• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We'll interview your character

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
(Tel Ravane is an OC of mine who I haven't used yet, but might do in the future. Felt like fleshing him out a bit would be a good idea, since previously it's been more actions from him than anything else. And yeah, he's not too keen on the prospect of an interview of any kind :P)

What is your full name?

Tel frowns.

I'm usually not too keen on telling people my name immediately. Considering that it rather defies the entire point of an interview, though, have it your way. Tel Karius Ravane, at your service.

When and where were you born?

Are you always this intrusive? *Sigh*, 1462 DR, somewhere in Baldur's Gate, I think. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where.

Who are/were your parents?

Tel leans back in his seat and folds his arms, staring with a look that is difficult to judge.

I was raised by a human mage and an elf fighter, I'd really rather not get into details. What little memory I have of them before their untimely death is probably best left alone, and besides – who are you to be prying into such things?

Do you have any family other than your parents?

No, not as far as I am aware.

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?

Tel laughs, leaning a little forwards.

I take it you'd rather I just stick to one. There was the time I came across that sword spider who'd somehow managed to learn to speak common. Very polite, actually, quite articulate, good taste in books. Well, I say 'polite' – that's just up to the point it tried to kill me. Shame, really. I got on far better with the monstrous arachnid than I ever have with any humanoids. Of course, more notable stories were those of my actions in the Dale and around the Sword Coast, but they are rather too long to get into.

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.

I'm a nomad, actually, which kind of comes with the occupation. Noble suite in a classy inn one night, damp floor in a dim, dark cave the next. I've formed a few different groups of people on various adventures, but… none have really been a staple. The adventure finishes, and we move on. They're good people. Brave, strong, caring – well, except Jed, I guess – but they were… friends. And I miss them sometimes… but that's no concern of yours.

What do you do for a living?

I'm an adventurer, though that should be clear enough. Slay monsters, clear dungeons, loot treasure chests, use loot to slay monsters and clear dungeons, save the world in general; you know the deal.

Do you have any special abilities?

Well, I do have access to a few convenient spells that your average fighter/mage ordinarily wouldn't have access to. Apart from that, all of my power is technically obtainable by anyone. It's hardly normal, though, to be one of the most powerful spellswords in Faerûn.

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye colour, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.

Are you visually impaired in some way? I'm sitting right here, you- oh, you're writing this down? I should- hm, fine, as you will. Any enemies that could gain anything from the information I've given you isn't exactly anything I have to worry about. Very well; tall, slim, lean – you know what? I've got gold, just pay someone to make a picture or something.

Picture below. Careful, may be large.
Spoiler:

To which social class do you belong?

Adventurers usually don't end up with a defined social class. We're freelancers in a sense, or perhaps just pariahs. Still, I find that despite being stronger, richer and more intelligent than they could ever hope to be, most nobles still find ways to look down upon me. I tell you, I'm not sure I've ever used Power Word: Silence on an enemy spellcaster, but oh, Illmater, have I used it on the aristocracy!

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?

I'm more or less untouchable, though even if I weren't, I don't think it's something that I'd openly discuss.

What does your voice sound like?

You hearing is impaired as well? No, I'm kidding, you're writing it down, I know. Hard to describe, to be honest. I'm only twenty-one, my voice isn't too deep. There's a bit of that clipped upper-class elf in there, but it isn't too pronounced – it sort of merged with an average of human accents.

What do you have in your pockets?

Tel glances down for a moment, then immediately looks back up upon spotting a bag at his waist, laughing lightly.

Don't even ask me about my Bag of Holding. I've stored so much crap in there, I'm surprised it isn't several planes on its own right now. Various enchanted weapons, potions, extra scrolls – general stuff that I've saved for later, though I suppose I secretly know it's very likely I'll never use the majority of it as long as I live.

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Tel frowns for a short moment, then leans back and smirks.

Hmm… I suppose I'm mysterious. Wearing armour and a full face helmet most/all of the time doesn't make me appear particularly open, and I'm not. It's entirely practical, though. With the number of bandits I've killed outright in cities when they've attempted ambush, I'd have thought that word would have spread by now. I suppose it's because they're all dead, I really should leave the last alive as a messenger or something, just so they stop bothering me. *Aghem*, but yes, mysterious, I guess. Though of course, I'd never admit to it. For the record, you have a despicable knack for badly phrasing questions. Am I done here? Total waste of my time. I probably could have saved an orphanage in the time that took. How does that make you feel? You just killed dozens of orphans. It's not over? Hmm... well, I suppose it's orphan blood on your hands.

Tel awaits further questioning, leaning back further and tapping the pommel of his sword impatiently.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Tel Ravane

• What do you consider the most important event of your life?
  • Have you set an idol, somebody you look up to?
  • Do you have criminal record of any kind?
  • What is your greatest fear? Or are you without fear?
  • What are you religious views?
  • Is there anything you refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse?
  • How do you treat others, in general?
  • Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
  • Do you care what others think of you?
  • Favorite food?
  • Any pet peeves?

Time to flesh out one of my own characters :D

• What is your full name?
Oh? Now here's somebody who doesn't know me! That's strange in our parts, mate. But if you insist. Avast, myself! My name is John, "Loke," as they call me, Connington... Captain Loke, the Seawolf, scourge of the High Seas!

• When and where were you born?
I was born in a fishing town, during the First War.

• Who are/were your parents?
My mother was a local woman, my father the pirate that attacked the town with his fleet. It was fate that twisted things in such way... I don't complain. Here I am!

• Do you have any family other than your parents?
Like enough, but I have not bothered myself seeking them out.

• Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
A story? Ah, one of my specialties! I will choose a dear story to me... I still see my subordinates cringe every time I reminisce it.

I grew up in that fishing town with my mother. There was this wench next door, red hair, blue eyes, freckles and shapely face, I would swear to seven bloody hells she was the devil under the guise of an angel. We became mates in a pirate crew that never existed, making use of a sunk'n boat we had laid by the shore as our grand and feared warship. We'd fight for the Captain's seat every day, clashing with swords made of real steel, and I'd let her win every time. Gods be damned, when she grew up, she was saucy as hell. I made sure we engaged in other activities, too, if ye catch my drift.

Loke laughs devilishly, his eyes glowing mischievously.

Her father was a baker, I remember. When pirates raided the town again, young me and her hid in his bakery. A man found us, though, and he threatened her, seeking the secret place where the gold was. I killed the man, pierced my sword clean right through his chest and laughed about it, watching her expression. I was only thirteen.

• Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
Aboard my ship, of course, the Daredevil. I have assumed the most seasoned and fearless seamen in all of Cometia as my crew - the Seawolves. We're all a bloody merry bunch who's in it for the funsies. Too keen on adventure and gold to retire. Bloody hell! We'll retire when we're dead.

• What do you do for a living?
Drinking the land and seas dry of gold, of course. What else is there to do in this blasted Empire? We called ourselves pirates, few years ago. Now we're privateers. But whether we're pirates in service of the Overlord in Draeda, or privateers in service of the High Emperor of Cometia, it's all the same to us, and it's surely the same for our Daredevil. We sail the seas, killing, pillaging and plundering anything that doesn't sail under the flag of Cometia or the privateers.

• Do you have any special abilities?
It depends, mate. Are you looking to hire me?

• Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
I'm 5'8" tall, I have golden hair and green eyes, of thin but a bit muscular build if I say so myself. I like to exercise by sunrise. I'm told I look way younger than I am - 32. A thing which isn't too good for the likes of me. Bloody hell, I'm a pirate! Every time they meet me in person during a parley, they start laughing. "Is this Captain Loke or did they send his newborn son?!" Blimey!

I am forced to dress in a privateer's attire, but I find myself liking it more as the days pass. I was a pirate before, now I'm a ****ing fancy pirate. Scupper being filthy, now I'm a clean bastard.

Here's a portrait of me. I got an artist in a fishing town that I raided to draw me, right 'fore I killed him.

Spoiler:

• To which social class do you belong?
To the social class of pirates. Filthy rat of the sea, I am, on the inside... but as a privateer, I have to be presentable, so I could pass up as a bloody admiral now.

• Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
Strawberries.

• What does your voice sound like?
They say if you cover your left ear, you can hear how you really sound like...

He covers his left ear.

I sound soft. And suave. I never knew.

• What do you have in your pockets?
My pipe, a lighter, some smoke, my lucky anchor.

• Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I like to be punctual. If something is not done quite the way I wanted it, I will swiftly smack the one responsible. I don't engage in fist fights, but the flat of my sword hurts like the devil.

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
(Tel is getting really bloody lippy with this interviewer... well, he was from the start, but anyway...)

What do you consider the most important event of your life?

The single most important event? I… I'm not sure. A lot of things that have happened in my life that are really important have been quite long quests, not really single events. I suppose… yes, my escape from the Black Pits. I was far weaker, younger than I am now… I'd spent weeks in that deep, dark, despicable, downtrodden dungeon of doom. But I'd trained myself there, among the most hostile of places. As you probably heard, I picked up a little of a thing for alliteration, too, which isn't so bad, but aside from that: it… strengthened me. And perhaps I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't endured it, but the final moments – striking down that demon of a drow, escaping into sunlight… I'd been through hell… and I came out of it.

Have you set an idol, somebody you look up to?

Tel smirks.

If there are any who can best me in a swordfight or a battle of wits, I have yet to meet them. I have no idol. That isn't to say there are none I respect; there are many, but none who I wish to become. I suppose… there are a few people I know of who I technically haven't measured up to yet, in a sense, and I respect them greatly. My mother and father, for instance. Kaylessa, weapons master of the Seldarine, also – and she died twice. They are dead, anyhow. They were… strong, despite their impending doom, brave and true until the very end. I hope, if my time is to come, that I can follow their example.

Do you have criminal record of any kind?

Tel laughs.

A criminal record? I see, so this was just an interrogation all this time. He was dead when I got there, I swear! Hahah, no, I don't think I have a criminal record as of the moment. I've been falsely accused and even framed in the past, but all it really takes is to find the culprit, kill him, and my name is clear. Much of Faerûn seems to have a… let's say… lacking justice system. "I'm pretty sure he did something, and he looks a bit weird so let's arrest him." There's also the fact that few people really seem to bat an eyelid if you eviscerate someone, so long as it's self-defence. Well, they'll run away for a bit, but when the battle is done, people get over it quite quickly.

What is your greatest fear? Or are you without fear?

A glare of irritation seems to burn through Tel's helmet.

To be without fear is to be an idiot. I hope that wasn't some kind of attack on my intelligence – if it was, you'll soon see how outmatched you are on that front. And quickly afterwards, in your ability to live. None the less; my greatest fear? Death, I suppose, but I'm working on that. I've little to fear in battle, but holding spells are a worry. I don't have room on my fingers for a ring of free action, and even if I did, it'd negate my boots of speed, which are great assets to me. I do have potions and spells, though, and it's likely I can resist the holding spells anyhow - still, providing I was facing an enemy who could actually kill me in under a minute whilst I stood there helplessly, I figure it wouldn't be a pleasant way to go.

What are your religious views?

Oh, I see, that could easily mislead: Yes, I'm currently wielding a holy sword, but that is merely for its effectiveness at cleaving through undead. Yes, I am also wearing a blessed helmet of Lathander, but that is more for its enhanced defence and transferrable healing capabilities than any devotion to the god himself. Gods are as fickle as the rest of us, just more powerful. Well, to be honest, I'm not even sure I can really give them that; I could probably take a few of them if I tried. I already have killed a supposed 'god', actually, a year or two ago, and I was quite a bit weaker back then than I am now. Oh, and that fat spider man… woman… thing. I don't know what it was. It did claim to be a god, though. Killed it with two strikes and a fireball, and that was two and a half years ago.

Is there anything you refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse?

Tel pauses, silent, and looks thoughtful for a moment. He folds his arms and glances down, then speaks.

I… I refuse to… I won't let myself be… involved. With the fate of the world often at stake, I have petty little time for distractions; friends are a distraction enough, and anything even further- no, I've said more than I'm comfortable with anyway. Let us move on.

How do you treat others, in general?

Fairly, I would say. I am a little harsh and/or blunt, I admit, but I'll not be nasty to another without reason. You, for example, have pestered me with intrusive questions and may or may not have attempted to insult my intelligence. As far as I am concerned, I am reacting accordingly. I will say that I am not one to be kind if another has done nothing to deserve it.

Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

Tel chuckles, smiling slyly.

Argue all the way. If I'm right and they're wrong, they're going to bloody know about it. And I am. And they are. Always.

Do you care what others think of you?

It bothers me vaguely if what they think of me is untrue – and if that untruth just happens to be slanderous then I may even do something about it. Violently. If others think badly because of me because of things that are true, then frankly I couldn't care any less. They can hate me all they want, it's their problem. I'd sooner freeze the plane of fire than give a damn about some petty discomfort.

Favorite food?

Why in the Nine Hells are you interested in my favourite food? What do you expect it to be, the flesh of the innocent washed down with a glass of widow's tears? It isn't, before you say anything. Well, come to think of it, good berries – that's not just berries that are good, I'm talking about the priest spell – anyway, they're delicious, actually. It is admittedly a pitiful amount of heath restoration, but it's there, and the taste is a world of difference compared with healing potions.

Any pet peeves?

Hmm, I suppose you could call it a pet peeve, although it's more of a universal truth. Bards are awful. Awful. No argument, no response, no "oh, but my friend is a bard and he's-" no. He is not. He is a Bard. And bards are awful.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
  • What is your full name?
  • Corey Alex McArke Hora
  • When and where were you born?
  • Anistar city october/3/2000
  • Who are/were your parents?
  • Anita and Robert Hora
  • Do you have any family other than your parents?
    A sister named Alma and 2 pets, a Lucario named Aura and an Espeon affectionately named Vee-ee by Brigette (9 at the time she caught it). I have lots of cousins and I'm related to Flannery.
  • Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
  • Not really.
  • Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
  • Alma, my parents, Vee-ee and Aura.
  • What do you do for a living?
  • I'm only 13 so not a real job but I'm a trainer.
  • Do you have any special abilities?
  • No
  • Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
  • Part white part Mexican with red hair short in the back long in the front. I have green eyes, I dress in jeans a hat and an orange T-shirt.
  • To which social class do you belong?
  • I have a family which is slightly more wealthy than normal ones, but not by much.
  • Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
  • What does your voice sound like?
  • Allergic to Combee, Beedrill and Vespiqueen stings.
  • What do you have in your pockets?
  • Money, Poke Great Ultra Dusk Net and Repeat balls, Super Hyper Max and Regular Potions, my trainer card and other trainer stuff.
  • Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
  • No, not really.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Last interview ages ago didn't go so well, so I'll try again.

What is your full name?
Anselme. Hold on, full name? Dammit, why the hell am I even doing this... Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux.

When and where were you born?
Twenty-seven long years ago in good ol' Lumiose. Never should have left it. Damn Enzo...

Who are/were your parents?
Joseph and Marie Ducreux. Still alive and probably traipsing around Unova or something. Probably livin' it up in Undella.

Do you have any family?
Only mother and father dearest, and good brother Enzo. Really though, mom and dad are off doing whatever, not that I care, and Enzo keeps showing up unwanted at my place. I just can't get it through his thick skull that I don't want him around. Being some kind of pokemon master or whatever doesn't give him the right to do whatever he wants.

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
Oh! There was this one time where none of your business. It's not like I have any stories anyway.

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
I live alone and I like it that way. Not a single person or Pokemon to pervert my place of peace.

What do you do for a living?
I work at the prestigious Hotel Richissime as their proud... sanitation engineer. Yeah, that.

Do you have any special abilities?
I can smoke 2 packs a day and not get lung cancer, and through various techniques keep my teeth sparkly white. Or close enough to it. I can also transform from unreasonably-fancy-uniform Anselme to chilling gear Anselme in a matter of seconds! Not to mention the power to ignore almost all things troublesome!

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
I look pretty regular. T-shirt and jeans with sneakers, 5'9" and 145lbs, brown eyes, brown hair, pale-ish skin. I think you get the point.

To which social class do you belong?
I guess low...er...middle class. Yeah, lower middle class.

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
I am allergic to Enzo and any of his Pokemon. Especially that stupid Charizard.

What does your voice sound like?
You...what? Whatever. I emit beauteous tones finer than a meloetta's song. It's not bouncer deep, but it's not a nerdy high. Regular, like everything else. Kinda monotone-ish though, I guess.

What do you have in your pockets?
Couple packs o' cigs, lighter, music player, some pokeballs, Chunky and that Zubat I got, and some... lint.

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Annoying habits? Like asking too many questions? Naww.

Back