• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Well, that depends, really. What other Pokémon are you planning to have on your team? Personally, I've used both, and they seem to perform equally as good when battling. :]

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Yup, it depends. Synergy within your team is important, and use the one that counters type weaknesses that your other team members have, etc.

The megas and the additional typing they get also play a role. Charizard gets the Fire/Dragon typing but loses the flying one, while Venasaur gets an additional Poison typing. Move sets are something as well. Overall, there is no best. There's only the best when it's tailored to fit with your team.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
I just started to playing pokemon leaf green nuzlocke challenge for the first time and if anyone can gave me some good advice.
I'm new here and I do not know English well, so if you do not understand something ask me

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
I just started doing a Pokémon LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge for the first time. Can anyone can give me some good advice?
I'm new here and I do not know English very well, so if you do not understand something, ask me.

FTFY a bit.

Choose the best starter for earlier in game and just try your hardest. Also train all your Pokémon.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Evolution Confusion

So I'm playing a pokemon Emerald Randomised Nuzlocke and I had just beat one of the trainers in the desert area with my Kadabra, he hit level 29...and Evolved. I thought Kadabra only evolved by trading...can someone tell me why the heck he evolved by level?
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So I'm playing a pokemon Emerald Randomised Nuzlocke and I had just beat one of the trainers in the desert area with my Kadabra, he hit level 29...and Evolved. I thought Kadabra only evolved by trading...can someone tell me why the heck he evolved by level?
Thanks in advance.

Hm, that's strange. I've never experienced anything like this when I'd played Emerald. Are you using cheat codes, by any chance? Maybe they've got something to do with this, like a side-effect of sorts? :o

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Nope, not used a single cheat code in this playthrough.

Btw I absolutely love Vulpix & Ninetales. If I ever need a fire type, I always catch a Female Vulpix and call her Mozilla (Vulpix being a fire type fox, Mozilla + Firefox xD)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I was thinking about roms as the answer but wasn't sure if you were playing one or not. I know for a modified game like a rom they'll change the trade evolution to a level-based evolution since trading isn't possible. I recently came across this in a game with Seadra evolving into Kingdra without trade, so I think that's what's going on in your game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
(Firered) PokeNoob here, question about EXP Share

So I reached the east of Fuschia city to talk to the guy who has EXP share. Problem is, I have only almost 30 pokemon in my dex. Kind of sounds like I'm lagging behind in capturing pokemon. Should I go back to all the previous areas to capture what I have missing from my Pokedex or just continue from where I left off?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So I reached the east of Fuschia city to talk to the guy who has EXP share. Problem is, I have only almost 30 pokemon in my dex. Kind of sounds like I'm lagging behind in capturing pokemon. Should I go back to all the previous areas to capture what I have missing from my Pokedex or just continue from where I left off?

I'd say continue from where you left off, as going through previous areas could be a bit of pain. Once you have Fly, though, it shouldn't be much of an issue. :]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

Like Vulpix stated, I would just wait till you get the option to Fly. Although the Experience Share is really handy, back tracking is a drag and will just ruin the experience a little bit. If I were you, just continue on your journey and continue catching Pokemon along the way. That way when you do eventually obtain Fly, you will have very little Pokemon left to capture!

Sasuke Uchiha

The Avenger
Years
Need Help On Picking Starter~Emerald~

As the title says i need help for picking on picking a Hoenn starter,So It would be really appreciated if you guys could tell me what starter I should pick and which one's have you picked when you played or are playing currently. Right now I'm thinking of using Torchic But that's personal preference.(By the way Mostly looking for the starter that will help me beat the game.)

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Mudkip is probably the best if you want to speed through the game. Ts a bulky water/ground type making it only not do good against grass, however that is a big part throughout the game, so I'd say pick up an early Tailow as well.
Torchic is a good physical attacker that's Fire and Fighting and is also really good.
Treecko is basically just a speed demon with a bad move pool until later on, but it does help a lot.
They are all just fine options, but I'd say Swampert/Mudkip is your best bet.

Cinderella

Ooh, she's a little runaway~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I'm gonna have to say Mudkip. Its typing is nice and the only problems you'll probably have are against the rival with their grass starter. It's a good tank and has decent attack power as well.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I always use Torchic because iy can easily defeat the first 3 gyms. Then Flannery is easy amd Norman is taken out. The only one I had real ttouble with was the twins but by yhen I had picked ip Seviper/Mightyena.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've played through Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald dozens of time before, and I mostly chose Torchic and Mudkip when it came to selecting a starter. With Blaziken, you could take down opponents pretty easily, as it's very powerful offensively. It's also quite fast, too. Swampert, as stated before, makes a great wall; with its help, you could endure countless amount of hits when battling and last longer turns. d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back