• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
being a NA person, I had to wait until a few days ago... and I just got my copy of Lost World for 3ds yesterday. Haven't been able to play it, since I'm busy sewing costumes for Halloween... including... SONIC!

I'm about to start on it as of this post. I'll have pics when it's done!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
One of our co-owners, Artificial-Insanity, has changed her username to BakingBluePotatoe.

Unfortunately, I haven't delved in any kind of Sonic-related activity in a few months. :( I don't have a WiiU, but I may consider getting Lost World on the 3DS. However, I've read mixed reviews. I may watch a let's play, so anyone have any recommendations?

Has anyone here ever done any Sonic Roleplaying? Be it, as official characters, or fan-characters?
Nope, I've never started/joined a roleplay. I do imagine stories in my head when I can't fall asleep, though. My stories have Mobius and Earth split in two (a la Sonic X) and there's an emphasis on god-like beings. Chaos isn't the only one around capable of wrecking havoc, basically. I've never had a real creative side, though. orz

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
GAH! Gais, we gotta fix this dying club! Let's do a trivia contest!

Dr. Eggman's doomsday device, commonly called the "Death Egg" makes referance to what popular 1977 movie series?

I'll post the next Q after Christmas.

--

In other news, several of the online radio stations focusing around Sonic (and even Radio Nintendo!) teamed up and did a 24 hour marathon known as Project 24 recently. How many of you guys tuned in, and if so, did you enjoy it?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Username: Oxidation.
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Tails. :3
17. What Sonic game do you believe is overrated and why? Sonic Colors. I don't know if it's my hate for color, but seeing as how I didn't like the way the world was handled in that game, I find it overrated.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
Username: braixen
Favorite Sonic Character(s): knuckles
Has anyone here ever done any Sonic Roleplaying? Be it, as official characters, or fan-characters? the only roleplaying i have ever done for anything ever was when i was in middle school on the 4kids forums LOL. i used to roleplay my own sonic ocs. not really any official characters.

Dr. Eggman's doomsday device, commonly called the "Death Egg" makes referance to what popular 1977 movie series?
isn't it star wars?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Welcome, Braxien, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And yes, the answer was Star Wars.

---

Also, I think it would be best for everyone to PM ME THE ANSWERS from now on.

It is common knowlage that Sonic is afraid of water, however, STC also shows him with another phobia. What is this phobia?

I will post the answer in 2 weeks, on January 8th.

I guess if you guys want a prize, I guess I can tally up points for correct answers.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Username:Dragon_Trainer
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Shadow the hedgehog
34. Any moments in the series (including games, comics, movies, cartoons) that evoked an emotional response from you?
Yes........ The moment during the third season when Shadow returns to the series......... I was overjoyed at that moment and literally started jumping up and down!
33. What is your favorite idle animation from any character?
Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic Battle(GBA)
32. What would happen if Eggman DID succeed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?
It has been shown at the end of Season Two when Sonic didn't come back to Mobius(home planet) that Eggman was very bored and lonesome due to the absence of his Rival.........
31. Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?
I always liked the anime personality better than the game personalities............
30. Anybody go to Sonic Boom or watch a Livestream of the event? If you can't attend events, would you like to?
Of course I would......... I am a Die-Hard Sonic fan!
29. What do you think about the Deadly Six from Lost World? How bad should they be? Do you have a favorite?
Never heard of them......... Sorry
28. Sonic Lost World! What are your initial impressions? Speculations? Wishes? Criticisms? Discuss to your heart's content.
Never played/watched it........... Sorry again
27. Did you ever spent most of your time taking care of your chao or you mostly focused on the main storyline?
I usually focused on the main storyline rather than the Chao garden but I really did like the cute little things........ They are so cute <3
26. Anyone else disappointed to have Tails's mission done in a machine?
Quite frankly, I don't understand your question.......
25. Has anyone played Sonic Jump?
It isn't supported by my mobile............ I have the game though :P
24. Did anyone here watch Eddie Lebron's fan film?
Nope......... Never heard of it....... Sorry.........
23. Who is your favorite villain?
I'd say that my favorite villain was metal sonic and then Shadow the hedgehog when he fought with sonic...........
22. What are your top 3 favorite stages of all time and from which games?
Angel Island- Act1 and Act2- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Lava Reef Zone-Act1, Act2, Act3 and Act4- Sonic the hedgehog 3
I can't decide the third one!
21. If you're looking to get Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, which version are you looking to get?
I'm planning to get Sonic and Sega all stars racing..........
20. What do you think about Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?
I have only seen the His World OVA........... I liked it........... I would like to watch a movie too............
19. Have you played any fan-created Sonic games? What's your opinion on them?
I haven't played anything of that sort.......... Neither do I ever want to.........
18. What do you think about Sonic's appearance in Wreck-It-Ralph or about the movie in general?
Never seen the movie............
17. What Sonic game do you believe is overrated and why?
Sonic is shown racing and snow-boarding in some games........... I think that's too overrated......... I mean, the guy can do supersonic speed......... Why the hell would he need a car or snowboard?!
16. What did you do for Sonic's 20th anniversary, June 23, 2011? Do you celebrate Sonic's anniversary?
I played the original series comprising of Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3 and Sonic and Knuckles........... It was fun to watch the events held on youtube too...........
15. Have you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2006?
Nope.......... What is it?
14. What is the highest score you have ever obtained?
I never saw my score.......... I played the games because it didn't have a score system..............
13. If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)?
I would like a full 3D remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 with a better AI and more challenging levels............ I would also like many characters to be introduced especially Shadow the hedgehog and all of them to be playable with independent story lines..........
12. Who do you think should be the ideal Playable Characters? Or is Sonic the only good one?
I would like to have all of them but usually I prefer Sonic over the others............
11. If you could live at any of the zones or places, where would you live and why?
Hidden Palace Zone of course!
10. Which of the spinoff-type (non-platformer game featuring Sonic or his buddies as a main character) Sonic games is your favorite?
I don't know.......... I never play favorites with my games...........
9. Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages?
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
8. The 3D Sonic games (Adventure, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What is your personal opinion of them?
I have played Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3D Blast. I didn't like the graphics in 3D blast but Sonic Heroes was a great game....... I don't think it should have a bad rep.........
7. Do you purchase re-releases of Sonic games?
I am a Pirate xD
6. Do you own any Sonic merchandise?
I've got nothing............ :(
5. What Sonic games have you not played, but would like too?
I want to play Sonic Unleashed and Shadow the Hedgehog.............
4. What is your favorite stage from any Sonic game?
That's quite tough........... I'd say Lava Reef Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 particularly because of the music.............
3. How has the Sonic series influenced your life?
Sonic has always inspired me to try break dance and parkour..........
2. Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games?
Not exactly.........
1. What is your favorite Sonic video game?
I don't play favorites.......... :P

There all done............

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Oh and I didn't know you were a member here Potatoe!

Hehehehe, Indeed I am, ChaosBlue! You probably didn't recognize me since I had a different name until... a few weeks ago was it?

Username:Dragon_Trainer
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Shadow the hedgehog

(ANSWERSTOSTUFF)

Whooooooo boy, you went all out answering didn't you, Dragon_Trainer? WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

--

And shame on all of you for not sending me any PMs. Then again, I also forgot to come up with a new question on the 8th.

Hm.

What do you guys want? Should I just post random trivia instead?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Username: [supporter]Axeliira[/supporter]
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Tails & Knuckles!

I'm a somewhat on again/off again fan of Sonic. I've been playing the older games for years now and they can't cease to entertain me. My favorite game is Sonic the Hedgehog 2, where I played the whole game as Tails instead of Sonic himself xD I've played most of the Sega Genesis version of the games and haven't really moved on to the Nintendo version, although I haaave played as Sonic in Brawl as well as rented Mario & Sonic & the London Olympics a few times before...and I thought it was a pretty decent game. :)

Has anyone here ever done any Sonic Roleplaying? Be it, as official characters, or fan-characters?
I find it amazing that there's even Sonic RP's and even I've seen a couple on PC. I haven't bothered participating, but I would love to try sometime! Might take me a while to come up with an actual OC. xD

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Username: Anvils Alive
Favorite Sonic Characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Espio, and other one or two-off characters that have moved on to the comics (Mighty, for example). I also respect how Rouge is a treasure-snagging spy.

How has the Sonic series influenced your life?
It's the reason I started playing video games in the first place. Also, it was kind of a gateway to ROM hacking for me. I even have a few disassemblies of the Genesis games lying around!

Did you ever spend most of your time taking care of your Chao or you mostly focused on the main storyline?
A mix if it's the Adventure games, but without any Chao, I always go for the main story.

Do you purchase re-releases of Sonic games?
I have Sonic Mega Collection and Gems Collection! Sonic CD itself, too, should the Kindle/Android/iOS build count.

Who do you think should be the ideal Playable Characters? Or is Sonic the only good one?
Sonic-only affairs are slightly overblown in my opinion, so at least Tails and Knuckles should join in. Some other character like Shadow, Amy, or even Espio is all right, but too many characters spoils the game. Five is my personal maximum, judging from the magnificent hack Sonic MegaMix.

Have you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2006?
Yeah, sure. It's actually all right as it is (Pseudo-parkour feel and all), but if it weren't for the odd story and painfully fast development, I honestly think it would have made every other game seem overrated in comparison.

Sirc

Azrael Nightmaren
Years
Username: Sirc
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic, Shadow, Eggman, Knuckles, Espio, Vector, annnd...Fang
Topic :
Yep! Sonic candies, chaos emeralds, blanket, and bobble head!

DarkLatias

Just call me Latias
Years
Username: DarkLatais

Favorite Sonic Character: Sonic, Shadow, Cosmo The Seedrain, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Tails Doll...i'll just stop right here.

I have roleplayed as official Sonic characters and my fan characters. I have to say they are pretty fun. I would love to do a Sonic roleplay on here if anyone is interested. ^_^

15. Have you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2006?

Yes, yes I have. I actually still own it. I don't get those stupid mini games they just take up time, and the bugs in that game can be annoying, but I find them more funny.

Did you ever spend most of your time taking care of your Chao or you mostly focused on the main storyline?

I do a little bit of both, I love my Chao's very dearly and I wished Sega would bring them back

How has the Sonic series influenced your life?

Sonic has influenced me to be stronger and handle situations better...its not working very well for me. XD

Do you purchase re-releases of Sonic games?

Yes I have. I own Sonic Mega Collection.

Yep, I own a Sonic and Shadow plushie and I love them very much.

20. What do you think about Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?

Once you get past the bad voice actors the Sonic OVA is quite enjoyable in my opinion.

19. Have you played any fan-created Sonic games? What's your opinion on them?

Does Sonic.EXE and Tails Nightmare 1 and 2 count? If so they aren't that bad.

34. Any moments in the series (including games, comics, movies, cartoons) that evoked an emotional response from you?

Yep. When I watched the Japanese version of Sonic X episode 77 and 78 I was upset when Cosmo died. I was also upset when Sonic got upset when he realized all his friends were gone when I was watching some Sonic Lost World cutscenes on Youtube...and lets not forget about Maria. I just want to hug Shadow, okay?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Hoo boy, new members! 8D

Welcome, Axeliira, Anvils Alive, Sirc, & DarkLatias!

I have roleplayed as official Sonic characters and my fan characters. I have to say they are pretty fun. I would love to do a Sonic roleplay on here if anyone is interested. ^_^

You have my support!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think a sonic roleplay would be perfect. You should go make one at the Roleplay Corner. It's overdue for one imo!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
So, you guys are really that interested, eh? x3 Well, I suppose maybe I can come up with something for us all!

So! How about we do a quick vote on what the RP shall be?
First off, Should it be OC-centric, Officials-centric, or a mix of both?
Second, regardless of the first answer, Should Eggman be the main problem, or should there be a different villain?

Years
Username: Everest
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic, Knuckles, Robotnik
Answer a Discussion Topic - The Sonic series has influenced my life a great deal. Even if I've always been of the opinion that you should do your best to preserve nature, it was the Sonic games and especially the "SatAm" show that really got me "passionate" about natural protection. There was also a social dimension for me here as a child - a small collective, living in the forest and fighting for freedom and peace against the dictatorial and polluting military-industrial complex of Robotropolis. I'd be lying if I said that this has been the only factor, but Sonic has definitely been a factor that influenced me in choosing geography as a my field of study at university with the goal of working with development issues and natural protection.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Username: Everest
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic, Knuckles, Robotnik
Answer a Discussion Topic - The Sonic series has influenced my life a great deal. Even if I've always been of the opinion that you should do your best to preserve nature, it was the Sonic games and especially the "SatAm" show that really got me "passionate" about natural protection. There was also a social dimension for me here as a child - a small collective, living in the forest and fighting for freedom and peace against the dictatorial and polluting military-industrial complex of Robotropolis. I'd be lying if I said that this has been the only factor, but Sonic has definitely been a factor that influenced me in choosing geography as a my field of study at university with the goal of working with development issues and natural protection.

That's certainly an interesting story you have there, Everest... by the way, should I call you that or Orogenes?

DarkCloud1267

Master Trainer
Years
Username: DarkCloud1267
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic, Shadow

What is your favorite Sonic video game? Sonic 3 and knuckles and Sonic Adventure 2 battle

Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games?: well we dont currently know any upcoming games...but i am curious to see what the third one is for the Nintendo/Sega deal

How has the Sonic series influenced your life?:Hmmm....well ive met alot of cool people because of series. it also thanks to sonic that i can voice act^^ sonic is the best voice i can do

Back