• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T for Android

Years
Hello, fellow rom-hackers!

As some of you know, I had made G3T long time ago. G3T, as its name suggests (Gen 3 Tools), is a collection of tools that facilitate the tasks of editing certain datas in the roms.
Sadly, and due to certain issues, the development of G3T under Windows has been suspended with the hope to resume it In a near future.

For now, I decided to make a mobile version of G3T destined to Android users. Expect it to be a little bit more polished than the Windows version.
For exemple, while the auto-save feature that I personally loved about G3T has been conserved, you can switch to the classic manual saving anytime!
Also, since .ini files are YUCK! and pain in the arse, the dynamic offsets feature has been preserved and further more tweaked.

So, let me Introduce to you the first release of G3T for Android!!
  • Compatibility: English ROMs (support for other languages will be added later)
  • Available Tools: Moves Editor and Items Editor
  • To expect later: Abilities Editor / Pokémon Editor / Trainers Editor

Screenshots:
Main menu
Spoiler:

Moves Editor
Spoiler:

Items Editor
Spoiler:

Download: https://smarturl.it/G3T (Google Play Store)
Reminder: Make sure to check "Unknows Sources" from the security parameters of your device!

Now, instead of wasting your free time on social medias or mobile games, you can keep editing your hacks anytime, anywhere!

All kinds of feedback and suggestions are welcome, but I prefer more suggestions that will make the tools more practical such as "I wish the save button was in the bottom of the app".
Also, I need your opinions about the Timer Ball theme, do you like it or not? Would you prefer a better theme?
I may create polls for such things later.

Enjoy & Thanks ~♥

Last edited:
Years
First of all, enable "Unknown Resources" from the security parameters of your Android device.
Then click the apk file and follow the instructions to install it.

after i open the application it doesnt do anything even my BPRE, idk why but i saw only a folder then i click it theres a drawer but nothing happens?

Years
after i open the application it doesnt do anything even my BPRE, idk why but i saw only a folder then i click it theres a drawer but nothing happens?
Android's base Files Manager is sometimes very limited, you have two options:
- Easy one: Browse your rom from your device's Files Manager and open it from there.
- Hard one: Install some good files managing app to be able to open ROMs from G3T's interface. (such as Root Explorer)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Looks like the link's down for the moment, but in the meantime it's great to see an Android tool! We have hex editors and patchers, why not some others?

With G3T, the only "main" thing missing in a toolbox for Pokemon hacking would be the Map/Script editor. This has great potential.

Years
Could add some screenshots for some convenience?
Done! ;)

Looks like the link's down for the moment, but in the meantime it's great to see an Android tool! We have hex editors and patchers, why not some others?

With G3T, the only "main" thing missing in a toolbox for Pokemon hacking would be the Map/Script editor. This has great potential.
Fixed the link.
Map/Script Editor are very complicated but I can add them in a distant future. For now I have to finish the core tools first! ;)

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
It doesnt works with .gba files isn't it? I tried to open fire red .gba file (the file I am working ) but i cannot open it.

Years
It doesnt works with .gba files isn't it? I tried to open fire red .gba file (the file I am working ) but i cannot open it.
Does the app display an error when you try to open the ROM? If so, I invite you to show me the screenshot either here on yhis thread or in a private message.

P.S.: Items Editor is under work, it may be completed this January. Hopefully.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
Does the app display an error when you try to open the ROM? If so, I invite you to show me the screenshot either here on yhis thread or in a private message.

P.S.: Items Editor is under work, it may be completed this January. Hopefully.

It doesnt shows any error, or anything like that. I just cant click on the rom.
I dont know how to give images but you can download the screenshot from https://www.mediafire.com/file/7f1y96brryj6mqz/Screenshot_2019-01-02-09-40-43.png

Last edited:
Years
Last edited:
Back