• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Journey

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
level 4 seems kinda low but it is a new idea anyways, kinda cool too.

I actually was thinking of removing totally the leveling system and make them learn moves via TM only, and evolve trough friendship and stone alone, but I changed my mind when I realized this would make wild encounter a pain.
So you see, not so low, the level cap almost have been 1 ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
this kind of reminds me of a World of Warcraft project that lowers the level cap to 10. Interesting, innovative, and potentially worth a shot in the future. Good luck!

Thanks a lot man!
I hope you will have fun with the game when you'll play it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2018
So wait, are mons just restricted to 4 new moves (not including TMs)? That's not much to work with normally, since that's pretty much working with only one set viable. I would understand having something like a move-relearner or move tutor later in the game to get more powerful moves for each mon, although there would need to be a quite a few move tutors.

Then again, this seems like it's supposed to be a short game, so it might not be necessary.

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I just started off, and I already found a bug. It seems that you can't pick Elekid as a starter, as it just skips to the the next set of 3 instead. The game seems quite interesting, because it sure is different than any fan game I have ever played with 4 being the max level and all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
So wait, are mons just restricted to 4 new moves (not including TMs)? That's not much to work with normally, since that's pretty much working with only one set viable. I would understand having something like a move-relearner or move tutor later in the game to get more powerful moves for each mon, although there would need to be a quite a few move tutors.

Then again, this seems like it's supposed to be a short game, so it might not be necessary.

Pokemons learn 16 moves (4 by level) and more with TM, move tutor will be a thing too.
There is a few exception where pokemons learn a bit more or less, the caterpie line only learn 14, the skitty one (Tryad Island form) learn 17.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I just started off, and I already found a bug. It seems that you can't pick Elekid as a starter, as it just skips to the the next set of 3 instead. The game seems quite interesting, because it sure is different than any fan game I have ever played with 4 being the max level and all.

Yep, sorry for that, I normally only post uptdate each gym, but that's what I call a critical bug, V0.2.1 will be out some time today, it will fix that and some other minor problems.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
V0.2.1 is out, it fix all known bugs.
If you have any problems, please makes sure you have the V0.2.1 and not the V0.2.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2018
Pokemons learn 16 moves (4 by level) and more with TM, move tutor will be a thing too.
There is a few exception where pokemons learn a bit more or less, the caterpie line only learn 14, the skitty one (Tryad Island form) learn 17.

Thank you for the quick response!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
V0.3 is out!
So what's new?
The game now go until gym 2, I guess its approximativly 6 hours long if you are fast.
Nuzlocke and Semi Nuzlocke mode have been added.
Since there is no way to outlevel your opponents on this game I felt like Nuzlocke mode would be almost impossible, Semi Nuzlocke is like Nuzlocke, but without the permadeath of your fainted Pokemons.
Some "tutorial" NPCs have been scattered trough the world, I felt like they were necessary since this game is so different in so many ways.
And last but not least, the first legendary Pokemon is here, Mew! It's well hidden tought, will you be able to find it?
Have fun!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
so why the odd level cap? Just curious.

So you quickly reach max level, only fight trainer the same level of you, and everything is pure strategy.
It allow me to do some other cool stuff, like allowing the player to do the gym in the order they like.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I see. Makes sense.

My only issue besides is how you get a starter. Sure the idea is unique but having to go through the intro sequence again to try for a better nature to work with for a starter ends up making it a bit complicated.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I see. Makes sense.

My only issue besides is how you get a starter. Sure the idea is unique but having to go through the intro sequence again to try for a better nature to work with for a starter ends up making it a bit complicated.

I see :/
Well I don't want the player to be able to choose nature, but for the IVs, your starter is always a perfect Pokemon (6*31 IV)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I see I guess that ends up making it better then thanks for the heads up

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
V0.3.2 is out!

No new gym, but it is still a big update.
So what's new?

You can know choose where you want to begin your adventure (4 choices so far) You will get different starter and game experience depending on wich place you begin.

You get given a little boat and a lantern at the start of the game, so you are able to surf and use flash as soon as you begin the game.
This mean that a lot of zone who were innaccesible by water are now open to explore. Mainly two big zone, the bottom of union cave, and Slowking Throne, at the bottom of the Slowpoke well, where you will be able to discover a new little and rewarding adventure.

Due to the fact that you can begin your adventure wherever you choose, it wasn't logical to have low level trainer in one zone and gradually increase the difficulty, so there is know trainers of all levels scattered around, and you will know have te choice to fight them or not as you choose, they will tell you the level of their team beforehand. (for example:"This trainer team is level 1;2;2;4" means he has 4 pokemons, one level 1, two level 2 and one level 4.)

A flight service has been added to every major city, it can take you to any city you already visited.
(You still can use your Pokemon to fly if you have one who has it.)

318 Pokemons are know into the game.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Back