• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Undertaker

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Rated T for descriptive moments and disturbing undertones
Before you say anything, let me put it this way. Yes, I've stolen the "interactive story" concept from the much wiser and more experienced Cutlerine, and mine is ALSO a horror story BUT, before you start bashing this there is much more than one way to skin a cat. Where his is more Silent Hill meets Thy Dungeonman, mine shall be more Halloween meets House on Haunted Hill meets Zork. I find that, in my opinion at least, less is more. A horribly mangled corpse being slowly ripped to pieces by a lunatic may be more graphic, but seeing the loon knock-out an unsuspecting teenager and slowly drag his body into a cellar to never be seen by the audience again is just as horrific.
Everyone may love a slasher movie villain, but your emotions may change when you see it from the victim's perspective. You are a teenager, an ordinary teenager with your Pokemon. For decades people have told tales of the mansion high above your home town. The mansion where a serial killer known as The Undertaker supposedly lives. He/she/it supposedly was a child who was adopted by ghost Pokemon, and stalks those who enters in order to turn them into members of his undead family. Those who escape the mansion claim it is filled with the cries of Yamask.

You are an investigative journalist for a local newspaper and have been assigned to do a story on the house on the hill for the October 31st paper. You and your prized Marowak are on the way there with nothing but the clothes on your back, pocket change, some Dusk Balls, a digital Camera, and a notebook for investigation.
Your Marowak has the Rock Head ability, is carrying a Thick Club, and knows Bone Club, Swords Dance, Low Kick, and Headbutt.
What are your names?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> Sergeant Culowski and your prized marowak named Plump.

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Harry Skipper and your faithful companion Boy George
> Sergeant Culowski and your prized marowak named Plump.

You are Harry Skipper, and your prized Marowak is named Plump. She's been with you since you were a little boy. She is slightly taller than the usual Marowak, but thinner than one as well. She grips her club like one would a sword. Her eyes are blue. You are a 5'3" black man and you're wearing a grey coat with a white shirt underneath, black pants, and a broken set of white sneakers, all very dirty.
You are currently on a bus to the mansion. Looking about you see Plump, trying to figure out the Bus Pass you two had scraped together to get long ago, a sleeping man in trench coat, various dropped trash on the floor, one item being shinier than the others. You also see the Bus Driver, eating from a bowl of chips.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> Pickpocket the sleeping man, he is probably not asleep at all but stalking you!

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
> You hunger for chips. Tell the Bus Driver that you will be satisfied.

OOC:

Yes, I've stolen the "interactive story" concept from the much wiser and more experienced Cutlerine, and mine is ALSO a horror story BUT, before you start bashing this there is much more than one way to skin a cat. Where his is more Silent Hill meets Thy Dungeonman, mine shall be more Halloween meets House on Haunted Hill meets Zork.

There's no need to defend yourself. I don't expect I'm the first person to decide to write a story in this way, nor even the first person to make it a bit of a dark one. There are a great many other people who liked Zork and Thy Dungeonman even more than I did, I daresay, and I'm sure one or more of them made a story in the same vein of mine before I did.

Point two: A Smell of Petroleum Prevails Throughout is a horror story? Wow. Seriously, I had no idea people considered it one. I always thought it was more of a black comedy - or perhaps other people don't find such ridiculously overblown horror as funny as I do. Actually, that would explain a lot more than just Petroleum, now I come to think about it.

Also (and it pains me to admit this) but I've neither played nor seen a single entry in the Silent Hill franchise. My horror references are all from that stalwart lantern-jawed favourite, H. P. Lovecraft.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck with your story! I hope you do well.

F.A.B.

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Search Garbage on the floor

Although not the safest idea, you do it anyway. Reaching down and picking up the shining object you smile brightly as you learn the risk was very well worth it. You pull up a can of Pokemon Food, apparently dropped by some unfortunate shopper. You love the stuff, it's cheap, easy to bake, and it has a good amount of your daily servings of meat. It finally felt good to get a job though, even if it was one as low-paying as this one. They'll pay you extra if you bring back a Ghost Pokemon. You pocket the can for a later dinner.

> Pickpocket the sleeping man, he is probably not asleep at all but stalking you!

You crack your knuckles real quickly and carefully pass by Plump, who is busy attempting to figure out how her shadow keeps outmaneuvering her. Swiftly, you duck your hand into the sleeping man's coat, grabbing something and pulling out. You hold a lighter before you, a quick flick confirms it is still working. You pocket it, recalling something about flames turning blue when ghosts are near.

> You hunger for chips. Tell the Bus Driver that you will be satisfied.

OOC:

There's no need to defend yourself. I don't expect I'm the first person to decide to write a story in this way, nor even the first person to make it a bit of a dark one. There are a great many other people who liked Zork and Thy Dungeonman even more than I did, I daresay, and I'm sure one or more of them made a story in the same vein of mine before I did.

Point two: A Smell of Petroleum Prevails Throughout is a horror story? Wow. Seriously, I had no idea people considered it one. I always thought it was more of a black comedy - or perhaps other people don't find such ridiculously overblown horror as funny as I do. Actually, that would explain a lot more than just Petroleum, now I come to think about it.

Also (and it pains me to admit this) but I've neither played nor seen a single entry in the Silent Hill franchise. My horror references are all from that stalwart lantern-jawed favourite, H. P. Lovecraft.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck with your story! I hope you do well.

F.A.B.

How convenient, your bus stop is up. You walk past the driver, grabbing a handful of chips and eating them. Plump instinctively follows, doing the same.
Stolen food: 1 of 10
He shouts after you but you pay him no mind as a few others enter the bus. You are now at the bus stop. Someone has left a suitcase behind. The Mansion is to the north.

OOC: Evil Dead was a horror comedy, and it's still known as one of the scariest films out there. Ditto for Braindead/Dead Alive, but that's neither here nor there. Thanks for the words of encouragement and I love your story. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
>Examine the surroundings, See if there's anyone left to claim the suitcase if not >Pick Up Suitcase

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Examine the surroundings, See if there's anyone left to claim the suitcase if not
>Pick Up Suitcase

You look around, Pudge seems to have gone ahead of you and tries to pry it open. Seeing nothing resembling another human being as the bus leaves you pick it up.
Oof! Jeeze, this is heavy! You and her set the suitcase on the bus stop bench and look at it. You sighs silently as it appears to have a lock on it. In the handle is the initials "TBC" etched into it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
>Try using Bone Club on the lock (Hmm TBC Time Base Corrector, To Be Continued. Curious suit case indeed)

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Try using Bone Club on the lock (Hmm TBC Time Base Corrector, To Be Continued. Curious suit case indeed)

"Plump." You say, catching her attention almost immediately. "Open the case." She nods and you take a few steps back. You look around as she beats the lock senseless, making sure nobody is coming back for it. After a few moments you stop her and open the case.
Inside the leather case is a plaid covering, some clothes and a video tape. The tape is badly beaten, but you are sure it still works. The cover reads "Sess. Six" in marker. There may be something else underneath the clothes but you're not about to breach some random guys privacy for your own gain... right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
"Pudge." You say, catching her attention almost immediately. "Open the case." She nods and you take a few steps back. You look around as she beats the lock senseless, making sure nobody is coming back for it. After a few moments you stop her and open the case.
Inside the leather case is a plaid covering, some clothes and a video tape. The tape is badly beaten, but you are sure it still works. The cover reads "Sess. Six" in marker. There may be something else underneath the clothes but you're not about to breach some random guys privacy for your own gain... right?

Pudge? Wasn't the Marowak named Plump earlier? xD

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Search suitcase take anything of interest
You snag the tape and toss the clothes out of the way, seeming to not care about anyone's personal belongings anymore. On the bottom of the suitcase is an "Extra Energy" brand candy bar. It is larger than your standard candy bar, but thinner as well, the packaging features an inviting red color and various words like "Radical" and "Sensational". As you pocket it swiftly you see someone running over the horizon, shaking something menacingly at you.
Tapes Taken: One of Four
Collect all of them for extra scenarios!
Food Stolen: Two of Ten

Clear exits are North to the Mansion, and South, to the angry figure.
Pudge? Wasn't the Marowak named Plump earlier? xD
OOC: Oh, thanks. I wouldn't have noticed!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
>Toss Clothes Back in and shut it
>Run North
(Hopefully if he was the suitcase owner he won't notice the tape and food missing and just be glad you the vandal was kind enough to put the clothes back in for him)

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Toss Clothes Back in and shut it
>Run North

You panic, hastily jamming everything you can into the suitcase. In goes some pants, some jeans, a few t-shirts, each with interesting designs of Pokemon doing silly things, a floral print Hawaiian-shirt (you briefly ponder where "Hawaii" is and why it has so many shirts), a lab uniform, a Team Plasma uniform, several comfy and easy-to-wear shorts, and a pair of flip-flops. You rush to the north and soon find yourself at the mansion. The man had stopped giving chase, thankfully.
The mansion has several entrances, the windows are smudged, the front door is lying on its hinges, and the back doors are unlocked. To the side of each entrance is a set of rose bushes, some of which have children's toys in them, presumably from kids with strong arms but the required courage to get them back. On occasion you can hear creaking from the house. Plump is notably on edge.

What will you and Plump do?

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
>Search Rose Bushes
>Enter through Back Door

You dip your hands into the bushes, yanking out a few useless toys; a frisbee, a toy plane, a Skiploom-shaped paper doll, several baseballs, basketballs, shot puts, before finally finding something worth noting. It's a baseball featuring the signature of The Electabuzz's star pitcher, Corey Demario. You briefly ponder your luck before pocketing it. You sure hope you don't lose this priceless meal ticket, that will not only pay your rent for the next fifteen years but allow you to actually eat something other than Pokemon food.
Plump notices something else, but doesn't wish to give it to you. You let her carry the... whatever it is and approach the back door.
It is old, moldy and rotting. But it is unlocked. You quickly snap a photo of the door and enter the building, Plump faithfully following behind you, carrying her bone, the bus pass, and a mysterious object.
Inside the back of the house is nothing but graffiti and objects too large to be stolen by random thieves, judging by the tiling and set up of the room. A few drawers are closed and the clear exits are West, leading to the mansion's backyard, South, to the living room, and and East, to the dining room.

Back