• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I really want someone funny and friendly! No one serious!! They are so boring!! That pretty much it though!

:3 No worries! Most of the members here don't bite anyways. So even if you don't have a mentor, or just feel like chatting to someone who posts a lot in those sections you're interested in (or someone who posts anywhere really,) a VM (Visitor Message) is usually an awesome way to get to know more of the older members around here.. and I am sure you can find someone to help you out!

If you do run into a stick-in-the-mud, don't let that discourage you from talking to other people! :33

+N30N_J3ST3R+

Pokemon Black Chasm Director
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
OK meganium90 based on what you said I woud gladely take any mentor who is willing to take me so I dont care which mentor I get( please dont be offended-this is the best way for me to state this-and I mean if terms of your ability/Im very flexible :) ) But I havent been on much lately( remodeling a kitched with my family and many other things) so if this provides a problemI'm very sorry!
So mentors beware
bwahahahahah

+N30N_J3ST3R+
Sorry I havent been on lately

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
OK meganium90 based on what you said I woud gladely take any mentor who is willing to take me so I dont care which mentor I get( please dont be offended-this is the best way for me to state this-and I mean if terms of your ability/Im very flexible :) ) But I havent been on much lately( remodeling a kitched with my family and many other things) so if this provides a problemI'm very sorry!
So mentors beware
bwahahahahah

+N30N_J3ST3R+
Sorry I havent been on lately

Well, that depends on you. :P Your mentor is going to be depending on you and your activity. I think it's best if you wait till you're not *too* busy. Both SwiftSign and DrFuji will still be available when you return though.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
1) I'm interested in just about anything the main video games have to offer.
2) I don't know too much about breeding and ev training so I would like to know more about that.
3) I would stay close to the main video game series related forums.
4) I would contribute a lot of knowledge about just general Pokemon stats and types.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
We have a wide variety of mentors for the Pokemon games so you *might* want to be a bit specific on that. If you're interested in the current generation gaming, there's Jellicent and Requility for Black & White 2, Requility for Black & White, and Sydian for the General Pokemon Gaming sections (which include the older generation gaming).

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
Hello,

1.) I am interested in boards regarding things like Fakemon (creating them), cosplaying, collecting toys, and discussions with past and upcoming installments.

2.)I don't really know what Roleplaying is so I will need to be enlightened. I wanna know about other boards are there available that may contain my interested because it may be categorized there.

3.)Yes. I feel like theres a lot to learn since I'm pretty new with the forum community. I would like to get exposed with the other things I may or may not have heard of as long as the one unifying theme is Pokemon.

4.) I'd like to get acquainted with lots of people hopefully becoming penpals and networking with Pokefans all over the world!

Years
There's a few mentors I can recommend you: Requility or PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling Center, AlexOzzyCake for PokemonClubs, and Miss Doronjo or PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplaying. I think based on your request you're more interested in CBC, so maybe the first two mentors I mentioned would be a good fit. Both have extensive experience in competitive battling.

RAWR I HATE DECISIONS X.X

I think I would like to have Requilty as my mentor if that is ok with her. Please brief me on what I should do now lol =D

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hello,

1.) I am interested in boards regarding things like Fakemon (creating them), cosplaying, collecting toys, and discussions with past and upcoming installments.

2.)I don't really know what Roleplaying is so I will need to be enlightened. I wanna know about other boards are there available that may contain my interested because it may be categorized there.

3.)Yes. I feel like theres a lot to learn since I'm pretty new with the forum community. I would like to get exposed with the other things I may or may not have heard of as long as the one unifying theme is Pokemon.

4.) I'd like to get acquainted with lots of people hopefully becoming penpals and networking with Pokefans all over the world!

Your interests kinda fall under the General category, since we don't really have a board that focuses on cosplaying or collecting toys. So Pokemon General with Toujours seems a good fit. We also have Kura who would love to take you around the Art Gallery's Pixel art section if you're interested in that as well. :D

Oh Kuuuuuuuuuuuura! <3

RAWR I HATE DECISIONS X.X

I think I would like to have Requilty as my mentor if that is ok with her. Please brief me on what I should do now lol =D

Requility just told me you've been adopted by her. So have fun! :)

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yup! COSPLAY! Just my thing! And I'm big on toys, too! Totally check out Hobby Link japan for their deals on Japanese import toys! And yes! I agree I love to connect. I've met like.. 6 PC members IRL, and knew another 3 active members too <3 Horray PC is a real community.

Seriously I'd love to show you around just about anywhere on PC. I am rubbish at the pokemon sections though, because I'm not into it as much anymore, but I can definitely help with any questions or forum rules or whatnot.

I'm also more big on traditional art than pixel art. Just let me know if you'd rather do something more along the pokemon route whilst you're here.. or if you would rather branch out into the other forums.. so you could pick between Toujours (she's poke-savvy and awesome) or me!

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
I would like to be adopted *puppy dog eyes* im intrested in rom hacking but i have no idea how to do it and would love a mentor who could show me the best programs for rom hacking.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh you adorable new member. Of course you can get a mentor, and we definitely have ROM Hacking mentors available for you right now. We have both DrFuji and SwiftSign right now, and both of them are very knowledgeable and have been around the Emulation section for quite a while.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
Yup! COSPLAY! Just my thing! And I'm big on toys, too! Totally check out Hobby Link japan for their deals on Japanese import toys! And yes! I agree I love to connect. I've met like.. 6 PC members IRL, and knew another 3 active members too <3 Horray PC is a real community.

Seriously I'd love to show you around just about anywhere on PC. I am rubbish at the pokemon sections though, because I'm not into it as much anymore, but I can definitely help with any questions or forum rules or whatnot.

I'm also more big on traditional art than pixel art. Just let me know if you'd rather do something more along the pokemon route whilst you're here.. or if you would rather branch out into the other forums.. so you could pick between Toujours (she's poke-savvy and awesome) or me!

So have I been officially adopted by Kura? I'm actually not sure. :p

Can anyone also help me get started? like creating icons and sigs?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Kura has offered you to be your mentor, so you can say that. :D She can also help you get started on getting an avatar and signature set up. She'll be more than happy to show you around the many avatar and sig shops out there at the Gallery.

rosierjay

Lillipup Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2012
1. What boards are you most interested in? trading and maybe rpg
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?trading
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? rpging
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? maybe make a shop and
get to know others with my interest. also learn how to navigate this pc. it's alot different than what i've done in the past.
other basic stuff in the game too. (like hidden abilities, how to find that out. why some OT are red and others are blue) and where the best place in pc to ask these kind of questions.

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to get some mentoring :D

Interests:

• ROM Hacking, learning about the tools and basics and what not
  • Sprite creation, I have a knack for making characters and would like to try my hand at that
  • Cry creation, if anyone even knows how to do that here. I'm wanting to work on making my own ROM with my own pokemon creations with crys and all. I know it'll take forever but I just need the training to slowly create my own masterpiece.
  • Advanced Generation games are my most favorite, but i'd like to look into ways of cross platforming Generation IV and V to GBA format and editing those ROMS, probably falls under ROM hacking.
Anyways, I hope that is enough, if not then please shoot me an email at any time if you need some more information. I'm hoping to use what I learn hear to help me in college to open more doors for me. Be it jobs during college, hobbies, or a career. I just feel compelled that Pokemon can help me with that some how. It's a powerful game, I mean we all know that. It just moves me a lot and feels right.

Sincerely, Jay

Love, Peace, and Beats

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? trading and maybe rpg
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?trading
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? rpging
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? maybe make a shop and
get to know others with my interest. also learn how to navigate this pc. it's alot different than what i've done in the past.
other basic stuff in the game too. (like hidden abilities, how to find that out. why some OT are red and others are blue) and where the best place in pc to ask these kind of questions.

Trading is really fun! We have TwilightBlade, Sydian, and Livewire available for the Trade Corner, they can also teach you how to navigate around PC, as well as trading at the Trade Corner. I recommend you read their biographies on the second post of this thread and you can decide which mentor seems perfect for you. :)

I'd like to get some mentoring :D

Interests:

• ROM Hacking, learning about the tools and basics and what not
  • Sprite creation, I have a knack for making characters and would like to try my hand at that
  • Cry creation, if anyone even knows how to do that here. I'm wanting to work on making my own ROM with my own pokemon creations with crys and all. I know it'll take forever but I just need the training to slowly create my own masterpiece.
  • Advanced Generation games are my most favorite, but i'd like to look into ways of cross platforming Generation IV and V to GBA format and editing those ROMS, probably falls under ROM hacking.
Anyways, I hope that is enough, if not then please shoot me an email at any time if you need some more information. I'm hoping to use what I learn hear to help me in college to open more doors for me. Be it jobs during college, hobbies, or a career. I just feel compelled that Pokemon can help me with that some how. It's a powerful game, I mean we all know that. It just moves me a lot and feels right.

Sincerely, Jay

Love, Peace, and Beats

Well...I can at least direct you to a mentor if you want to learn about ROM Hacking, its tools and tutorials and the basics but I don't quite think our two mentors can show you the rest. xD If you're still interested, both DrFuji and SwiftSign are available to take you on and give you a tour of the Emulation section. :)

rosierjay

Lillipup Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2012
Trading is really fun! We have TwilightBlade, Sydian, and Livewire available for the Trade Corner, they can also teach you how to navigate around PC, as well as trading at the Trade Corner. I recommend you read their biographies on the second post of this thread and you can decide which mentor seems perfect for you. :)

Well...I can at least direct you to a mentor if you want to learn about ROM Hacking, its tools and tutorials and the basics but I don't quite think our two mentors can show you the rest. xD If you're still interested, both DrFuji and SwiftSign are available to take you on and give you a tour of the Emulation section. :)
Cool thanks!! if TwilightBlade is able to that would be awesome! I haven't meet to many other female trainers (like myself) online. and the profile seem more geared to alot of the things i don't understand. please let me know what i should do. i'm really excited for this opportunity! thank you!

Red99

World Champion
Years
1) What boards are you most interested in?
Creating tools for hacking.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
I would like to understand the codes and process of hacking games.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
Probably not, I'm mainly fixed on this topic.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
I want to study up to actually create a game from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back