• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen After-Game stuff

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
What do you think they`ll give us to do after game like a battle frontier like in platinum and emerald or another battle tower type place(hate subway) cuz in bw2 not much to do except raise pokemon and stuff. What are some things you guys would want to see after you beat the champion?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I hope they add a place with randomized trainer battles. Random trainer type, with random pokemon picked from a list of Pokemon that that trainer type would usually use, with random items which in some way, shape, or form benefit that pokemon.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
They will have that train/subway down for construction or something in X and Y and in Z they will open it up to an emerald type area... Mark my words...

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
lol wut^^ and yeah I can see them playing something like that but Z( if there will be one) is gonna be a while away (1-2Y)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
My hopes for after game stuff has increased since the 5th gen, especially the latest versions.

I hope we have some kind of challenge similar to the White tree hollow where we can actually level up our pokemon. I don't like doing challenges where my pokemon don't improve....feels like a waste of time.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I agree with the idea of something like the White Tree Hollow. I also wouldn't mind something like the PWT returning, either. I'd also like something that has Battle Frontier-esque challenges. I like trying to win in battles with different constraints placed on us.

It was also be cool if there was a little sub-plot to play around with. Maybe somehow dealing with the aftermath of the evil team's nefarious schemes, or investigating some kind of new, but smaller, threat.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
true but there could be a black tower/tree and BF type area like daydream said ^^

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm really hoping for a Battle Frontier again. Honestly the Battle Subway was pretty meh to me in comparison to the variety of things I could do in the Battle Frontier. I actually prefer to Emerald arenas compared to what we had in DPPt/HGSS, so I'm kind of hoping for a come back of the Emerald Frontier =P

I'd also like to see some actual story continuation after the Elite Four is beaten. Yeah, we had the Sage search last generation, but honestly that wasn't really all that exciting. I'd love to see the story have some continuation to it. I mean, the evil team can't just fade out of existence completely after the leader is beaten. What happens to them after?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I'd also like to see some actual story continuation after the Elite Four is beaten. Yeah, we had the Sage search last generation, but honestly that wasn't really all that exciting. I'd love to see the story have some continuation to it. I mean, the evil team can't just fade out of existence completely after the leader is beaten. What happens to them after?

I actually really like the sound of that. It's been traditional to "finish" the game after beating the Champions (bar the Johto games I guess, but technically we had the original credits after beating Lance so I think it counts?) but X and Y I think would be a perfect time for GF to break this tradition.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I'm really hoping for a Battle Frontier again. Honestly the Battle Subway was pretty meh to me in comparison to the variety of things I could do in the Battle Frontier. I actually prefer to Emerald arenas compared to what we had in DPPt/HGSS, so I'm kind of hoping for a come back of the Emerald Frontier =P

Yeah I`d like something more in the AG story that will keep me occupied like some of the online features from platinum can come back as well

tnfsf11

I can only wish that it's like Gold/HG; after the E4 you travel to Unova & do the whole BW/BW2 adventure again then battle Hilbert/Nate & the credits roll again ^^
or you can have a different adventure there, that would make the game more interesting & longer, when I first played Ruby I reached the E4 then slaked & never went in as I know nothing special will happen after I beat them so it's not worth the extra training.

BUT since the games will be the first main-series games to be in 3D, then its size will be horribly huge, considering all the features from previous games + the graphics fitted into one cartridge, I doubt there will be room to make much post-E4 stuff to do.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have to agree with so much stuff you guys are saying!

Having some kind of story continuation would be awesome, and would definitely keep me playing the game for a while! Maybe the evil team tries to make a return and they even get their hands on one of the Legendary trio Pokemon and we have to stop them again? That'd be nice

I would love to have the Emerald Battle Fronties back as well, since there was so much to do.
Personally i love the PWT and i would love to have it back in X/Y, although it seems unlikely unless they modify it in some aspects, as copy/paste just seems too easy.

Years
Come on, no one liked XD: Gales of Darkness or Coliseum? I thought it was pretty good. I'd like a feature in this feature that allows you to be given Shadow Pokémon and have the return of Shadow Rush, and you are given them for beating very hard accomplishments. PM me or like this post anyone who'd want this feature in X and Y.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't think that no one liked those as games, but having a total story shift from whatever the main story line is over to Shadow Pokémon is kind of a big step. I mean I guess a focus is DNA, but I'm doubting that Shadow Pokémon are going to make a return in the main game series, especially just as post-game content.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Come on, no one liked XD: Gales of Darkness or Coliseum? I thought it was pretty good. I'd like a feature in this feature that allows you to be given Shadow Pokémon and have the return of Shadow Rush, and you are given them for beating very hard accomplishments. PM me or like this post anyone who'd want this feature in X and Y.

It just wouldn't work with the canon games, unless somehow they manage to introduce it somewhere in the story, which I doubt to be honest. Shadow Pokemon is interesting and all but they have nothing do with GF as far as I know it. Maybe one day they might get introduced in the canon games but I'm confident the chance of that happening is very slim.

Years
I hope they do ... I loved stealing Pokémon!! XD XD XD XD XD!!! Though, oddly enough, I could never beat that grunt that beat the grandpa's Pikachu, after you get to the femal protagonist's hometown.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I doubt it since shadow pokemon and stealing aren't really attributes of the main series games

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I would like for the good old VS. Seeker and Pokeradar from Gen IV to return. They would be great for raising Pokemon post-game.

Last edited:

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I`d like them to make an easier way to get all the previous version pokemon instead of where I have to have two DS/ 3DS

Back