• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Could Clefairy be replaced in Goldenrod Gym in a future Remake?

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
So do you think that since Clefairy isn't normal type anymore GF, if they make another remake (very unlikely but still), would replace it in the Goldenrod Gym with another Pokémon?

I think they would replace Clefairy with Jigglypuff since it is very similar.

Type change from normal to fairy would be out of question since Miltank is Whitney's signature Pokémon and it's still normal type only.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's actually p interesting. While I doubt we'll get a remake for another 15 years...

I'm still hopeful! I think honestly they would keep Clefairy. We've seen at the Elite Four that they can replace other Pokemon that seem "similar" to the type - like Vileplume and Gengar on the dark E4 team. So I think really they would keep Clefairy, or make Whitney part fairy, part normal trainer. Honestly by that point we could have even more types and might need to make gym leaders have dual types? Even so I could see Whitney fitting the fairy theme so I think that fits in fine anyways. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Changed the title to avoid misunderstandings.

That's actually p interesting. While I doubt we'll get a remake for another 15 years...

I'm still hopeful! I think honestly they would keep Clefairy. We've seen at the Elite Four that they can replace other Pokemon that seem "similar" to the type - like Vileplume and Gengar on the dark E4 team. So I think really they would keep Clefairy, or make Whitney part fairy, part normal trainer. Honestly by that point we could have even more types and might need to make gym leaders have dual types? Even so I could see Whitney fitting the fairy theme so I think that fits in fine anyways. :)

True she could be both types and that could be interesting but I think GF will keep only one type for Gym Leaders, I don't see that changing.

Years
If Gamefreak is going to stay true to their roots, I think she'll stay normal and NOT include fairy at all. I mean if it's anything like the VC release of R/B/Y, it'll stay the same for the VC release of Gold and Silver. Am I right?

If we get a remake in many many years then maybe, but for this release, it'll stay a normal type gym.

By the way, I never played the Johto games as much as the others, so i'm looking forward to the VC release myself.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Changed the title to avoid misunderstandings.

True she could be both types and that could be interesting but I think GF will keep only one type for Gym Leaders, I don't see that changing.

I'm thinking more she's primarily normal but has a preference for fairy-types too. That way Clefairy would "fit in" and dual type leaders wouldn't be too odd because they have a set type but just have another separate preference. Clare for example could become primarily dragon and have a preference for water-types as well (which...she kinda does already lol).

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
If Gamefreak is going to stay true to their roots, I think she'll stay normal and NOT include fairy at all. I mean if it's anything like the VC release of R/B/Y, it'll stay the same for the VC release of Gold and Silver. Am I right?

If we get a remake in many many years then maybe, but for this release, it'll stay a normal type gym.

By the way, I never played the Johto games as much as the others, so i'm looking forward to the VC release myself.

Yes but I was talking about a possible future remake, the VC version will not have much changes, that is ifit will.

I'm thinking more she's primarily normal but has a preference for fairy-types too. That way Clefairy would "fit in" and dual type leaders wouldn't be too odd because they have a set type but just have another separate preference. Clare for example could become primarily dragon and have a preference for water-types as well (which...she kinda does already lol).
I never played Heart Gold or Soul Silver so I didn't know Clair has a Gyarados. But still there weren't much Dragon Types to choose from in that time and Gyarados (and Charizard) is very like a Dragon.

Normal types in the otherhand exists alot, and Clefairy can easily be replaced by Jigglypuff as I said or Chansey (the latter would be a bad idea since it would make the battle harder to win if not impossible due to HP).

They could replace Clefairy with Stantler maybe. It would make sense since Stantler can be encountered north of Goldenrod.

I think that Whitney prefers Pink Pokémon :P

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Even if they keep Clefairy, it wouldn't be unprecedented as Sabrina used a Venomoth and Candice used a Medicham. In both these cases the preference went to moves, of the Psychic and Ice type respectively. In Clefairy's case it could just use the Normal-type TM that Whitney gives you for beating her.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Even if they keep Clefairy, it wouldn't be unprecedented as Sabrina used a Venomoth and Candice used a Medicham. In both these cases the preference went to moves, of the Psychic and Ice type respectively. In Clefairy's case it could just use the Normal-type TM that Whitney gives you for beating her.
True but since Whitney uses only two Pok?mon I think it wouldn't make her true normal type gym two have only two pok?min with different types. Sabrina and Candice had 4 Pok?mon each.

Talking about Clefairy in Goldenrod Gym, I found this picture.

JkHQuB8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
do you think maybe they'll actually put some work into this game and give all trainers past the first route 6 pokemon? do you think they should at least give all gym leaders 6 pokemon and be a bit more original with them? do you think they could add some more interesting after elite 4 content?
the series promotes playing with your favourites, could they maybe boost some rediculously weak ones so that becomes doable? these game need a lot of improvement. they have such a great format but they turn it into absolute rubbish

Back