• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

maxxas scratch sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
i have been doing lots of fakemon scratches but not many real pokemon scratches so i have done some here
-voltorb-
voltorbscratc8oc.png

-electrode-
electrodescratch4lc.png

-pichu-
chuupyscratch3ep.png

-mew-
mewscratch0su.png

-kabuto-
kabutoscratch8fs.png

-cascoon-
cascoonscratch5du.png

-espeon-
espeonscratch1rm.png

thats all for now folks but look out for more

maxxa- spriter,legend

Last edited:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
well custom is drawing it from dirt scratch with no help so how are they not custom

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
The Mew sprite reminds me of a Mew sprite from one of the older games.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
no they are all scratch 100% scratch well now i have done an espeon once again 100% scratch
espeonscratch1rm.png

Last edited:

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
I can tell that the Mew and Kabuto are scratch, because that Mew Pose i've never seen and the Kabuto his pinsors are too big XD. Nice work.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
These are more like hardcore edits than custom scratch sprites. It's pretty obvious that you sat down and just slightly varied the original sprites. Some shapes seem to be copied exactly. Check out the comparisons below. Your sprites, Maxxa, are on the left, while the originals are on the right.

Maxxa-Jirachi.png

Pretty clear here that the pose was only slightly changed from the original. The things that stuck out to me immediately as being copied were the tail looking parts and the eye on Jirachi's chest, but upon closer look you can distinguish much more.

Maxxa-JirachiComparison.png

So you changed the outlines in spots, maybe move a pixel here or there. Basically though, the shapes were copied exactly. Sorry man, but that isn't scratch spriting. I didn't have the time to break down your other "scratches" up there, but I'm sure there are other areas of copying in those as well. Taking pieces of Nintendo's sprites and calling them your own "scratches" would be considered sprite theft. You call yourself a "spriting legend", but I assure you that "spriter legends" are in no way, shape or form, thieves. Keep dreaming, bud.

Years
maxxa, considering that your sprites are accused of not being scratch, please do say if you've edited them or not. No action will be taken on this situation, however, it would be nice if you can offer an explanation.

Last edited:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
ok these are 100% scratch and they are my first they bare some resemblance as i used the official one as a guide im most probably going to scrap the jirachi as yes it does look too edited

maxxa-spriter,legend

Last edited:

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
You're not supposed to use other sprites as a guide for your own sprites. That defeats the purpose of making a scratch sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back