• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Time of Rebellion

Should Pokemon ToR include any of the original 695 pokemon + our fakemon?

• Yes, all 695

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, none at all

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Yes, but not all 695.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Title.png

Introduction
Pokemon Time of Rebellion is a pokemon game being developed by some of my friends and myself. It is our first project ever.

The game will be set in the new region of "Arora". There will ONLY be fakemon in the game. We hope to achieve a game that is different from other fan-made games. Thank you for checking it out, and we hope you play it when it comes out.

Feel free to leave feedback. Please do!

Story

Spoiler:

Knights and Heroes

Spoiler:

TheTournament
Spoiler:

Characters
Spoiler:

The 8 Knights and 6 Heroes
Spoiler:

The Features

Spoiler:

Team Comet

Spoiler:

Organizations/Clans/Guilds

Spoiler:

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Our Team

OldBarrel- Head of Pokemon Jade, ideas, plot, editing, mapping, eventing

Yoni- Co-Founder of Jade, ideas, plot, minor mapping.

LittleRed- Mapping, editing

Hagler/Typhlosion04- Pokedex entries, Fakemon ideas

Pkmn.Master- A LOT of help, battle screens, mapping

Ivee- Fakemon

Akuma-Tsubasa- Character sprites

Zusuriki- Fakemon

We Need YOUR help!

We can not finish this project without your help! We are in need of a team of people more experienced then ourselves who can help us along the way. If your interested in helping, please message me, and say so in the comments!

What we need-

-Spriters
-Artists- Fakemon, Sprites, Tiles, Backrounds, Ect.
-Mappers- Will work with me on making maps.
-Scripters- Will script the game. Neither my friends or I know how to script.
-Ect- Good at something I failed to mention? Want to help? Feel free to let me know!

Credits

Poccil-Poke Essentials
Kyledove- Some tiles
07harris- Some tiles

Dudlyspud- Some tiles
lotusking- Some tiles
thatsowitty- An awesome public tileset
alstair- some tiles
WesleyFG- Many tiles

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
This looks like a promising project. I have a bit of input. In the pictures, the autotile I see used for the dirt path appear to be the FR/LG ones that come with Essentials. This wouldn't be a problem if you used only FR/LG style tiles, but you are mainly using newer generation tiles. This and the tall grass tiles you used in the first image are also FR/LG style. I'd suggest using Kyledove's dirt autotile, and his tall grass tiles, since they would complement the complete area better (PM me if you need these).

I am liking your region map's position of routes and towns. My game primarily forces people to go one way, but this looks interesting, as it is a branching map. I also like how you created an original prologue, by this I mean how the player gets his Pokemon. Almost everyone here uses the same old "it's your (insert age here)th birthday and professor (insert witty professor name here) will give you a choice of three Pokemon:, and I'm tired of seeing that, so I'm glad you changed it up. Finally, I would like to wish you some luck. I have worked with several Pokemon fan game projects on RMXP and have gained vast experience. I have had a few failed projects. Most projects don't get finished, unfortunately. I hope that you stick with it and if you need any help with something, let me know.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
HEy there thanks for the advice! I do need those dirt and grass tiles. It was a pain resizing everything correctly.

If you are able to help with anything mentioned in the list aswell, that would be awesome.

Again thanks for the feedback!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Everything in the screenshots looks badly resized.
My suggestion would be to go to an XP version of Paint and select your tiles and press 'CTRL' + '+' it will double the size of the image, making it the perfect size for RMXP projects.

Also, the story, it seems good.
But these Legendaries? Are they new ones? Or already used ones?

In fact, I didn't see it written anywhere, are you using the current 649? Or adding your own?

Anyway, I wish you good luck on this project.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Everything in the screenshots looks badly resized.
My suggestion would be to go to an XP version of Paint and select your tiles and press 'CTRL' + '+' it will double the size of the image, making it the perfect size for RMXP projects.

Also, the story, it seems good.
But these Legendaries? Are they new ones? Or already used ones?

In fact, I didn't see it written anywhere, are you using the current 649? Or adding your own?

Anyway, I wish you good luck on this project.

It says at the start of the thread that he is using only fakemon.

Indeed, I didn't notice the resizing. Really, it isn't all to bad, as I only see that the houses have this problem. Just experiment with resizing them. If you want, you could send me a PM with your outside tileset and I can help correct this for you.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It says at the start of the thread that he is using only fakemon.

Indeed, I didn't notice the resizing. Really, it isn't all to bad, as I only see that the houses have this problem. Just experiment with resizing them. If you want, you could send me a PM with your outside tileset and I can help correct this for you.

Oh, I see now.
My apologies, I missed that bit. -3-

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Im new to tile work, so ill check out that ctrl +, +. Thats also why I need someone for tiles. Im no good at that. Atleast not yet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
If your good at any of the following please let me know!

-Spriters
-Ect- Good at something I failed to mention? Want to help? Feel free to let me know!

Also leave some more comments! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

PS-Crimsonwood is being re-done. Screenshots soon.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
If your good at any of the following please let me know!

-Spriters

Also leave some more comments! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

PS-Crimsonwood is being re-done. Screenshots soon.

I can Map and Overworld Sprite, chek out my pictures on deviant art
nintendork15.deviantart.com

Go look and PM if you want my help.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Working on an awesome new tileset now! Will be put to use immediatly.

Also nintendork15 is now a part of the team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Finally got a new tileset. I re-made Crimsonwood, and I made Route 1. Here are some screenshots.

JadeScreeny1-1.png
[/IMG]

JadeScreeny2-1.png
[/IMG]

JadeScreeny3-1.png
[/IMG]

jadescreeny4.png
[/IMG]

Those are all Crimsonwood.

JadeScreeny6.png
[/IMG]

Jadescreeny7.png
[/IMG]

That is Route 1.

Please leave comments, and enjoy!

Also, if anyone is able to do any of the following, please pm me, and say so here.

-Spriters

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
That Route 1 map, is my main concern.
You seem to have overspammed it with grass.
I suggest letting some of the grass go, and fill it with other stuff such as, jumpable ledges and flowers, or stuff like that.
Also, that's a lot of uneeded tries around the top.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Alright ill fix it up. Crimsonwood is good though?

NEED SOME;

Mappers, Fakemon Artists, and Scripters. Let me know if your willing to help please!

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
Years
Don't forget to credit ThatsSoWitty for tilesets either (I did make the blue and white houses, the two tile trees, the smaller tree stumps, and the sticks on the ground. When I say you have to credit me for using my tilesets, I mean it because I design most of what goes on there or edit a majority of it).
Your maps are a bit too sqaure, and the first image is a bit weird. You can't use stairs with the ledges.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I did credit you. I think you missed it. Your towards the end of the credits.

And ill check out removing those stairs. I thought it looked fine, but ill check it out.

Thanks for commenting! And for those tiles!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
JadeScreeny1-1.png

The stairs is done wrong, there should be any at all.
JadeScreeny2-1.png

This buildings shadow is way to thick, as is the Blue roofed house, set the colour of it to Semi Transperent when inserting.
JadeScreeny3-1.png

This house has no shadow?! Yet the others do? And Spammed with flowers much?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Thank you Tru Eagle.

Nintendork. Yes I did kind of spam flowers. And I did not realize there was not shadow. Ill fix it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
JadeScreeny1-1.png

The stairs is done wrong, there should be any at all.

I like the new tiles, and this is a clever little idea, I do believe in real life, you can hop off of ledges, even if they have stairs... Stairs are safer, jumping down the ledges is quicker, there's nothing saying you can't have this, I would, however, tidy this up a little... It looks a slight bit odd that the ledge just stops, nearer the stairs.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like the new tiles, and this is a clever little idea, I do believe in real life, you can hop off of ledges, even if they have stairs... Stairs are safer, jumping down the ledges is quicker, there's nothing saying you can't have this, I would, however, tidy this up a little... It looks a slight bit odd that the ledge just stops, nearer the stairs.

Those stairs are for going down a ledge facing north.
Yet the ledge is facing south.

Back