• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Child suspended from school for 'Pop-Tart Gun' recieves lifetime NRA membership

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Ugh, the American school system is getting worse by the year.

In eighth grade, I got in trouble for bringing a laser pointer to school. The school phoned by parents like it was some huge crisis and my parents were dumbfounded. I think we all laughed about it on the car ride home.

Yeah, you get that in England as well though. Not a suspension or anything, but I've known parents called over laser pointers. They're more likely to be called over that than fighting, provided no blood is spilt.

A) Should he really have been suspended for something liek that?

No. It just plays right into the hands of the NRA, claiming about the Nth Amendment or whatever it is that they argue means more guns = safety, and taking away guns = Communism. (Sorry I'm not American, I don't know what number it is.

B) Need anymore proof that the NRA has totally lost it?

Yes. This perhaps the best publicity they can probably give themselves - to many conservative non-gun-owners they'll be seen as defending common sense etc.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
A) Should he really have been suspended for something liek that?

No. It just plays right into the hands of the NRA, claiming about the Nth Amendment or whatever it is that they argue means more guns = safety, and taking away guns = Communism. (Sorry I'm not American, I don't know what number it is.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Literally. America's going to be the first to succumb to idiocracy, mark my words.

Sailor Moon ™

Champion of Justice
Years
A) No, he's a child. Children will always think guns are "cool" and enjoy pretending to have them. They do not deserve to be punished for this World glorifying the use of guns.

B) This is outrageous, he's an 8 year old boy with a pop-tart!

Back