• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
The Hoenn games were my favourite, I remember when I got a green Gameboy Advance SP with Emerald (best Christmas present ever). I wasn't surprised that they made remakes. I thought that would be there next remake after HeartGold and SoulSilver. I am hoping that they make the Blazikenite mainstream in ORAS as I missed out on the torchic event in X/Y. I think they will do an awesome job at it, with hopefully a few extra additions to the storyline or gameplay just to spice things up a little. Looking forward to November, just like all of you lot out there.
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, I haven't been on here for around 2 months because I have been travelling Europe so I apologise if necessary.

Years
The Hoenn games were my favourite, I remember when I got a green Gameboy Advance SP with Emerald (best Christmas present ever). I wasn't surprised that they made remakes. I thought that would be there next remake after HeartGold and SoulSilver. I am hoping that they make the Blazikenite mainstream in ORAS as I missed out on the torchic event in X/Y. I think they will do an awesome job at it, with hopefully a few extra additions to the storyline or gameplay just to spice things up a little. Looking forward to November, just like all of you lot out there.
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, I haven't been on here for around 2 months because I have been travelling Europe so I apologise if necessary.

Don't worry, I'm absolutely sure the Blazikenite will be easily obtainable in OR/AS given that all the Hoenn starters now have a Mega. While it's not known when the starter's Mega Stone will be obtained, I'm pretty sure that if you choose Torchic you'll be sure to get a Blazikenite.

Years
What do you guys plan to do when the game comes out? Release party, all-nighter to complete the game in one sitting? Go slow and savor it, draw out your first run for months? I'd like to hear what y'all are doing. My friend is throwing a party at which we intend to stay up all night playing it, which I can't wait for B)

I'm sure I will draw it out for a decent amount of time like I did in y. Of course doing it that way in y, my teams was overpowered in every gym battle. So if the exp share is like it was in y, i will probably turn it off so the game will take longer.
A party sounds like a blast!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I have Thanksgiving break the week after ORAS comes out, so I'm probably gonna get a lot of my gameplay done then :D (Plus, I'll probably have at least one test beforehand, or at least one paper or project to do, orz) Knowing me, I'll probably play through Omega Ruby fairly quickly (much like I did with Y when I got it), then take my time on Alpha Sapphire (which I did on X). A party would be really cool, but I don't have any friends at my college, so it likely won't happen XD (Of course, who's to say my online friends won't have a digital party I can attend, hmm?)

Wooo, let's have a digiparty :) There's nobody I know in real life who's going to be buying ORAS, so it would be fun to chat & play with y'all here!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't have know anybody in real life either who plays these games. It must be fun to have company around.
I'm glad that the release is on a Friday as it gives me the weekend to play. I usually take a week to finish games, at least I did with White 2 and Y.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't know anybody in real life who would play ORAS, aside from one of my friends. She moved to California with her family a couple of years ago, though, but if she does wind up getting either of these games, I'd still be able to battle and trade with her. Wish there were more, but oh well; at least one is better than zero!

Years
Wooo, let's have a digiparty :) There's nobody I know in real life who's going to be buying ORAS, so it would be fun to chat & play with y'all here!

We could totally have a party via Skype or something, y/y? 8) Though, celebrating in this thread or section would probably work, too XD

Related, but I also thought a bit about how to prepare for the release (besides chatting about in and speculating). I'm hoping a "30 Days of Hoenn/ORAS" pops up a month before the release, because those are always fun to do~ (If one doesn't pop up, I'll make one myself, though I doubt I'll need to do that haha.)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
That 30 days thing sounds like fun :o if it does happen, then I'd probably spend a month playing the Hoenn games and watching the Hoenn-set anime episodes and/or movies. Though, I've never done anything like that, so idk..

Years
Corocoro may leak any day now. If it's not too early like last months then two days at the earliest until it comes out (tends to come out around the 10-12).

Years
Looking at the previous CoroCoro reveals this year (1/10, 2/13 3/13, 4/12, 5/11, 6/7), it'd be fair to assume the next reveal will be coming out either sometime this week or early next week. Hopefully it'll be the former!

re: thing to do to prepare, I think having a bunch of events on the forum would be neat, too. I remember something like that happening here either before or after BW were released, where there was a scavenger hunt, word search, and other cute/fun events. There is the speculation contest and the weekly polls, but it can't hurt to have more fun things, right~?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Maybe we could have some character customization contest, where you try dressing your player up either as May or Brendan as best as possible? If you guys would like that, then I could go ahead and get it up, haha. I've been planning it for a while, but can't recall why I didn't proceed.

blue

gucci
Years
No doubt I'll be taking the day off for the release, not to mention it's a Friday so we have the weekend to follow! I'll do the same as I did with X & Y which was getting up really early and walking down to my nearest GAME store. n_n

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe we could have some character customization contest, where you try dressing your player up either as May or Brendan as best as possible? If you guys would like that, then I could go ahead and get it up, haha. I've been planning it for a while, but can't recall why I didn't proceed.
You didn't proceed with the idea because I thought it was a bad idea; that it would be too difficult for people to dress up as May and Brendan with X/Y's character customization options.

And then I was proven wrong when MIAU shared this link with us.

Years
^That is pretty cool; I remember thinking how some of the clothing were Red-esque but never thought how others could be used to make the character look like previous protags. XD Anyway, a character design contest to prepare for ORAS would be pretty neat, though maybe instead of dressing the characters as Brendan/May it could be red OR blue for Teams Magma and Aqua? The only problem with that is the last design contest theme was red AND blue, so to have a similar contest probably isn't a good idea, ahaha ;-;

I also like the idea of an Egg Swap (was sad that it didn't make it for the GT); it could be restricted to Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex, too, to keep the Hoenn feel. It'd also allow me to give out one Feebas out of the many I'll have bred by then.

Something else I can think of is to have a tourney via Pokemon Showdown where only Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex (minus Ubers) can be used.

Years
A tournament sounds like a lot of fun, and relatively simple! I can organize it, if others would be interested in participating! B) Out of all the suggestions, this one would make it easy for more people to take part in the fun, which is of course the most important thing. What do you guys think?

Also, if y'all are looking for a Hoenn-related event to take your mind off how far away ORAS release day is, I've heard that there's a really fun concept event going on in GT right now, you guys should check it out! o:

Years
A tournament sounds like a lot of fun, and relatively simple! I can organize it, if others would be interested in participating! B) Out of all the suggestions, this one would make it easy for more people to take part in the fun, which is of course the most important thing. What do you guys think?

I'd love to take part, so I think you should go ahead and organize it :3b

The Design a Hoenn Mega Evo. looks really cool; I've contemplated joining it but I dunno if I have enough time ;; (That being said, it doesn't seem like something that'll take a long time; if I can finish the PC Challenge by Thursday night, then I'll enter!)

Speaking of hosting, I'd be up for hosting an Egg Swap o: I've always wanted to host one, haha.

Years

Also, if y'all are looking for a Hoenn-related event to take your mind off how far away ORAS release day is, I've heard that there's a really fun concept event going on in GT right now, you guys should check it out! o:

I'm all for that. If you need any help setting it up I'll be happy to assist. Maybe in addition to pokémon in the Hoenn dex we can allow their Gen IV evolutions too to give more variety (Hoenn only two fully evolved ghost Pokémon in the Hoenn dex). We could also leave out Mega Blaziken so we can still use it if we're banning Hoenn ubers. It won't be a Hoenn party without it. Maybe everyone should be required to have a Hoenn starter on their team too...or maybe not...hmm...

Years
Hey guys, stop by the new OR/AS chat thread right here if you want to keep discussing. This one decided to flip out on me when I tried to merge some things so now it is time to lay it to rest. You've done well, OR/AS DCC version 1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back