• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm reading The Last Thane by Douglas Niles. It's a book in the DragonLance series, which I'm currently working my way through, since I own most of the books and enjoy the series. Although it's fantasy and about the politics of a city full of dwarfs, it's an easy book to read and I'm enjoying it. Not as much as other books in the DragonLance series, but I'm not finding it a chore to get through.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Years
I don't usually read fiction. My key study interests are philosophy, science and theology.

Right now I'm reading "The Soul Hypothesis: Investigations into the Existence of the Soul" by Stewart Goetz and Mark C. Baker. It's a collection of 9 essays on recent researches on neuroscience and how it relates to the philosophy of mind.

The question of dualism- whether the physical body and its processes are all there is to us- fascinated me for a long time.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Reading Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore on-and-off these days. It's my first book from him, and Mom and Dad recommended it to me since they're Murakami fanatics. It's a great book, and a very ethereal one, but I can never seem to just try and sit down and read it front-to-back. The only time I'd really be able to engross myself in the book is when I'm at the airport gate.

I'm not a good reader. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm currently reading Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey. Initially it was the story of witches and magic that grabbed me, but then I found out the main character is gay and I became all the more inclined to read it. I'm only on the third chapter though, so I have no real opinion on the book just yet. So far it's been pretty good.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I'm reading The Hunger Games right now, and I'm loving it. Can't wait to get onto Catching Fire and Mockingjay D:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've just started reading Chuck Amuck: the autobiography of Chuck Jones. On my phone as well, no less! Technology is amazing. But yeah, I hope to learn lots about a guy whose work creating many of my favourite Looney Tunes shorts delighted me to no end as a child.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I'm currently reading "Sam and Max Surfin' The Highway" which is a collection of all Sam and Max comics. Sam and Max is a comic book series made by Steve Purcell, and is most famous for the point-and-click adventure games based of the comics. There was also a short lived, but well received TV show based on it. It's a truly hilarious series that follows the misadventures of Sam (a large brown dog) and Max (a hyperkinetic rabbity thing), two friends who call themselves the "Freelance Police" and solve strange crimes in a wide assortment of places (like the moon, ancient Egypt, etc.). I suggest it to anybody who wants a funny read.

Years
Reading Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore on-and-off these days. It's my first book from him, and Mom and Dad recommended it to me since they're Murakami fanatics. It's a great book, and a very ethereal one, but I can never seem to just try and sit down and read it front-to-back. The only time I'd really be able to engross myself in the book is when I'm at the airport gate.

I'm not a good reader. :(
I have the same trouble with Murakami. I've been trying to finish 1Q84 for, gosh, almost a year now. Granted, it's long, but I've read at least the equivalent number or pages in the space between. Probably much more.

I'm also reading Un Lun Dun by China Miéville. Liking it so far. Lots of reminders of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (which I just listened to a radio adaption of). Similar kind of premise, but a much different take and tone.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Lots of reminders of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (which I just listened to a radio adaption of). Similar kind of premise, but a much different take and tone.

Neil Gaiman is awesome. His short stories collection Smoke and Mirrors is an incredible read.

I'm reading this at the moment:-

BLEEDING_EDGE-BOOK_1590038e.jpg

and I am LOVING it.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Unfortunately I have far too little free time to read these days, but thankfully school has put a wonderful book called 'How Many Miles to Babylon?' on the curriculum and I'm getting much enjoyment from it at the moment. It's a very interesting tale of the class divide of the past (set in Ireland): the upper classes and the peasants, how the class divide affected everyone, not just the poor and so on.

There are some wonderful characters and scenes, even the odd amusing moment. "What a strange and very ugly name" is already a favourite quote of mine. Would recommend to anyone who loves icy females and social commentary.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
People read books?? Just kidding.
Gah I'm in the middle of so many books. I need to start taking them one by one. So Doctor Who - Dark Horizons by Jenny T. Colgan. But I also got the Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus, and ROOMS, and I don't even remember.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I finished reading Foxfire by Joyce Carol Oates today :<
This was my second time reading it and now I need something new to read. . .

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Just starting to read the Christian Bible. Excuse my ignorance, I'm not exactly sure of the formal title, or the structure of books, so I guess I'm going to refer to it as such. I think it's quite an interesting book to assign for class, it's definitely going to be an interesting read, coming from someone who isn't affiliated with a particular religion.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The audiobook version of The Fault in Our Stars. I'm literally a page into it so my thoughts are undeveloped thus far to say the least.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm currently juggling two books.

First one is the Puppet King by Douglas Niles. It's another DragonLance book. While I love the series for being my first introduction to fantasy, and there are plenty of books that I enjoy, I'm beginning to understand the criticism that the series gets. While I've only read the first few pages of the book, it had a few problems that bother me. I'm still going to get through it to knock it off my list, but it's definitely going to be a DragonLance novel I'm never reading again.

The other book is Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card. I'm a huge fan of Card's work, but there are a few of his books I haven't read yet. This was one of them, though I did start it when it first came out. But there's a problem I have with it that had stopped me from finishing it back then. I do find it more enjoyable than the Puppet King, but then again, there's really not a Card book that I don't like.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Im reading Isola from Isabel abedi (german book)

I dont like it that much as I usually ready phantasy or sci-fi and this one is not in my to my like that much

Back