• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
yeah i good rumour i remembered was if you name the magikarp you buy "mew" it turns into one.

A bit pointless to do that in the hack, cause there is mew under the truck though XD

Years
Whoa! I can't believe I haven't seen this. Seems like its leaning towards the novelty to side of hacking like, the dude's World Famous Talking Cactus Hack (not saying thats a bad thing, I enjoyed that hack).

But since it looks like people are listing rumours.... Has anyone heard the Death of Oak rumour, or is this just some idea that I can't remember whether or not I thought of it? I think I remember this from years ago, and that once you triggered some event, and went to Oak's Lab, an aid would tell you he was dead, and you would go to the grassy bit next to route 1(In the border of Pokemon Red), to his funeral and there would be a gathering of incredibly strong Trainers and Wild Pokemon, or something similiar to that, I'm not to sure on the specifics.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
yeah i good rumour i remembered was if you name the magikarp you buy "mew" it turns into one.

A bit pointless to do that in the hack, cause there is mew under the truck though XD

Yeah I've heard of it, but also pointless like you said ;)

Whoa! I can't believe I haven't seen this. Seems like its leaning towards the novelty to side of hacking like, the dude's World Famous Talking Cactus Hack (not saying thats a bad thing, I enjoyed that hack).

But since it looks like people are listing rumours.... Has anyone heard the Death of Oak rumour, or is this just some idea that I can't remember whether or not I thought of it? I think I remember this from years ago, and that once you triggered some event, and went to Oak's Lab, an aid would tell you he was dead, and you would go to the grassy bit next to route 1(In the border of Pokemon Red), to his funeral and there would be a gathering of incredibly strong Trainers and Wild Pokemon, or something similiar to that, I'm not to sure on the specifics.

Oh don't worry about it, I loved that hack too XD It was one of the first Pokémon Hacks I played. (That and CBM's World of Changes :P)

I THINK I've heard that rumor before, don't really remember. It would be interesting, but since Oak probably plays a few roles in other rumors (I'm just guessing :P) it probably won't happen.

Wow. I can't wait for it to come out. Looks awesome dude. :]

Thanks! :)

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
This hack looks promising :)
Will the glitch town behind the pokemon league also appear?

Off-topic: Will you one day continue with "Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi"?

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Guys, let's congratulate Skeetendo!

He has earned a mini-award of ROM Hacking Newsletter - it becamme Pinned hack of RHN 1!

So, keep it up dude, I am really looking forward on this ;)

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Hm.. I can't wait till a Beta, cause I can't wait to see how this hack will turn out. Hehe.. This is pretty nice, so keep it up and good luck!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Hey! I remember the first Secret's and Rumor's thread!
I was pretty sad when it went down, oh well you're back now!
Keep going, this is one of my favorite ideas.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I love the idea of this hack, all those things we've thought were true will finally actually happen. Glad to see you're in charge of this hack too!

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
I remember a rumor about Mew3 after you caught mewtwo. You've gotta implement Mew3 into your hack.
Also there was one where I think after you beat the elite four and came back to Pallet Town you could battle professor oak.

You should also make a surfing pikachu catchable in your hack, that would be cool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I was extremely bored xD

boredchatotut5.png

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Great idea for a hack!

A rumor I heard a long time ago:

After you catch all 150 Pokemon, you visit Prof. Oak and he gives you your own gym!

Its amazing how much fake stuff people came up with XD

Anyway, keep up the good work :)

Zowayix

hi
Years
about battling prof. oak, he IS able to be battled in the original RGB games. His battle was kind of like Steven's battle in Emerald. His data is in the game, but you must use a gameshark code (don't know what) to start the battle.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
I know that Legendary thing of being able to get into that SS Anne crap even though it left, and that u could go to the truck that is next to that whole walkthrough and that a Mew was hiding there XD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back