• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your well-being VS that of others

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I used to always prioritise everyone else over me; close friends, family, even people I'd only met once.

Buit as time's gone on I've become a total prick, therefore now I actually should prioritise everyone else over me because I'm not a good person anymore. It's a weird Catch 22.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I honestly tend to put others before myself and do what they want, cause I feel the need to please people so they will not dislike me. I often don't stand up for myself and am not assertive or ask for something I want when I want something. I figured out though that this is not always a good way to live and tends to give people the idea that they can walk all over you at your expense. Now, I would like to look out for myself more, because I feel like I need to, but it is hard for me to do so.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
As cold as it may sound I usually keep it pretty balanced.
If you were really close to me then I would most likely prioritize you, but unfortunately I'm a rather lone person.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
I've always been one to care about everyone else before myself, even at the worst point in my life. I wanted everyone else to be happy and I would do anything for them, even though I myself was miserable at that time. Don't know how I managed that. But yeah. I'm trying to get better about caring for myself more, but idk...hard to change something that's really always been ingrained in me, ya know? Haha.

This sums me up completely. I am always putting others before myself.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Easy. My friends and family.

It's just how I am. I never really gave much thought to how I'd be off in situations, but I always think for my family and friends, especially my friends. I dunno, my friends made me who I am, and I really just love them to bits. Ya know?

Years
I used to put people above myself consistently, and it ended up not working out well for me. These days, I'm pretty much my first priority, but close friends and family are on the same level.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My own safety comes first before anyone else. How am I supposed to defend or protect anyone if I can't even save myself?

This.

tumblr_m953bdFa8p1resbeko1_400.jpg

That's an accurate example I think. You can't help your loved ones if you can't help yourself. However, in many situations, I put my own -wants- after I've fulfilled others' wants and needs. It just depends on the situation and what should take priority.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I generally put other people ahead of myself, but past a certain point I do try to balance it out. It's hard for me to help other people if I get too warn out.

Back