• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Volcarona] VS Genesect

Genesect or Volcarona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
PdyW9.png

B u g S t e e l / / B u g F i r e
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know what you're thinking! "What do these two have in common? Why compare a legendary to Volcarona? Why is this all happening??!"
- Well, they're both bug types!

pokeball_gray.jpg
Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?)
pokeball_gray.jpg
Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?
pokeball_gray.jpg
Against each other, who would win the battle?
pokeball_gray.jpg
Genesect or Volcarona?

D i s c u s s D e b a t e D i s c u s s !

blue

gucci
Years
Tough one! I've never used any of them yet I think I'll go for Genesect, I love how it looks like a Power Ranger or something along those lines.

Alder

I know every corner of Unova.
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Obvious answer is obvious. Volcarona is amazing in so many myriad ways, especially for its status as a non-legendary, while Genesect is just...boring. I don't understand how anyone could pick Genesect. :(

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Genesect looks like a robot not an insect and Volcarona is one of the few gen V Pokémon that I really really like because it's original and it's simplistic but strong and it sticked to the original concept of Pokémon so HENCE I VOTE VOLCARONA. and it owns in metagame

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
Years
Genesect. He has a freaking cannon attached to his back. He is one badass insect.
If you read the Black Version of Volcarona's Pokedex entry, Volcarona was a replacement for the FRIKKEN SUN....That's an even more badass insect. It frikken toasts everything in the game. Volcarona has a nice blend of colors. To be quite honest, Genesect just looks like a re-designed Metang/Metagross to me.
"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun."
-Serebii.net

Since Genesect is a bug/steel-type, its incredibly weak to Volcarona and its Fire. Volcarona would toast Genesect, so Volcarona totally gets my vote.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I like the color pattern, move set, and original design with Genesect. On top of the awesome stats and as mentioned earlier it is a good pokey for Competitive play. I can't say much for Genesect since it is unreleased, but I do like it better then past legends just not enough to like it as much as Volcarona. Volcarona may not be legendary but it is one of the few stationary pokemon in the game, and sets up like I legendary in Relic Castle at level 70 like many other legends have in the past.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
Obvious answer is obvious. Volcarona is amazing in so many myriad ways, especially for its status as a non-legendary, while Genesect is just...boring. I don't understand how anyone could pick Genesect. :(

Master. <3

Of course I will vote Volcarona. I have stellar colors and design, I can learn the epic Quiver Dance, I'm fierce in battle, I and my pre-evolution are the only Bug/Fire type, I can replace the sun, I can help quickly hatch your Pokemon AND fly you around, and I look great in a Dive Ball, of all things. I do have a beautiful blue bottom and blue eyes, after all. You can get me as an egg or as a legendary in-game. Breed an army of me. I know you want to. You don't have to hack to get me. B)

I personally cannot fathom someone's reasoning for not including me on their team.
637MS.png

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I prefer Volcarona way over Genesect. Its design is really cool and pretty unique, so much in a way it almost resembles a flower. Genesect looks too robotic for my tastes, though I'm sure that's what the creators were getting at. I'd really think Volcarona would win with its obvious type advantage against Genesect's 4x weakness.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Volcarona looks amazing, one of the best of Gen V. Also, I don't know enough about Genesect to like it. And it's ugly. And it name's scary.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?): I don't really know; it's hard to decide, but if I had a choice, it's probably be Genesect because of its cannon.
Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?: Volcarona
Against each other, who would win the battle?: Volcarona; Genesect has a 4x weakness to Fire
Genesect or Volcarona?:Genesect. Because of that cannon and pretty good movepool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I love Volcorona to where I feel my heart's gonna burst just by looking at it but I prefer Genesect a tad more tbh due to the fact alone that its design reminds me of the Genosaurer from Zoids back when I used to watch that show, that and its origins are pretty interesting too lol. Please forgive me for my sin though Volcarona.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Volcarona. So fluffy, so pretty, so epic. Genesect is cool, but, ya know, VOLCARONA. <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I feel bad for Genesect :( but no, Volcarona is the best because it looks awesome and is awesome :3 plus amazing competitively.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I really, really like the design of Valcarona, so I'd choose it anyway, but I also don't like legendary Pokémon, so I definitely pick Valcarona.

Years
I picked Volcarona cos I actually have one (Genesect hasn't even been officially revealed yet). Mine's female with a Hardy nature, I might try and train her sometime.

Yeah, Volcarona's design appeals better to girls like me. Sorry, Genesect.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Volcarona in this thing? No conteeeeeeeest.

Burns up Genesect like there's no tomorrow
Is really huggable and plushie-like
Sounds like a nice guy to be honest

I am going all the way to Volcarona town!

Back