• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
UnLZ.GBA
(95% Sure but you should wait for another answer to be sure.)

ALSO, how do I make it so that I Don't have to select a pokemon in Professor Oak's lab in LG? (I already chose a stater Pokemon earlier in my hack)
UNLZ.GBA wouldnt be for Poke Gold. :/

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Does anybody know the palette for the flames in the titlescreen in FireRed? Because Teh Panda's doesn't work for me.

That pallet corresponds with the pallet of the BG. There are tutorials you know on finding any pallet just with VBA and a hex editor

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Does anybody know the fix for the Pokedex bug in Fire Red and Leaf Green, where a blank space in the species name is confused by the game for a "terminating byte"?

Ex. Internal data for Squirtle lists its type as the "Tiny Turtle" Pokemon, but it appears in-game as the "Tiny Pokemon".

I know ROM dumps exist where this was fixed, but they're all incompatible with the majority of useful ROM hacking tools available. =/

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
IV's

@Iacobus and NiKaNoRoU

Thanks for the help. I've been looking into the JPAN stuff, and tried out the XSE and Advancemap tools to make my own script. Made an "IV check" script and implemented it, looked like it worked (though my skill in scripting is noobish so was quite a hassle). It always gave the possitive response though, so probably it didn't work as it should. After that "tried" to make an IV changer... But have no idea how to do that. And all this hassle for a little thing as slightly better IV's isn't worth it so, guess I'll just leave it.

But thanks for the info, appreciate the nudge to the right direction! Adios

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2011
Safari Zone Handling

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. I'm using Emerald and I want to use Safari Zone battle handling in a certain area. I tried using a area script that sets the variable set to 1 in the "entering the safari zone" script. However, that didn't work. How would I get it to go into Safari Zone-style battles when you encounter a wild Pokemon? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. I'm using Emerald and I want to use Safari Zone battle handling in a certain area. I tried using a area script that sets the variable set to 1 in the "entering the safari zone" script. However, that didn't work. How would I get it to go into Safari Zone-style battles when you encounter a wild Pokemon? Thanks in advance.
Lucky you. Take a look at this post.
From that post I guess you have to add this to your script: writebytetooffset 0x80 0x02022B4C

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
Hey everyone, I need help with inserting sprites into a ROM. I'm want to replace the Spearow sprite from Fire Red with a Riolu sprite from Platinum. I resized it to 64x64 and indexed it like the tutorials said but the image in the game doesn't come up right. It looks like this in the game. The image is saved as a .png. I've looked up tutorials and this is as far as I can get with sprite replacement.
n6z70j.jpg

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
how DO you change the (not overworld) trainer sprite for Pokemon Gold?! does ANYBODY know?

and is there a non-hex editor moveset editor for Gold?

and is there a TM move changer for gold?

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
Hi there,

I am pretty new to ROM Hacking and I was wondering before I attempted it myself, are there any ROM Hacks out there that combine Fire Red or Leaf Green with Ruby or Sapphire? No changes with the story(Apart from perhaps the link to move from one continent to the other)/moves/Pokemon. Just a flat up link between games, like in Pokemon Gold and Silver where you were able to go back and challenge old Gym Leaders after completing the first half of the story.

Any information if such a thing exists before I take a shot at it myself would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks very much.

Rio

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
how DO you change the (not overworld) trainer sprite for Pokemon Gold?! does ANYBODY know?
If you don't get an answer to your question that's probably because people don't know the answer. There's no point in asking the same thing over and over again.
If you can't find the sprite in a program like TLP or TileMolester by searching trough the whole ROM in the supported formats for GBC games, the sprite probably is encrypted/compressed by a custom algorithm. I know for a fact that the Pokémon sprites are compressed and that there exist an editor for those sprites. You could try to find/edit the sprite by using that program/method of compression/decompression. (You can debug your ROM while playing and find the pointer of the image.)
Use AGI (v4.11) XP (Red=63)
If you want to change the sprite to an other one already in the game you can use Hackédex Gold
and is there a non-hex editor moveset editor for Gold?
Maybe there is one.. Can't find one right now.
and is there a TM move changer for gold?
I just checked my old collection of GBC Tools and Hack-O-Matic has an Attack Editor..
(Several minutes have pasted, doing some searching you could've done yourself - -') Swampert made a tool for that: TMMaster GSC

Next time, Google, use the forum's search function, go do something else, ...

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2010
How do I make it so that the Player doesn't have to choose a Pokemon when he goes to Professor Oaks lab?
I would like it so that the Rival is the only person that picks up a Pokemon because I've made it so that when you start the game, you already have a Chikorita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back