• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you actually do with your computer?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
You've got several hours of free time which you have to spend on your computer. What sort of activites are you most likely to be doing? Be specific - giving particular websites or games is better than just "browsing the internet and playing games".

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I visit my usual sites, which is mostly becoming here now. Use Facebook a bit. Write. Do some graphics. Read emails. Sometimes play games like Oblivion (computer is too old to run Skyrim).

I also do some work that's been assigned to me when I can. And host a Survivor game, but that's ending in a month or so. Thank goodness - I'm ready to be done after two years.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Check out YouTube for a bit, see some videos. Usually I just end up browsing on there looking at random crap. Suddenly three hours has gone by. If I am not doing that or school work, then I am probably playing a game. Usually an older one, like any of the Pokemons, or recently I played Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories. It was hard as hell so it took me forever to beat it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Probably I would be browsing on Youtube - looking at different sorts of videos, or perhaps themetapicture - seeing what new funny and interesting pictures are up.

I would also play games from the 80's/90's while I was on... just anything and everything that I have.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
First I would go to Simtropolis or SC4D and find out whats new to download, then I'd spend the remainder of the time playing Sim City 4, if not, then I'd be watching cartoons (either Pokemon, Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness), or comedy movies (Scary Movie 1-4, Jackass 1-3.5, Born in East LA, Up in Smoke, Shrimp on the Barbie - I'm a fan of Cheech Marin)

#isthenumbersign
Years
Well the majority of my computer time goes to online homework or papers, so I wouldn't call that free time. With my actual free time I spend a lot of it on YouTube watching music videos. I do the social networking, but not to an extreme degree. And anytime I'm not watching a video, Pandora's on in the background.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Whenever I have some free time that I use the computer for, I go on Facebook, Twitter, Pokecommunity, and sometimes Youtube to play a song while I do the other stuff!

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
Short and simple. Log on. Check PC and another site, open Media Player and listen to music, and talk to my friends over Skype/MSN/whatever then log off at 10-11 PM.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Meh. I tend to do randomly search the net in my free time. Ya know searching random sites of interest. Other than that i spend time checking sites of interest such as u-tube, deviant art, newgrounds, PC, bulbapedia articles, PokemonOnline, etc. I'm stuck with a crappy CPU for now soooo, i cant play Maplestory for now :( . Speaking of bulbapedia articles, an interesting coloum this person seems to be writing is called: On the Origin of Species. He researches and explains the origins of pokemon species and their creation and inspiration of certain pokemon. Its a nice read for anyone that hasnt already seen it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My first priority is checking all of Imgur, haha. Uhh... I also make several trips to Bulbapedia, Serebii, Ps3 trophies, some Sonic sites, Youtube, Pandora Radio, school websites, etc. I sometimes check on my Twitter and Deviantart accounts. When I'm mega bored, I go on Yahoo Answers. Somewhere during my free time I'll look at a cute picture of a puppy or kitten.

Outside of the internet... I use Photoshop and iTunes. Yeah, I'd die without the internet.

Years
Usually when I'm on the computer, I'm only half paying attention to things (might be watching TV or something while browsing). Typically, though, I'll leave my e-mail and Twitter open in two tabs, and then browse sites like PC, or a couple other sports forums I visit.

I also like playing some games on my Sega emulator and doing random things in Paint and Photoshop, but other than that, I don't do much on the computer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Lots of Twitter, PokéCommunity, Youtube, iTunes, entertainment updates in music and the TV shows that I follow from various websites, Bulbapedia, occasional World of Warcraft, instant messaging, and Facebook.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
When I'm really bored, I go to 9Gag. It's hilarious, and it makes my day complete. I also chat with my buds on Facebook, Twitter, and I visit my Tumblr blog sometimes. I go to YouTube to watch some Adventure Time eps, too. Yeah, and Facebook. And Facebook.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I usually use my computer for assignments and school work as well as the internet of course. On the net I'm most often found browsing Bulbapedia, Serebii, Facebook, occasionaly Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr and Reddit. Although I browse reddit more on my ipod than on my desktop. Aside from the interenet I'm also a mad fan of Minecraft, The Sims and Diablo III so I'm usually spotted playing them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I'd only use it to open up this very forum, listen to some music, and maybe do a few updates around. I rarely watch videos, even though I have a lot of them. I also rarely put in images down to the computer from my DSi XL. Pretty much that's it. Haven't gotten anything else.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Tumblr/Twitter are super common, forums, browse Amazon for a bit, Pinterest, and if I get really bored I'll organize my docs/pics/crap.

Oh, and Sims 3. Lots of Sims 3.

Years
It depends on what sort of mood I'm in, if I'm in a lazy sort of mood I'll probably read a few threads on here, post a little here and OVP if I have time and then I'd go doss around on reddit for a bit. If I'm in a more productive mood I'll either illustrate something on inkscape or I'll start playing minecraft.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Skype, MSN, PC, FB, email, maybe other random sites.
Photoshop, and very rarely I will open up Maya, or another Adobe video editing package. Occasionally gaming- portal 2 prob.

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
When I'm not wasting time on the internet (which I'm not promoting by the way; forum pages sure like being refreshed and reloaded): Photoshop CS5, Minecraft, iTunes, and as of recently Paint Tool Sai.

Back