• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Why can't I think of a genuinely sad movie? My brain keeps going to the end of Wall-E. I mean, I did cry a little there, but it wasn't that sad.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Titanic. Even though it has one of the most famous endings in recent cinema, I'm always hit by Jack's death and I sob uncontrollably. That's not to say I'm not crying already, but Jack dying just makes it worse, lol. I'm a sucker for that film; no matter how many times I see it, I always cry.

Years
I never cry at a movie. All I think is "well darn that's sad" and then my brain goes "ffff...".

So what part of it, do you think, makes you cry?
Ok, so I'm not the only one who doesn't cry at movies. That makes me feel a bit more human. I got so much crap yesterday when me and my friends saw Titanic and I was the only one who didn't shed a tear.

Years
Oh! I remembered the last thing I cried at. The Hunger Games, where Rue... yeah. I get all misty at stuff like that. I never sob or anything. My eyes just get all rainy.

And why did Titanic have to come back? :( It's supposed to stay sunk.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've actually starting looking into the past for good, uncluttered-with-sci-fi-and-zombie slice of life anime. I've recently bought a DVD of an old series called Sentimental Journey that was right up my alley. I think it was made in '97 or '98, but it fit exactly what I like to see in anime and kept me entertained. And the entire season only cost me like $4.80, so I definitely got my money's worth :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I haven't cried at any movie, ever.

And Titanic was a 3-hour bore-fest that I passed on back when it was first released; why the heck would I want to see it now?

Besides, back in the day Bill Nye the Science Guy did a 30-second explanation of the science of why the Titanic sunk (I believe he said the inner hull was designed like an ice cube tray) that I imagine would be a lot more entertaining than that movie with those horribly grating Celine Dion songs...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
For something in a not so expansive genre that looks a pretty nice find. I shall give it a download, I know I'll feel like one of those shows again one day.

Currently watching the 1980s mechathon that is Space Runaway Ideon. Supposedly it was one of the main influences of NGE, I honestly haven't seen why yet so I guess it comes towards the end.

After sticking all of my airing shows on hold I'm only watching that, Galaxy Express 999 and catching up on One Piece, really enjoying the One Piece and GE999 is pretty awesome for something so episodic.

Airodactyl

#142 Forever and Always
Years
And why did Titanic have to come back? :( It's supposed to stay sunk.
Because James Cameron/20th Century Fox really like money and want to capitalize on the anniversary of its sinking? Seems like the logical thing, to me at least. And I don't even like the film all that much. Rose was a heartless ***** at the end. There so was room on that plank for her and Jack. But I digress. Moneymoneymoney.

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah...but HISTORY

Oh well. I would have preferred that it had never been built so I wouldn't have to go through people talking about this stupid movie.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Rose was a heartless ***** at the end. There so was room on that plank for her and Jack..

Did you pay attention to that scene at all? Sure, there was on the door for both of them, but it would in no way have supported both their bodies due to their weight. When Rose was on there by herself, you could see the door was barely holding her, but when Jack tried to get on it couldn't handle both of them and Rose briefly slipped. So Jack, resigned to his fate, decided to do the honourable thing and let her live. Besides, one of them was going to die anyway. it's a movie. Jack's death highlighted just how tragic the sinking was, the audience engaged on a personal level. So was Rose really that heartless after all?

droomph

weeb
Years

Did you pay attention to that scene at all? Sure, there was on the door for both of them, but it would in no way have supported both their bodies due to their weight. When Rose was on there by herself, you could see the door was barely holding her, but when Jack tried to get on it couldn't handle both of them and Rose briefly slipped. So Jack, resigned to his fate, decided to do the honourable thing and let her live. Besides, one of them was going to die anyway. it's a movie. Jack's death highlighted just how tragic the sinking was, the audience engaged on a personal level. So was Rose really that heartless after all?
Spoiler:
Yes there was. And so anyways, my point about boringness still stands. Sorry, I can't stand to see people letting the physics burn.

I don't really see the appeal of movies in general though. Anybody help me?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
For those who haven't heard of her yet, I recommend Azealia Banks to all y'all. She's a bit hard to get into, but she's the perfect mix of rap & pop that Nicki Minaj could only dream of. Word of warning: she swears quite heavily, but if that doesn't sway you, then by all means, listen to her.

I recommend starting here.
Then moving on to here.
After that, do as you please!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
So you all remember Rebecca Black, right?

She's nothing compared to these two.
Nothing.

Need any proof to back up my claims? Here's a sample of the chorus:
HOT GIRLS WE HAVE PROBLEMS TOO
WE'RE JUST LIKE YOU
EXCEPT WE'RE HOT

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
For something in a not so expansive genre that looks a pretty nice find. I shall give it a download, I know I'll feel like one of those shows again one day.
It's actually set up like Amagami with even shorter story arcs, with one episode dedicated to one girl.

And I've been distracted with other things, so I've really gotten behind on my anime watching... even the two new series I am watching this season. Heck, I'm even two eps behind on Smile Precure now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back