran to her father who held her tight. "They jumped into Javins room and I got away and hid." She cried.

"Yes, I know, I saw all of it, its okay Aalina, everything will be alright. He comforted his daughter. He then remembered the conversation that his wife had been having with the man. He had no idea how they even knew he was told the story. He tried to think back to that night a month ago. The only ones there were himself, his Rapidash, the boy, and latios. He thought harder and remembered hearing a Noctowl during his conversation with Andrew. Orin also remembered seeing the Noctowl as he rode home. This one though, was different. Orin remembered it now. The bird had been black and silver.

"I need to tell you something." Orin said to his still sobbing daughter.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Latios had woken up and remembered what happened the day before. He remembered his conversation with Typhlosion and almost cried. What Typhlosion saw in his vision in the flames about someone dieing, it had been him. Latios remembered the rest of what Typhlosion had seen in the fire. Andrew then walked up to the blue and white dragon.

"I need to speak to you." The boy said.

<yes, what about?> latios asked although he already knew.

"Typhlosion" the boy said, but this time into latios' head. Latios looked at the grave.

"I need to ask you something first." Latios thought to the boy in return.

"Ok, ask." Andrew said.

"What was that pendant that was around Typhlosions neck?" Latios asked. "I never saw it before yesterday."

"That pendant belonged to Rayquaza. I gave it to Typhlosion when he was a Quilava because he reminded me of Rayquaza." Andrew said and latios just nodded. Andrew pulled out the small necklace, the small gem glinting in the sun. Latios noticed now that the gem was in the shape of a flame, and the pendant itself looked like a water droplet. Latios was about to ask why when Andrew seemingly read his mind and answered.

"It's shaped like this to represent that even opposites can work together, that they can help each other and get along." The boy said. "I'm not going to let anyone else I know or care about die the way Typhlosion and Rayquaza did." He clenched his fist tight around the pendant.

"One more thing, Typhlosion saw himself dieing." Latios said.

"What?" Andrew said in surprise.

"He told me that he had the ability to see things that have happened or will happen." Latios let this sink in and continued. "He didn't know that it was himself dieing though, he said the image was to blurry."

"Did he tell you why he didn't tell me?" Andrew asked, slightly angry that the pokemon he trusted more than his life with hadn't told him this.

"Yes" Latios answered, "He said he had seen you dieing, and killing. He saw you being beaten by someone larger than you." Andrew shuddered and began reliving the moment, but this time it was only with Latios.

The dragon saw that he was under water watching Andrew as a young Kyogre being attacked by another, much larger Kyogre that Latios took to be Andrew's father. The young whale was just sitting there, defenseless against his own father, who was launching wave after wave of attacks and sometimes literal underwater waves. The vision then stopped, and Andrew and Latios were back on the island. All of their friends except Luni had woken up and seemed to be searching for them.

<We're right here!> latios called out to them.

<Where have you been, it's been three hours!> latias said worriedly as she came up to them.

"Three hours!?" both boy and dragon said in unison.

zapdos926

Years
well.... here is ch.5 maybe, one day, i'll be posting the chapters here at th same time i post on deviant art (if i procrastinate for a reallly long time).

And Krys, i swear you are the only perso whohas posted more than once and actually read what ive posted. Silawen posted twice but from what i could tell, he only read ch.1, making you te only known (to me) loyal reader ;)

well.... here is ch.5
----------------
CH.5

<Yes, we all woke up and just thought you had gone hunting, but that wouldn't make sense because there are still Stantler here so we got worried.> Latias said, relief that they were here in her voice.

<But it only lasted about three minutes!> latios said, confused. Andrew seemed to be thinking about this.

"I guess when we enter one of my memories, time is distorted, making each minute in the memory an hour here…" Andrew trailed off. "Typhlosion had been alive for two extra hours when we had entered the memory about the Articuno." Andrew then just walked over to Typhlosions grave and sat there.

Andrew sat next to the grave over the course of the next week, only moving when he needed to eat drink, or find more food. After a week his friends became worried. Latias approached him with all of their thoughts.

<Why do you do this?> she asked.

"He did it for me once, I am repaying that debt." Andrew said and motioned to the grave. "I was wounded when one of Lucas' men hit me with his halberd." Andrew continued. "With my last bit of energy I killed him, but I couldn't move afterwards, this was when Typhlosion had just evolved from a Cyndaquil to a Quilava. He sat next to me and kept me warm for ten days strait, now I am doing the same, well not the keeping him warm, but you get the idea." Latias finally understood.

<So today is the last day?> she asked him.

"Yes, I will miss him, but I must not dwell on the past to long, or else I will never leave it." Andrew said quietly. Latias nodded and left, glad that he would no longer act so depressed. She hated when he was like this, even though this was the only time she had seen him acting this way.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The next morning Andrew woke everyone up as usual. When Luni finally did wake up, he took the bandage off her foot and examined her wing. The bone was no longer broken.

"Well, you have your choice now," he said to the young Lugia and Umbreon. "You can go and act as if this never happened, or you can come with me and possibly get killed within the next week. Most are wise and pick the first option." He said, "But some are really smart and choose to travel with me." He added sarcastically and looked at latios and latias. He lost his sarcastic tone though, when his eyes landed on Typhlosions grave, but he quickly looked away.

"Choose." The boy said.

<You know what, as appealing as the first one sounds, I'm going to go with you.>Luni sighed and looked at Umbreon who seemed to be contemplating the options.

<I'm going to agree with her.> the black pokemon said at last.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Orin and Aalina had been riding for many days when they finally reached the coast. They dismounted and tied their Rapidash to a nearby palm. They went over to the beach and sniffed the salty breeze; neither of them had been to the ocean before.

"So how are we going to get across the ocean, we don't have a boat, much less a seaworthy one that could carry to pokemon that's neck and tail are always on fire?" Aalina asked her father, her wavy brunette hair blowing in the breeze. Before Orin could answer he saw four dark shapes flying towards them on the horizon. Aalina noticed them too.
"What are those?" she asked.

"Well, they're much too big at that distance to be Wingull or Peliper." Orin said. Aalina was proud of her father for even knowing what they wern't since he hadnt had much of an education.

"I almost wish they were, but I imagine they will be more exotic, am I right?" the girl said.

"I have a good feeling your right." Orin said as the black dots began to take shape. They began to lose altitude and approached the beach, apparently planning to land here.

"Hide" Orin whispered to his daughter who proceeded to move herself and both Rapidash deeper into the forest behind them, Orin followed. They watched from behind the trees as the pokemon landed. Orin recognized one of them as Latios, the blue dragon from all those weeks ago. Just to be sure he stayed still and motioned for Aalina to do the same.

With latios was a white pokemon with blue diamonds on its eyes as well as blue spikes on its back and tail. Also in the party was a smaller red version of Latios which Orin took to be his sister. A small black pokemon with yellow rings on its body materialized out of the final member of the groups' shadow. The final member was a Rayquaza, he knew this because he had seen one once fly over his village and the man he was standing next to was very knowledgeable about pokemon.

There was a bright flash of light and the slender green dragon was no longer there, but Andrew was. Orin realized who the boy was after the shock of witnessing the ability. He noticed something wrong though. Last time they had met, Andrew was with a Quilava, now there was not even a sign of the little pokemon, and a Typhlosion didn't appear out of anywhere either. He thought about this, but Aalina whispered to him.

"Is this the boy?" she asked, surprised that her father hadn't been fooling her. He nodded his head and walked out from behind the trees.

"hello." He made himself present and everyone in the group nearly jumped out of their skin. Andrew looked at Orin.

"You shouldn't scare people like that!" he said and laughed. He then looked at the man more closely and recognized him.

"I know you." Andrew said.

"Yes, I'm Orin." He said and the boy smiled but then his face darkened.

"Who is with you? You didn't tell anyone did you?" Andrew asked warily. Orin looked into the woods and motioned for his daughter to come out. She was tall and skinny; she had a sword at her side and looked at Andrew intently. The boy looked at her then Orin.

"Your daughter?" Andrew asked and Orin nodded. "Did you tell her?" Andrew asked, and once more Orin nodded his head.

"I'm sorry, but I had to." Orin said regretfully, Andrew nodded this time. "Where is your other friend, the Quilava, or is he a Typhlosion now?" Orin asked expecting either one to jump out of nowhere and surprise him.

"He evolved into a Typhlosion over the winter but was hit in the back with an axe and died." Andrew said calmly, but everyone could hear his voice shake slightly when he talked about it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My wife and other three children were killed last week, I know how you feel." Orin almost did start crying when he spoke of this, but kept his posture.

"So would you like to introduce me to your daughter now?" Andrew asked to change the subject, for the good of all of them.

"Oh, um, yes. Andrew, this is Aalina. Aalina, Andrew." Orin said, and his daughter curtsied. Andrew bowed in return.

"pleasure." He said and began to introduce the rest of the group

"Orin, you already know Latios" he motioned to the blue pokemon anyway. "This is Latias, our rescue mission was successful, obviously," he motioned to the red version of Latios, "and these two are Umbreon and Luni." He said and motioned to the two of them.

"Wait, is Luni the species or a nickname?" Orin asked confused, Luni didn't sound like a pokemons name to him. Luni forgot that humans couldn't answer from all the time talking to Andrew in a human form.

<No, I'm a Lugia> she laughed but caught herself before continuing and looked to Andrew to translate for her.

"Her exact words are: 'no, I'm a Lugia' and she laughed at you" Andrew said. Orin seemed confused by this, Aalina just seemed curious.

"Ok, so she is Luni the Lugia?" the girl asked.

"Yes, you've caught on" Andrew said sarcastically. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." He added when he got a look from Latias.

"So, why did you come all this way to the coast? It's about a two week ride from where we met." Andrew asked, curiously.

"My family was killed by a man with two Mightyena," Orin said sadly. "I over heard a part of the conversation between him and my wife, he was talking about you, and when she said I hadn't told her, he made his pokemon kill her and my other children." He let Andrew think about this and continued. "At first I had no idea how they had even known we had had the conversation, but I remembered seeing a strangely colored Noctowl as a rode home."

"What color was this Noctowl?" Andrew asked the man.

"Silver and black. Why?" Orin became worried.

"Any pokemon that color is a servant of the evil." Andrew said.

Years
And Krys, i swear you are the only perso whohas posted more than once and actually read what ive posted. Silawen posted twice but from what i could tell, he only read ch.1, making you te only known (to me) loyal reader ;)

She, actually. Does 'Silawen' really look that masculine? I get called a guy way too many times.

The reason why I haven't reviewed again is because I generally review to help people. If they don't want to be helped, then I don't review. You've had a lot of tips from me to improve your work, yet I still see a lot of the same mistakes being made and you didn't try to edit out the problem areas you acknowledged were there.

To me the story's not interesting - or well-written - enough to read for my personal enjoyment and you don't seem interested in criticism, so I'd much rather spend time on someone else.

If you are interested in concrit, however, then I'll review your second chapter, if you want. However, it doesn't look like it if you're still punctuating speech the way you are.

zapdos926

Years
Silawen, you make a very good point, and i knw thats kind of down sizing my own fan-fic. (sorry for clling you a guy)

@krys, they will become relatively important to the story, but thn the kind of drop out.

---------------
CH.6

That night Andrew built four palm tents. One tent for Orin and Aalina, one for him and Umbreon, one for latios, latias, and a large one for Luni.

As Andrew lay down in his tent Umbreon curled up next to the boy.

<How did you get your ability?> the small black pokemon asked.

"I would rather not tell you right now." The boy replied.

<why? I made the choice to come with you and that makes me part of the group. A group should never keep secrets."

"I have not told anyone how I got my ability, the only one who knows or knew, was Typhlosion." Andrew looked like he might cry again when he said the name, but he didn't.

<oh.>Umbreon muttered. The black pokemon looked at Andrew and saw that he had fallen asleep. <Good night.> the pokemon whispered and fell asleep by the boys' side.

The next morning Andrew prepared breakfast before anyone else woke up. He needed time to think. He thought of all the bad things that had recently happened. Latias was kidnapped and had almost been killed, his best friend was killed, and Latios had almost died from poison. He then thought of the good: he had met Latios and Latias, he had been able to defeat Lucas and rescue Latias, and he prevented Latios from dieing.

Latias had woken up and silently floated up behind him.

<What's for breakfast?> she asked, seemingly knowing what Andrew was thinking about and trying to change his thoughts.

"For you, Latios, Luni and Umbreon? Stantler. For me Orin and Aalina? Eggs and bacon." Andrew said. "I'll be right back." He said as he walked into the woods.

About half an hour later he came back with three Stantler on his shoulders. Latias was still the only one awake. Andrew pulled out a knife from his bag and began to cut off a hind leg. When he was done, he brought it over to Latias and set it down.

"Bon a petite" Andrew said and bowed.

<Thank you.> latias said and laughed at his formality. Andrew began to prepare a new breakfast for himself, Orin and Aalina since the first had burnt while he was hunting.

In another half hour everyone else was awake, Luni as usual being the last. After everyone had eaten Andrew brought Orin into the woods.

"So, why are you here?" Andrew asked.

"I was hoping you would know why that man killed my family, he was obviously talking about you." Orin replied.

"Well, yesterday you said he was asking your wife how I got my powers."

"Yes, but why didn't he just leave after she said she didn't know?"

"The evil doesn't take no for an answer, it will kill anyone who doesn't know the information it wants."

"Then what about those who do know?"

"The evil takes them hostage, forces the information out of whoever it is with torture, and then kills them."

"But why? The Noctowl must have heard that you didn't say anything about how you got your ability."

"I don't know."

"Is there anyone that did know about how you obtained this ability?" Orin asked, but Andrew didn't answer so he began to ask another question when the boy began to talk.

"Yes, but I don't know why that would have affected you." the boy said. "Only Typhlosion knew how I got the ability, and you don't ask how, I haven't told any one else and I won't."

"Oh, once again, I am sorry about your friend." Orin said.

"I'm the one who should be apologizing, it's my fault your family was killed. I shouldn't have told you, but I decided I could trust you, its one of my fatal flaws." Andrew said quickly, "I trust people before I really even know them; I also am too loyal to the ones I care about." Orin just nodded. After their conversation Andrew and Orin left the woods. Andrew sat on the beach and latias floated over to him and sat next to hem on her flipper like hind legs. Andrew rubbed her neck, being careful to avoid the spots where she had been bitten, as they were still raw, and painfully to the touch.

<The ocean is calm today.> she said as she stared at the motionless waters. <Are you doing that?> she asked curiously. The water was so still, not even a ripple cut the surface of the glass like ocean.

"Yes, I prefer the ocean when it is like this, its good for meditation." Andrew answered. Aalina came over to him then.

"You can understand what she's saying?" she asked in amazement.

"Yes, I can understand what all pokemon say." He replied and accidentally rubbed one of Latias' bite marks, she yelped in surprise. "Sorry, are you ok?" he asked apologetically. Latias nodded her head and turned back to the ocean. After a few minutes of silence he stood up.

"How good are you with a sword?" he asked Aalina.

"Um, ok I guess." She said, startled by the question.

"Orin, come here, help your daughter spar." He said and winked at latias. "She will be on my team" Andrew said and motioned to the red and white dragon. Orin and Aalina looked confused but their jaws nearly dropped to the ground when Latias' body shimmered and she was no longer there, but a young girl, with red hair and bright gold eyes, with a short sword at her side about the same age as Andrew was standing there.

"Does she have the ability too?" Aalina asked. Orin looked like he was wondering the same thing, but remembered what he had seen latios do so long ago, reflecting the light to change their shape. A voice in both their heads made both of them jump.

"No, I have the ability to reflect the light with my feathers to look like anything I please." The voice said. Orin quickly caught on, this was the same way latios had communicated with him last month when they had first met. Aalina still looked confused so Andrew explained.

"She is using telepathy." He said. Aalina seemed to understand a bit more but still seemed slightly confused.

"What about her sword?" Orin asked and looked at the blade of the short sword that latias had drawn which seemed unusually sharp.

"That to is an illusion, it can't hit you but it can block and hit another sword" Andrew told them. As an example, Latias lunged at Andrew, but the sword passed right through him. Andrew then held out his sword, which latias hit with her own, it didn't pass through, but instead stopped and made the typical clanging sound that a sword made when coming in contact with another blade.

Latios, Umbreon and Luni watched from the side lines as the sparring match began. Andrew showed Orin and Aalina a series of different attacks which when they repeated he expertly blocked. When the real sparring match began, both Andrew and Latias nimbly dodged every thing their opponents threw at them. When they finally did start to fight back, Orin and Aalina were quickly knocked to the ground. Both boy and dragon gave each of them a few seconds to get up each time they knocked them down. After a few hours of this they all collapsed onto the sand. Latios laughed at them.

<Wow, lets see that enthusiasm when your fighting a bunch of armed men.> the blue dragon said.

"Oh shut up, you try not to crush me with meteors!" Andrew said with a laugh and threw a handful of sand into the blue dragons face. Latios shook his head to get the sand out of his feathers.

<Oh you're going to get it!> Latios said tried to throw some sand back at Andrew but the boy dodged it and the sand hit latias in the face instead. Afterwards all heck broke loose, Latias threw some sand at Latios which he evaded and it hit Luni instead. Luni then used her powerful wings to make a small sandstorm, which hit every one. This made everyone start throwing sand at each other. Another hour and all of them collapsed.

"That was the most fun I've had in a while!" Andrew said tiredly, a childish smile on his face. He got up and looked at his companions. Latias who had since reverted back to her dragon form, and latios both looked extremely silly and Andrew told them.

<You look no better yourself!> Latias laughed after being giving a description of herself. Her image shuddered and she became a mirror image of Andrew, his hair was sticking almost strait up, and there was sand all over him. Andrew looked at Latias.

"Not half as bad as you do!" Andrew said Orin and Aalina were confused by the conversation, but got the gist of it by what Andrew had been saying. There was a flash of light and in place of Andrew was a mirror image of Latias. From what Latias saw she did think she looked quite silly, her feathers were ruffled up, and her whole body was covered in sand.

<Well, I'm going to need a bath.> she said as Andrew once again became human.

"I think we all need a bath." Latios thought to all of them.

<Agreed> Umbreon said as he looked down at himself, he now looked like a tan version of his usual self. <I look horrendous!>

Orin and Aalina looked at Andrew, who translated.

"He said he looks silly." The boy said.

"Well he does" Latios said and after much urging, Andrew was able to get Umbreon into the water with everyone else. They all waded into the calm ocean and stayed there until sunset.

zapdos926

Years
umbreon isnt a very important charcter in the story.he is like a retired spy.
here is ch. 7

-----------
Aalina woke up before anyone else the next morning. She walked over to the ocean and sat down and dug her feet into the sand. Andrew crawled out of his tent and sneaked up behind her.

"Good morning, you're up early." Andrew yawned. Aalina nearly jumped into the ocean. When Andrew sat down Aalina noticed that the waves had suddenly become barley ripples.

"That's strange…" she muttered. Andrew looked at her, slightly confused.

"What's so strange?" he asked.

"When you relaxed, the ocean seemed to relax too." Andrew didn't say anything about this, but just got up and began to prepare breakfast. Latios and Latias woke up and came out of their tent.

<Good morning.> they said to both boy and girl. Aalina looked at Andrew confused.

"They say good morning" Andrew said, he decided it would take him a while to get used to becoming a translator.

"Oh, well then, good morning to you too." Aalina greeted them.

"Ditto." Andrew said and began to cut some meat of what was left from yesterdays Stantler for the two dragons. He set the meat down in front of them and they hungrily began to eat. Andrew then began to put some eggs on a small plate for Aalina, then on another for himself. He sat so close to the ocean that the tide got his feet wet. He sighed. Aalina sat next to him. Aalina was about to ask him something when Andrew cut her off.

"Before you say anything, do not, I repeat, do not ask how I got my ability. There is only one other who knew and that was Typhlosion, and I'm not telling anyone else." Aalina didn't ask her question after that. "That's what I thought." Andrew sighed.

Andrew got up after he finished eating, and woke up Luni, Umbreon and Orin.

"Ok, you have your options come with us or stay here and start a new life on the beach." Andrew said to Orin and Aalina after. "We are leaving today so make your choice, choose wisely." Orin looked at his daughter.

"What should we do?" he asked her.

"I'm thinking we go with them, but you're my father, it's your choice." She said.

"Ok then, we'll go with you." Orin said reluctantly, he would have much rather stayed on the beach but he also thought that it would be much safer with Andrew and his companions.

"In that case, gather your belongings and put them in here. Keep your sword at your side at all times, never put it in your bag or anywhere else for that matter." Andrew said and tossed them each a sack.

"What about our Rapidash?" Aalina asked sadly.

"We will sell them in a near village, I cannot carry them, and I don't think it will be easy for them to hold onto my back, hooves and all that." Andrew said.

"But they can run along on the ground, cant they?" Orin asked, praying that that was a possibility. He had known his Rapidash since he was a boy and it was a Ponyta.

"I'm afraid not, we will be flying faster than they can run, in two days time, they would be a week's ride away." Andrew finished the conversation at that. Aalina and Orin trudged to where the horse like pokemon had been tied up. The two pokemon hadn't complained they were in a spot that had plenty of shade, sun and grass. The Rapidash whinnied as their masters untied them and led them to where the rest of the group was.

"The nearest village is over that way." Latias thought to all them and began to fly along the beach at a walking pace. Andrew walked over to the red and white dragon.

"I didn't see anything, did you see it as we flew in?" the boy asked her.

<no, but last night I started to sense that there were people in this direction." She said, seemingly confused by her own knowledge of the previously non existent town or village. The group walked for another two hours when they finally came to the point of which latias had sensed the people. What they came to completely surprised them they were at the outskirts of a large city. The walls surrounding it were made of gold and they were standing at the base of a very large gate with two heavily armed and armored guards on each side. Latios and Latias' images flickered and they were no longer visible, Luni had flown the whole way and decided it would be better to stay in the air and out of sight. The guards had not seen any of them so they didn't know that they were even there.

"What is your business here?" one of the guards asked, his voice seemed blank, programmed, dead.

"We have come to sell these Rapidash" Orin told them and motioned to the two pokemon. The guard nodded and motioned to someone at the top of the wall. The man began to crank a wheel and the large gates began to open.

"Go strait back and turn on the third left." One of the other guards said in the same tone as the first.

"Thank you." Orin said and the group rushed past the now fully open gates.

<Those guards were strange.> Umbreon said and gave a fake shiver.

"Yes, they seemed, dead or fake." Latias thought to all of them. Luni was still up in the air.

"Tell Luni to hide in the woods." Andrew whispered to Latias who obeyed using her telepathy. Luni dove out of the sky and into the thick forest below.

"Well here we go." Andrew said and as the group turned they saw a bustling marketplace. Latios and Latias flew up so that they would not be hit by the people. Andrew picked up Umbreon so the small black pokemon wouldn't be stepped on.

<Thank you.> he said, and curled up in the boys arms.

They made their way to a man who was standing by a small stable who seemed to be buying and selling Rapidash, Ponyta and Miltank.

"How may I help you?" the man asked in the same dull tone as the guards.

"Yes, we would like to sell these Rapidash." Orin said reluctantly.

"Something isn't right here…" Latios thought to Andrew.

"Yes, I know." Andrew thought back to the dragon. Orin had been making a deal with the man and now took some gold from him and gave the reins to the man. The two Rapidash whinnied unhappily at the man.

"I'm sorry." Orin said and gave his pokemon one last pat on the neck and left. The rest of the group followed. Once they were out of the city, Orin spoke again.

"There was something seriously wrong with the people in that city." He said. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"We're nodding our heads" Latias said since both she and Latios were still invisible. The rest of the group laughed half-heartedly.

"How much did we get for the Rapidash?" Andrew asked.

"The man said that Rapidash were rare in the area, and that the few he had were from other regions. Because of this he gave me 100 gold shints." Orin said remorse in his voice.

"100 shints! We're practically rich!" Aalina said excitedly. Andrew just looked worried. He looked back at the city to see nothing there.

"Oh no." Andrew whispered.

<What is it?> Umbreon asked and followed the boys gaze. Now all of them turned to see instead of the strange city, an army. It consisted of both pokemon and men and it was slowly approaching them. Andrew jumped into the ocean and there was a blue tinted flash of light. In Andrews place was a Kyogre.

<Get on!> he roared to all of them. Orin and Aalina didn't understand but when they saw Umbreon jump onto its back they followed suit. Luni came out of the woods and she, latios and latias also dived into the ocean. When every one was ready they shot off through the water. They thought the army wouldn't be able to follow them but when Orin looked back he saw otherwise.

"They're on Wailord!" the man shouted when he saw large groups of men, all armed with bows and arrows on the backs of extremely large black and silver whale pokemon. They were larger than Andrew, but much slower. After a few minutes of riding, the attackers were far behind. Luni, Latios and Latias stuck their heads up out of the water.

<What was that?> Latias asked, she was breathing hard from the quick escape.

<I don't know but they are definitely trying to kill us, more likely Me.> Andrew said, he didn't seem tired though.

"Why aren't you and Luni breathing as hard as Latios and Latias?" Aalina asked after every one had more or less calmed down. Andrew answered in her head.

"They can breathe under water, but they weren't created for being under water for extremely long periods of time." He said "Luni and I on the other hand were created for life under water, she is known as the guardian of the sea, but I don't really have a nickname." Andrew continued.

"Whoa, wait hold on, you said 'Luni and I'" Orin stopped him. "You mean you were made for being under water, this is your real form?" Andrew nodded his big blue head. Orin and Aalina just stared at him, looking half scared and half excited. Umbreon who was being held by Aalina jumped out of the girls arms and padded over to Andrews head.

<Why did we stop?> the black pokemon asked. Andrew thought about this.

<Latias, do you sense any one coming?> Andrew asked the red and white dragon. She floated out of the water and closed her eyes.

<No, no one is coming, there isn't even any living thing around us.> Latias said and opened her eyes.

<Nothing?> Andrew confirmed. <If I had an eyebrow I would raise It.> all of the pokemon laughed but Orin and Aalina were very confused.

"Ok, where are we going to sleep tonight?" Orin asked, hoping to get something he would understand out of Andrew.

"Well, you, Aalina, Umbreon, Latios and Latias will sleep on my back." Andrew thought to them. All of them seemed skeptical about this. "Do not worry, I will not sink." That night all them slept restlessly, Andrew the worst of all, he had another nightmare.
----------

for those of you wondering, a shint is the form of currency.

zapdos926

Years
i am a bad boy... my parents and siblings are at walmart, so i'm o the comuter right now. the worst thing is, I dont feel gulty! D:

well here is th next chapter...
--------------
CH.8

Andrew had learned not to toss in his sleep, but this was the worst nightmare he had ever had before. This one started out nicely, he was lying in the middle of a field, flowers were surrounding him, and Latios and Latias were on either side of him sleeping peacefully. He suddenly heard booming in the dram and looked up. There were dark storm clouds in the sky above the field. A dark shadow crept closer to him and his friends. The shadow was pitch black, no light penetrated the darkness, and the flowers were dieing as the shadow came closer. He tried to wake up Latios and Latias, but they wouldn't move. Then two axes came flying out of the shadow, each one pitch black. Each hit one of the dragons who opened their eyes briefly in pain, but then closed them, blood coming out their backs. A shapeless form came out of the darkness, it was holding two battle axes, the form slowly approached Andrew, and he tried to draw his sword, but found he was paralyzed. The shape stepped right up to him and swung the axes, aiming for Andrew's chest.

Andrew woke up breathing hard, every one was off his back, Orin and Umbreon on Latios' back, and Aalina on Latias. They all looked at him worriedly.

<Are you ok?> Latias asked.

<Yes, it was just a night mare.> Andrew replied. He looked at Aalina and Orin, they both looked terrified.

"What happened?" Orin asked, his voice shaky.

"It was just a night mare, that's all." Andrew thought to the man. He seemed to relax a bit.

"So you weren't dieing, or trying to drown us?" Aalina confirmed.

"No, of course not." Andrew laughed weakly and looked at the sky. Dawn was approaching.

"Well, I don't think any of us will be sleeping anymore, you can get on back again and this time you won't have to worry about sinking at all." Andrew disappeared in a flash of light and the long green dragon, Rayquaza was there, half submerged in the water.

"Hop on." He though to Orin and Aalina. "Latias go get Luni." He said and she dived to the bottom of the ocean, where Luni slept. When everyone was ready, they all took off. Latios and Latias were extremely happy to be out of the water and into the air again so was Luni, but Andrew looked longingly at the clear blue ocean. When they reached a small island, Andrew immediately began to pre pare a small camp and then walked into the forest to scout around, everyone except Luni followed him into the woods, since she volunteered to watch over everything.
------------
After many hours of walking, Andrew found that the island was bigger than it looked. He turned into Rayquaza and flew up to check his surroundings. He couldn't see ocean in any direction, which he thought was strange. He saw another small clearing in the distance with smoke coming from it. He flew back down and told everyone.

"But how?" Latias asked curiously. "We couldn't have gone that far from the ocean."

"And what about this smoke?" Orin said thoughtfully. "There must be something, or someone else living here."

<Agreed, who votes we just fly back to camp and not risk getting killed.> Umbreon said, which Andrew then translated. Orin raised his hand an Umbreon raised a paw.

"I think I'm up for a little adventure, a real one." Aalina said. "Sorry father but it seemed you have been out voted."

<I hate democracy.> Umbreon muttered as they began to walk through the forest to the clearing that Andrew had seen. Andrew found a large branch which he quickly lit in. He lit two more and gave one to Aalina and one to Orin.

"Do not let any shadow from anything other than ourselves touch you." Andrew warned them, it was time he became more cautious now that the real evil had arisen. Andrew quickly took up the rear. The flames from the makeshift torches danced in the now waning light. Andrew looked up and saw that the sun was very low in the sky.

"We shall camp here for the night, and let us pray that Luni knows how to find her own dinner" Andrew said and began to make a ring of fire around the group so that no shadow could touch them. The nights were still cool and the fire felt good. Andrew pulled some blankets and bread from his bag and they all settled down.

"Sorry about the minimal amount of food." Andrew said apologetically as he gave a loaf of bread to each his companions. They all just nodded, thankful that he had brought anything for the hike that was supposed to only be an hour. "I will be first watch" Andrew said and sat down. He watched as his friends fell asleep and then stared at the dark shape moving in the woods.

"I will get you." it whispered, its voice crackly and full of hate.

"If I had bronze shint for every time I heard that." Andrew mused and watched the dark shape stalk off into the night. Darkness was starting to become a very dangerous place Andrew thought and fed the fire some more branches.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The next morning Latias woke Andrew up. When he opened his eyes he saw that she was the only one awake. She looked scared.

"What's wrong?" he asked with a yawn.

<I just had a dream.> She said shakily.

"What about?" Andrew sat up.

<A field, flowers. Then there was a shadow, axes. Then there was a dark shape. It attacked you.> Latias looked like she might cry. Andrew walked over to her and held her tightly.

"I had the same dream when we were out on the ocean." He said calmly. Latias lay her head on his shoulder and they just stayed like that for what seemed like forever to Andrew. Latias finally lifted her head from the boys shoulder.

<Thank you.> she whispered.

"For what?"

<For listening.> she said. Andrew thought about this.

"Your welcome." He said after a few minutes. Andrew woke up the rest of the group. After another small meal of bread they set of again.
----------
They finally reached the clearing that Andrew had seen yesterday. There was a small fire pit in the middle that still had hot coals in it.

"There are many beings here." Latios thought to everyone.

"Prepare for a fight." Andrew said and drew his sword. Aalina and Orin followed suit. A large group of assorted black and silver pokemon walked out of the trees. The lead one was a Gallade.
"Why are you here?" it asked.

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
hmmm... no posts. Again... oh well, here is ch.9
----------
CH.9

"Wait, did that Gallade just speak?" Orin asked, confused. Andrew looked confused as well.

"Yes, what are you doing here? This is my territory." the Gallade repeated.

"We were exploring and I saw a clearing with smoke coming from it." Andrew answered. The Gallade thought about this.

"You are just explorers you say?" the pokemon confirmed.

"Um, kind of, but why are you not attacking us, your master is the evil is it not?" Andrew asked cautiously.

"No, that beast is not our master, we are the rogues." The Gallade said. "I have the feeling you are the one with the ability to change shape. The one we were created to hunt and kill?" Andrew just nodded his head doubtfully.

"Yes. So that means I am not your enemy?" Andrew said and lowered his guard ever so slightly.

"Yes, you are not our enemy, we would actually be glad to fight with you." The pokemon said and all his companions nodded. "We are different than the ones who attacked you. Some of us have different abilities, but because of this, we have lost something that we normally should have." The pokemon continued.

<And your ability is to speak?> Umbreon asked thoughtfully. The Gallade nodded his head.

"I cannot walk easily though." The Gallade said. "I have a bad leg, so I walk stiffly."

"So you would help us fight?" Andrew confirmed and sheathed his sword. The Gallade nodded.

"Wait! you're actually going to trust him?" Latias thought to Andrew shock in her voice.

"Yes it would be nice to have a larger group to fight." Andrew thought back.

"We are the accidents that the evil made. Some of us are deserters; some of us were kicked out because of our, imperfections." The Gallade said sadly.

<Do you have a name?> Latios asked curiously.

"Yes, I am Tybalt." The Gallade answered.

"Well hello Tybalt, I am Andrew. This is Latios, Latias, Umbreon, Aalina, and Orin." The boy said and motioned to all of them accordingly.

"Salutations." Tybalt said. "This is my mate, Thea." He motioned to silver Gardevoir.

"Would you happen to know where the beach is?" Aalina asked. Thea answered.

<yes, it is far south, about a three days walk." The Gardevoir said. <But I'm assuming that you will all fly.> Aalina looked confused.

"Ok thank you, yes, and all of you are welcome to come with us, how many are in your group?" Andrew asked, Latias looked at him worriedly.

"This is not a good idea" she thought to him. Andrew ignored her.

"This is it." Tybalt said and motioned to the 20 pokemon surrounding him. Andrew nodded and in a flash of light, a Rayquaza was there.

<how many of you can fly?> he asked.

"There are about 5 Dragonite in our group; each can carry two of us. You will only need to carry 10 of us and your friends." The black pokemon replied.

<Well then hop on to who ever you are riding.> Andrew said. Some pokemon got onto the Dragonite there and some got on Andrew behind Aalina and Orin. Umbreon jumped onto Latios' back and they all flew towards the beach. Within two hours they were there. Andrew landed in the campsite and the others followed suit. Once everyone had gotten off Andrew immediately turned back into a human, and surveyed the group who he had brought with him. He noticed that there were about six Ninetails, four Aron, two Eevee, and a Chancy along with the Dragonite, Tybalt and Thea. He raised his guard a bit at what he saw and looked for Luni; she didn't seem to be at camp. He walked into the ocean and turned into Kyogre, hoping that she was looking for food. He found her at the bottom of the ocean sleeping and woke her up.

<Good morning.> she said drowsily.

<Morning, its mid afternoon!> Andrew laughed.

<You're acting like it's my fault you can't tell the difference between day and night at the bottom of the ocean.> Luni said sarcastically and began to swim toward the surface.

<Before you swim all the way up, do not, I repeat do NOT, start attacking anyone or anything.> Andrew warned her and they reached the surface. Luni's expression was one of pure shock. She just stared at all the pokemon on the beach. They were all black and silver. She looked around for everyone else. She saw Orin talking with a Gallade, and Aalina was holding an Eevee. Latios and Latias were speaking with a Dragonite an Umbreon was on Latios' back. Luni swam towards the shore cautiously.

<They are not enemies; they said that they would help us fight the evil. They are outcasts that the evil created.> Andrew said calmly and turned back into his human form. Luni seemed to relax a bit and walked onto the sand. Andrew went over to the Gallade Orin was talking to.

"Sorry I disappeared like that. I had to fetch the last member of the group. Luni, this is Tybalt. Tybalt, Luni."

"Hello" Tybalt greeted the young Lugia. She looked even more surprised than when she had first seen all the pokemon.

<You-you can speak?!> She stuttered.

"And you can't." Tybalt said sarcastically.

<Be nice.> a Gardevoir said as she came up behind tybalt. <Hello, I am Thea.> she introduced herself. Luni nodded.

<hello.> she said blankly. Andrew looked up at the sky. The clouds had begun to turn orange and pink as the sun set.

"It's a good thing I'm good at building tents." Andrew muttered to himself and within the next two hours had built enough tents for everyone. The sun had completely set and the moon was reflecting off the ocean.

"I will be first watch." Andrew said and sat down facing the woods. Instead of entering her tent, Latias floated next to Andrew and lay down, her head on his lap and fell asleep there. Tybalt sat next to Andrew.

"You're not human are you?" he asked Andrew. The boy was silent for a moment.

"No." he said. Tybalt decided to this probably wasn't a good subject, Andrew seemed like he didn't enjoy talking about it.

"It's hard to gain her trust isn't it?" he said and motioned to Latias.

"Yes, I have broken her trust in me once before, and she finds it very hard to trust others now." Andrew replied sadly. "You should get some sleep, I have a feeling tomorrow will be a long day." Tybalt nodded his head and left. Andrew looked at the dark shape in the woods.

"All of you will die!" it screeched. Andrew flinched at the sound of the voice. He was surprised Latias didn't wake up.

"You know, I have heard that from everyone who has ever tried to kill me, but they were always the ones who ended up being killed." Andrew said and the shadow fled into the night. Latias stirred on his lap. "I won't let anyone hurt any of you" he muttered once the shape dissapeared completely.

Back