• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2013 TV Season

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Scratch what I said earlier: watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, will watch Masters of Sex and may get on board with Trophy Wife if people still seem to like it after about 5 or 6 episodes. Fun times! :D

Guy

just a guy
Years
Scratch what I said earlier: watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, will watch Masters of Sex and may get on board with Trophy Wife if people still seem to like it after about 5 or 6 episodes. Fun times! :D
I watched the first episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but I just couldn't seem to get into it. Maybe if people are still talking about it and enjoying it I'll give it a second look when my schedule isn't so busy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
My list:

Once Upon a Time
Once Upon a time in Wonderland
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Sleepy Hollow
We Are Men
How I Met Your Mother
Lucky 7
Revolution
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Tomorrow People
The Walking Dead

I'm picking up about seven new shows this season, which is more than I usually try to watch. I tend to watch things the day after they air, so I'm trying to stick to a very specific viewing schedule for everything that manages the anime and cartoons and other shows from other countries I watch.

So far I'm loving Brooklyn Nine-Nine. While I enjoyed S.H.I.E.L.D. just fine with its first episode, I didn't get a great feel on the cast of characters. At least two of the main characters felt pretty bland to me and that's never a good thing. Nine-Nine hit the ground running with some solid and smart writing as well as a very colorful cast of characters I enjoyed watching. I'm hoping Fox is smart and moves it away from competing directly against S.H.I.E.L.D. - I don't think any show is going to be able to compete with that thing.

Beyond the "three episode rule" I like to impose on shows, I already see my list getting shorter by at least one: Lucky 7. The ratings for the first episode were terrible and that's such a shame. It's a pretty compelling show with a strong bunch of characters and a lot of different plot lines being set up right there in the first episode. It's difficult not to feel so vested in it, but I'm trying to distance myself just because I don't want to get into yet another show only to have its cancellation looming over.

Back